NFL Week 14 In Review.....Short Version...

Originally Posted by AG 47

eek.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Glaring Obeservation

- WAYYYYYYY too many "blown coverages" every single week, I blame all these coaches relying on zone defense. What ever happened to manning up?
I been saying this all year. Outside of Revis and a few others DB play in the NFL has been abysmal. QB's are just lobbing the ball up every week and the CB's aren't making plays on the ball at all. Look how many QB's are putting up record numbers lol.
I agree with you guys but lets be honest.  The game is tailored to the WR.  It's sickening how many Pass Interference penalties there are week to week.  At this point as a WR if the ball is coming toward you and the CB hasn't turned around to find the ball you can just stop running let the CB bump you and get a PI call.

********.....well typical ********......god i hope we get a QB in the draft (among other things)
The only plus i take from this game is Roy Helu....we may have a RB, still have 0 WRs outside of Moss and no QB (even though grossman is some what serviceable at times he tends to routinely make the big mistake even though i don't blame him for this week moss should have caught that one)

eek.gif
 @ the ending to the 'Boys Giants game. Sitting there thinking to myself, wouldn't it be hilarious if this kicker misses.
TebowMania is out of control here in Denver. There is literally no more room on the bandwagon. Full.

Goodbye Todd. I thought maybe he would get a pass because of all the injuries but he was in danger before the Indy game. Seriously he probably should have been fired after the game yesterday. Worst Chiefs game I have ever seen. Same time you get the right QB and coach this team isn't far off. We have a lot of talent on this team.

indifferent.gif
 @ that penalty on London. Maybe live it was harder to call and yes, it is Brady but my goodness. Just put on the flags at this point. 

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

I am going to miss Todd Haley.
I was at the game yesterday, but I didn't even see what he did that warranted the Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty
laugh.gif
. What went down?

Jets
-It's always nice when the Jets beat up on teams that they should, and make wins that much easier for them, and the fans.
-IDC anymore.. when Sanchez is on, he's a solid QB. [T.O.]My Quarterback[/T.O.] He had a historic day yesterday (1st Jets QB to have two passing and rushing TDs in a single game).
-O-Line is continuing to hold up and allow Greene to run the ball well.
-Greene and Tomlinson on screens + the best Redzone offense in the game
pimp.gif
-Leonhard out is huge because our secondary is so thin on the depth charts. It's a time like this where I wish we had Dwight Lowery still. His ability as a ballhawk was appreciated.

View from my seats yesterday. Friend of my fathers gave me and him the tickets last minute. Best seat in the stadium IMO.

1j9tf5.jpg

With Vick back, and now Leonhard out for the season, next week won't be as easy as it appeared just a week or two ago for the Jets.

The Jets need to play effectively, but ultimately just find anyway to keep the win streak alive, ugly or not. I believe we control our own destiny from here on out, which makes things much more comfortable.

Rest of the league
-Cowboys D
laugh.gif
, Rob has to learn that blitzing all the time won't work. Rex has failed to realize that too sometimes, but Jets D > Dallas D anyway.
-I thought the 'Skins were going to pull away with a W. I swear at the Jets game the crowd cheered more twhen the 'Skins score was shown when they were winning (obviously beating NE), than they did for the Titants/Saints Texans/Bengals games
laugh.gif
-The Bengals and Titans losing happened about 2min after the Jets game ended, and they were both announced at the same time. Awesome moment on the car ride home finding out about the losses we needed to happen.
-Packers are going 16-0. Colts are going 0-16.
-Gronkowski irks me to no end
mad.gif
-Wish Fletcher stung Brady a bit
grin.gif
-I swear if Tebow never beat the Jets and affects the Jets playoff berth, I would probably be on the Tebowagon. Hard not to root for him.

