Niketalk, what's your age limit of being too old to live at home with moms?

Originally Posted by demik

Man, no limit. If you can remain being single or not serious in a relationship and still living at your moms, *!@% it you're lucky. Take advantage of it and save up like no tomorrow. As long as you don't have kids, or any other type of responsibilities, and your moms is cool with it, stay there as long as you want, but make sure you pay rent and help out. Trade-trade situation. You'll end up having a bunch of good @#++ in the end. Great car, good clothes, etc.

Move out once you have a decent job/career or when you think you're ready for commitment. You'll be leaving your moms a real wealthy dude/chick, and you'll realize, that you didn't *!@% up like the rest of the ignorant 18 year olds that stepped out into the real world, with no support and experience of how crazy it really is out there.

This. I am 24 now (and the situation might be different because in my culture, a woman is expected to stay with her parents until she is married), but when I move out, that's it. I am not coming back. So I need to make sure I am all set financially before I go. If that means saving up for the next two years, so be it. My current job is nice, but it's not exactly what I want. I know so many people who moved out immediately after graduation, and they live paycheck to paycheck, constantly worrying about covering rent because it's so expensive in this city.

I don't judge anyone who is trying to better themselves while living at home.

I'm 30...got fired from my job, moved back home....been back since '08...and I have NO issues staying
here longer....however....due to my current job being across the city, I'm going to have to find something a little closer...as long as you are home and not mooching off your parents then I see no issue with it...

I still get mine, however, my female situation is somewhat limited...and smushing in the whip can leave you and her bruised severely

I'm 30...got fired from my job, moved back home....been back since '08...and I have NO issues staying
here longer....however....due to my current job being across the city, I'm going to have to find something a little closer...as long as you are home and not mooching off your parents then I see no issue with it...

I still get mine, however, my female situation is somewhat limited...and smushing in the whip can leave you and her bruised severely

too many people on their high horses here i see.

25 and living at home has it's advantages and it has it's disadvantages but bein realistic  i wanna get the hell outta here now but im a year away from graduating and it would be pointless to work like a slave go to school full time and be broke after paying rent.  plus i got into some legal issues a few years back that i'm waiting to get off probation in june for and get the cases expunged off my record once i can because the minute jobs look at that background check and see assult charges and probation on there it's not a good look but those are my mistakes i gotta live with em.  but seriously if your at home contributing around the house and doing something productive for your future then i really don't see the big deal. i could care less what the "back in my day" generation thinks i'm not trying to prove nothing to no one and i would rather put myself in the best position when i do move out.

too many people on their high horses here i see.

25 and living at home has it's advantages and it has it's disadvantages but bein realistic  i wanna get the hell outta here now but im a year away from graduating and it would be pointless to work like a slave go to school full time and be broke after paying rent.  plus i got into some legal issues a few years back that i'm waiting to get off probation in june for and get the cases expunged off my record once i can because the minute jobs look at that background check and see assult charges and probation on there it's not a good look but those are my mistakes i gotta live with em.  but seriously if your at home contributing around the house and doing something productive for your future then i really don't see the big deal. i could care less what the "back in my day" generation thinks i'm not trying to prove nothing to no one and i would rather put myself in the best position when i do move out.

People from "back in the day" realize what's going on in America now. Some of these people from "back in the day" are experiencing that struggle themselves.

That whole argument is silly.

People from "back in the day" realize what's going on in America now. Some of these people from "back in the day" are experiencing that struggle themselves.

Originally Posted by Truballa101

seasoned vet wrote:

- you cats really dont get it do you?

- what you call struggling, i call regular life. it has its ups and downs. this? what we are discussing right here has NOTHING to do with bragging or trying to prove something. the feelings yall keep catching over it shows that you just feel inferior to those that have done it.

- im good either way though, .......carry on.
laugh.gif

....my man said struggling. na man, struggling would be panhandling, sleeping in your car, in a house with no heat in the winter. LOL@ struggling being a mere $2,000 reliable car and no cell phone bill
roll.gif
. and you dudes is dead serious too. these cats is straight diva status and have NO PROBLEM with it.
laugh.gif
. but again im good.

- ask your parents how they lived starting out. and them to reflect on their past and how they started. im curious.

1) what are you talking about 'diva status'

2) it doesn't matter what kinda story you give us bro. I respect you since you probably made it out fine doing your solo thing.

3) a lot of people are DEFINITELY trying to prove something by moving out at young age. You really don't know people like this? People who try to act like they're ultra independent?
grin.gif

4) I understand your situation man, You probably made it. But lets be real and lets generalize for a second...