• Steelers got a nice nice win & a very hard hitting game. We also got a nice schedule in that we don't have to play until Next Monday. Will be interesting to see how we play San Fran away.
  • Not worried about Ben playing but I am worried about Pouncey & Lamar being available.
  • Posted this in the Steeler thread (which I heard on the NFL telecast of the Steeler's game last Thursday). Since the beginning of the Chuck Knoll era through this year (which is 40 plus years), the Steelers have only had 5 centers; Mike Webster, Dermottie Dawnson, Jeff Hartings, Justin Hartwig, & Maurkice Pouney. That's incredible and speaks volumes about the franchise.
  • I love Debo (Harrison), but he needs to change up the way he hits. I'll be suprised if he doesn't get suspended (even though this is his first offense this year). This being his first offense this year might actually save him from being suspended too.
Rest of the league
  • I'm not a Cowboy hater, but I hate Jerry Jones so the loss last night was hilarious...
  • Like I said all year. Tom Coughlin is doing some of his best coaching this year & Eli is having a banging year & none of the pundits are talking about it.
  • Not sure how people are saying Romo was partly responsible because he overthrew Miles Austin last night in the 4Q.
  • Both Ryan brothers have looong been overrated.
  • Kudos to the Texans, missing a lot of players & still getting it done. Tebow may be winning but he really needs to learn to hit the open man in the first three quarters.
  • **% happened to Raheem & the Bucs? They let the Jags score 40+ points? Sorry Buc Em....
  • Sorry to see Jim Leonard get injured again. Second straight year right? Wonder if he will get cut next year....Great safety but turning into another Bob Sanders....
  • Damn, KC finally fired Haley. Another guy that is ok being an OC but should never be a head coach again. Rumblings that Sparano is going to get fired later this week too. Raheem better start packing his stuff up now. So should Norv. Someone please hire Jon Gruden so I can start watching MNF with audio again...Please....
  • Are Dalton & Cam hitting the rookie wall?
  • There was a lot of close games yesterday. Redzone channel was working on overdrive yesterday until the Denver game.
  • Then there was the Jags & Raiders. SMH....
  • Is anyone going to beat Green Bay?
  • This will be one of the more interesting playoffs in the NFC & AFC that I can remember. Lots of compelling story lines developing...

The officiation is horrible. Referee's individualy aren't neccessarily to blame, but something needs to change.

"We'll be fine though. Still control our on destiny..."

Man, ya'll Cowboy fans kill me with ya'll delusional selves. Eat a &@^#%$^ giant meaty &@^#

Anyway...
Texans
-AFC South Champs
pimp.gif
Nothing will "get interesting come week 17" again
-Yates with that clutchness
pimp.gif
. If you were down with the Texans from the beginning, you
already knew what the result was, so ain't nobody trippin in Houston but the ppl who decided
to jump on board last week.
-Still gotta cut the mistakes out though, especially on offense, and we can only get better from here.

The Rest
-
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Expected result from the Cowboys too. Eli OWNS Cowboys Stadium. And Newman, Ball,
and Sensabaugh are scrubs like I said. Hate the Murray injury though.
- Rex Grossmen
roll.gif
Wow, that ending sequence epitomizes his career. That Banks pass though
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

- Palmer
laugh.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
Dudes acting like he's having flashbacks of Ocho, but that is the Packers they were facing,
so I'll cut him a bit of slack
- Timmay Tebow!!!
pimp.gif
I thought the Broncos were dead, even after that close onside kick. But I guess the Lord
works in mysterious ways
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Barber aaaaaahahahahaha
roll.gif
roll.gif
Whoever did that gif of him and Hanie
on the sideline is a genius.
-Gotta give props to AJ Green, dude was making JJoseph's head spin
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

-Roy Helu is gonna produce for us... Now if we can just get him a QB smh

- skins make every QB look like mike vick. Got Tom !@%$#$* Brady out there scrambling smh

- pats pass d is horrible. They won't get far in the playoffs.

-
laugh.gif
Cowboy fans have all the excuses in the world for dude... It was a shoot out in games like that its Basically QB Vs QB the better QB won... Eli was just in the same kinda fight last week. How did that turn out??? Great players can make the throws in the 1st and the 4th. " lost the ball in the lights" Lmao

- Grownkowski is the sole reason I'm in the playoffs in Fantasy.
pimp.gif

- Rodgers
30t6p3b.gif
I enjoy every snap I watch him play... Praying someday I will be able to enjoy a QB like that on the skins.

- Ravens vs packers Superbowl

Originally Posted by do work son

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

- Not surprised TJ Yates is doing alright, he should have been the #2 guy to begin with.
did you watch the game? pocket presence was terrible, stared down receivers, refused to work through a progression. he looked like a rookie quarterback.... who happened to have a game winning drive.

His pocket presence is still light-years ahead of Tavaris Jackson though
laugh.gif

aww man how did I forget about that Brandon Banks pass yesterday
laugh.gif
at the guy who said he threw like Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite

bkmac wrote:

Nice seats.
pimp.gif

Never been to a NFL game before. So yeah.
ohwell.gif

-I hate tom brady.
-J-E-T-S one game at a time.
- Cowboys....just no.
-Tim Tebow is a winner plain and simple. 

"He's a good running back ... He does a good job for them." -Bitter Brian Urlacher on Tim Tebow

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

- Not surprised TJ Yates is doing alright, he should have been the #2 guy to begin with.
did you watch the game? pocket presence was terrible, stared down receivers, refused to work through a progression. he looked like a rookie quarterback.... who happened to have a game winning drive.

laugh.gif

Tarvaris been playing well lately though. Doesn't have much to work with on that team.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

laugh.gif

people will always find a way to nit pick tom's game. comes with the territory i guess
Rodgers got his helmet damn near popped off from blatant helmet to helmet yesterday and there was no call... Other fans see their QB take those hits with no calls and then see Fletcher on Brady get called and you see the result.
Are you insinuating Rodgers doesn't get the same cheap calls as other elite QB's?
laugh.gif
I'm not even a Giants fan but I was
sick.gif
cringing at some of those calls your team was awarded 2 weeks ago...and in that Thanksgiving game before the Lions got out of control, I'm pretty sure there was a horse %*@% roughing the passer on the Lions that everyone
30t6p3b.gif
at.

You might be right about the play you mentioned (I didn't watch that game)...but Aaron Rodgers should not be brought up if we're going to juxtapose other QB's NOT getting calls...

Regardless, that's not the point. The league is doing too much w/ protecting the offense and it's clear they'd rather see games end 42-35 than letting the %*@% flow. It's absurd and it gets worse each week.
Originally Posted by dmxfury

Refs are bad all around (due to confusing rules), but people have their biases and only see what they want
Exactly.

Duece, you're the same cat who got called out for not knowing about a penalty or timeout during a game, right? I can't recollect exactly what it was but I remember !!%+$+ clowning you for it. And we're supposed to take you seriously in these discussions? Yeah bro, keep standing on that soap box...

Originally Posted by BadaBing

Originally Posted by Peep Game

laugh.gif

Tarvaris been playing well lately though. Doesn't have much to work with on that team.

True, but still. It's like every single game he never knows how to just pull the ball down and take the sack or whatever. He always
has the ball out in full extention like a loaf of bread, while the pocket either completely collapses around him, or while he's getting
sacked by 3 different guys.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

[table][tr][th=""]Author[/th][th=""]Comment[/th][/tr][tr][td]
off_line.gif
S4L3[/td][td][h3]Official Cowboys VS. Giants Post....[/h3][/td][td] [/td][td]Lead[/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td]

Registered Member

12/07/11 10:49 AM
[/td][td]
TAGS : None

I just don't see how we lose this game...

Cowboys by 11.

Sig/Avy/$ bets?
[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

laugh.gif

people will always find a way to nit pick tom's game. comes with the territory i guess
Rodgers got his helmet damn near popped off from blatant helmet to helmet yesterday and there was no call... Other fans see their QB take those hits with no calls and then see Fletcher on Brady get called and you see the result.
Are you insinuating Rodgers doesn't get the same cheap calls as other elite QB's?
laugh.gif
I'm not even a Giants fan but I was
sick.gif
cringing at some of those calls your team was awarded 2 weeks ago...and in that Thanksgiving game before the Lions got out of control, I'm pretty sure there was a horse %*@% roughing the passer on the Lions that everyone
30t6p3b.gif
at.

You might be right about the play you mentioned (I didn't watch that game)...but Aaron Rodgers should not be brought up if we're going to juxtapose other QB's NOT getting calls...

Regardless, that's not the point. The league is doing too much w/ protecting the offense and it's clear they'd rather see games end 42-35 than letting the %*@% flow. It's absurd and it gets worse each week.
There are definitely times where Rodgers gets hit and I think to myself that he should be getting a call that he doesn't get, but you're right that's not the point at hand, I think fans of every team feel that way at one point or another (Less Pats fans of course
alien.gif
laugh.gif
).

There was a lot of shoulder shrugging with a smirk on my part at the Giants game... Some laughing too while I was getting yelled at to look at the screen at how Jordy Nelson was out of bounds on one of his spinning sideline catches when he was clearly in... But anyways... There are definitely very poorly officiated games.  And in the example of the Giants game you used, Charles Woodson got a PF for "forearm to the helmet" of Eli, where he jumped to block the pass and missed then momentum carried him into Eli in the shoulder/head region.  I see that play in a game where "were getting all the calls" then the next week Rodgers gets crushed with a helmet to helmet by a DL and theres no flag. 

Consistency is nowhere to be found in the NFL right now in terms of Personal Foul calls, but then again its hard to be consistent when youre making up vague rules as you go along.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

"He's a good running back ... He does a good job for them." -Bitter Brian Urlacher on Tim Tebow

laugh.gif

LOL, he was really hurt

Urlacher too busy painting his childs toe nails pink to stop a Running Back from completing 75% of his passes in the 2nd half.

roll.gif
roll.gif
my god, THAT'S what ppl weren't talking about with Avril during the Lions/Vikes game?!?!
laugh.gif
Luckily the Lions won, would've been a major disaster

Duece, you're the same cat who got called out for not knowing about a penalty or timeout during a game, right? I can't recollect exactly what it was but I remember !!%+$+ clowning you for it. And we're supposed to take you seriously in these discussions?

Dude what the hell are you even talking about??  Your up here making false accusations and don't even know who and or what is going on.  Your going to have to do better than that, you can't just make up stuff as you go along, that's not the way to go about things.  If anything we shouldn't be taking you seriously, if you were taken seriously by anyone to begin with with your fictional tales.

Back
Top Bottom