If people stayed home after school til say 25. and stacked a few Gs every year they'd be set..

opposed to...

leaving home and going to the unknown. Especially in this Economy?! Man, I respect ya grind but your argument is null and void.

- in all honesty i didnt grow up with those types. i did graduate with some that graduated early and tried to brag. but every last one of them ended up dropping out of college and moving back in with mom's. some even ended up in prison. but no one ever bragged on their living situation. not saying i dont believe you though.

- even still, yall keep missing me. can you stack hella g's at the crib with mom? sure. but every year after 20 and you're that many years behind where you should be as far as living independently.
- i mean, still no one has answered the question. what price can you put on those 5+ years of lost experience living alone while at home with mom? does it equal all those g's you stacked? is it really worth it??

- no matter how yall keep trying to rationalize it. it all just sounds like you wanna jump in the pool, but mommy says its too cold and to stay under her blanket. is it cold in the pool......sure. but not as cold as mommy makes it out to be. but you'd never know because mommy's blanket feels too good. leave it up to mommy and you'd never get from under the blanket into the pool.

- the things yall keep trying to argue with me isnt my argument. READ. stop getting so defensive.

........and im not even going to address the diva comment. if the claims and excuses for not moving out dont say diva to you, theres nothing more i can do to explain it.

....and for the ones having to move back in due to different circumstances (divorce, losing a job) I AM  NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU.

Originally Posted by Truballa101

seasoned vet wrote:

- you cats really dont get it do you?

- what you call struggling, i call regular life. it has its ups and downs. this? what we are discussing right here has NOTHING to do with bragging or trying to prove something. the feelings yall keep catching over it shows that you just feel inferior to those that have done it.

- im good either way though, .......carry on.
laugh.gif

....my man said struggling. na man, struggling would be panhandling, sleeping in your car, in a house with no heat in the winter. LOL@ struggling being a mere $2,000 reliable car and no cell phone bill
roll.gif
. and you dudes is dead serious too. these cats is straight diva status and have NO PROBLEM with it.
laugh.gif
. but again im good.

- ask your parents how they lived starting out. and them to reflect on their past and how they started. im curious.

1) what are you talking about 'diva status'

2) it doesn't matter what kinda story you give us bro. I respect you since you probably made it out fine doing your solo thing.

3) a lot of people are DEFINITELY trying to prove something by moving out at young age. You really don't know people like this? People who try to act like they're ultra independent?
grin.gif

4) I understand your situation man, You probably made it. But lets be real and lets generalize for a second...

If people stayed home after school til say 25. and stacked a few Gs every year they'd be set..

opposed to...

leaving home and going to the unknown. Especially in this Economy?! Man, I respect ya grind but your argument is null and void.

- in all honesty i didnt grow up with those types. i did graduate with some that graduated early and tried to brag. but every last one of them ended up dropping out of college and moving back in with mom's. some even ended up in prison. but no one ever bragged on their living situation. not saying i dont believe you though.

- even still, yall keep missing me. can you stack hella g's at the crib with mom? sure. but every year after 20 and you're that many years behind where you should be as far as living independently.
- i mean, still no one has answered the question. what price can you put on those 5+ years of lost experience living alone while at home with mom? does it equal all those g's you stacked? is it really worth it??

- no matter how yall keep trying to rationalize it. it all just sounds like you wanna jump in the pool, but mommy says its too cold and to stay under her blanket. is it cold in the pool......sure. but not as cold as mommy makes it out to be. but you'd never know because mommy's blanket feels too good. leave it up to mommy and you'd never get from under the blanket into the pool.

- the things yall keep trying to argue with me isnt my argument. READ. stop getting so defensive.

........and im not even going to address the diva comment. if the claims and excuses for not moving out dont say diva to you, theres nothing more i can do to explain it.

....and for the ones having to move back in due to different circumstances (divorce, losing a job) I AM  NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU.

seasoned vet wrote:

I guess my priorities and your priorities are different. What benefits do you have that I don't? What exactly am I missing?

The freedom to dictate your own rules? Fine but most people would sacrifice that small bit of freedom in order to get their life on track and get their paper right.

No one is afraid to leave the nest and I think thats where you've got it twisted.

Why rush into something if you aren't financially set?

And every year after 20?! Bro, You realize most people graduate at 22-23 right? And maybe finish paying off loans at 24 or 25 right?

I'm beating a dead horse now.

After college, after schools paid for and after you get a good amount of money in your account THEN I'll talk about leaving.

/thread.

seasoned vet wrote:

I guess my priorities and your priorities are different. What benefits do you have that I don't? What exactly am I missing?

The freedom to dictate your own rules? Fine but most people would sacrifice that small bit of freedom in order to get their life on track and get their paper right.

No one is afraid to leave the nest and I think thats where you've got it twisted.

Why rush into something if you aren't financially set?

And every year after 20?! Bro, You realize most people graduate at 22-23 right? And maybe finish paying off loans at 24 or 25 right?

I'm beating a dead horse now.

After college, after schools paid for and after you get a good amount of money in your account THEN I'll talk about leaving.

/thread.

Originally Posted by elpurepecha

where im form down in Mex. Most families live together in the same house for up to three generations or four, yes there is alwasy some that move out, but eventually if you don't move back with your parents, they will end up moving in with you. Sometimes you might move back because you got money problems or sometimes your parents move cuz they have some. Me im 22 and still live with them, yet i pay about half the bills, my bro pays a couple and my parents pay the rest. Its not them charging me rent its me wanting to help them out.

Its also like this in many places in Europe supposedly.

Originally Posted by elpurepecha

where im form down in Mex. Most families live together in the same house for up to three generations or four, yes there is alwasy some that move out, but eventually if you don't move back with your parents, they will end up moving in with you. Sometimes you might move back because you got money problems or sometimes your parents move cuz they have some. Me im 22 and still live with them, yet i pay about half the bills, my bro pays a couple and my parents pay the rest. Its not them charging me rent its me wanting to help them out.

Its also like this in many places in Europe supposedly.

I think this thread is pointless now. Its obvious that some people dont realize others arent in their situation. For those that are in a great situation, good for you.

For those of you giving the guys crap for not having a job after college, give him/them a break. As i said before, i know here, in California, there arent any jobs. For me, i was told not to expect work for atleast a year. There are too many cutbacks, no new hirings, lots of layoffs. If theres an engineering job available, who do you think is going to get hired, a guy fresh out of college, or someone whos had 10+yrs experience. Its cut-throat out here.

I have an uncle who worked for one of the computer companies in Silicon Valley for over 20 years. He was laid off a couple years ago and he went to work at a car wash cuz things were/are THAT bad.

To some, theyre excuses....to others, theyre legit reasons.

I think this thread is pointless now. Its obvious that some people dont realize others arent in their situation. For those that are in a great situation, good for you.

For those of you giving the guys crap for not having a job after college, give him/them a break. As i said before, i know here, in California, there arent any jobs. For me, i was told not to expect work for atleast a year. There are too many cutbacks, no new hirings, lots of layoffs. If theres an engineering job available, who do you think is going to get hired, a guy fresh out of college, or someone whos had 10+yrs experience. Its cut-throat out here.

I have an uncle who worked for one of the computer companies in Silicon Valley for over 20 years. He was laid off a couple years ago and he went to work at a car wash cuz things were/are THAT bad.

To some, theyre excuses....to others, theyre legit reasons.

I'm 23, living at home and about to finish college...

My question is, what if I go to the same school for grad school, and end up graduating when I'm like 26? Should I still be at home??

I don't see a problem with it really, but it's kind of too much...

My question is, what if I go to the same school for grad school, and end up graduating when I'm like 26? Should I still be at home??

i moved out from 18-21...at 22 im back stacking, trying to get out of debt soo i hopefully never have to live here again.

i moved out from 18-21...at 22 im back stacking, trying to get out of debt soo i hopefully never have to live here again.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Maybe I just have to much pride to understand.

Do you live at home with your parents?

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Maybe I just have to much pride to understand.

Do you live at home with your parents?

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Thats perfectly acceptable.

Going to graduate school with a goal of ultimately bettering yourself or chances of success beats the hell out of sitting at home posting in this thread as to why you should still be living at home. 

In a way grad school is a full-time job.

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Thats perfectly acceptable.

Going to graduate school with a goal of ultimately bettering yourself or chances of success beats the hell out of sitting at home posting in this thread as to why you should still be living at home. 

In a way grad school is a full-time job.

I guess what keeps me coming back to this thread is that I'm annoyed that some people will settle for less when they know they can do better.

Obviously reality doesn't always see it that way and some people aren't going to be successful but I guess what I'm saying is that I don't hope that on anyone. I want to see people have independence and be in control of their lives. 

This might strike a nerve in some of you still living at home, Its not my intention to offend you.

I guess what keeps me coming back to this thread is that I'm annoyed that some people will settle for less when they know they can do better.

Obviously reality doesn't always see it that way and some people aren't going to be successful but I guess what I'm saying is that I don't hope that on anyone. I want to see people have independence and be in control of their lives. 

This might strike a nerve in some of you still living at home, Its not my intention to offend you.

Back
Top Bottom