Niketalk, what's your age limit of being too old to live at home with moms?

some people are in a rush to move out because they want/need that independence/ tired of parents' rules while other people have freedom while living under their parents' roof so people's situations are different. i agree with the people who would rather stay til they are financially stable

^ i totally agree, but in todays society just like Jimmy McMillan said the rent is to damn high.In my area a 1 bedroom apartment is a 1,000 + without utilities.

^ i totally agree, but in todays society just like Jimmy McMillan said the rent is to damn high.In my area a 1 bedroom apartment is a 1,000 + without utilities.

This topic comes up all the time, 9/10 it involves people talking out of their %%# who haven't moved out on their own in the first place.  Or it's those who have and think simply because they made it through that everyone in every situation can do the same.  Not everyones situation is the same and just because you managed doesn't mean everyone can. What's the better scenario... moving out at 19, working constantly just to make ends meet, not having any money to save, and constantly putting money into an apartment... or working and living at home, saving money to eventually BUY something that you own, and not going through unnecessary financial pressures and struggles. If you have a good job, good savings, and can actually afford to do it while still thinking towards your future... then move out as soon as you want to/can. But if you're just getting out to get out and think you're supposed to, then you should reevaluate your position... a lot of people are excited to leave the nest at 18, only to realize they have to come back in a couple years.
It doesn't make you less of a man to live at home when you're 25... it makes you less of a man when you judge other people's lives and situations just at face value or let other people influence your actions. Look at the current job market, it's not as if people are just handing jobs out and those living at home are too lazy to want one, it's tough out there for EVERYONE... now is not the time to get further bogged down in debt and struggle just for the sake of your pride and "being a man"  You do what's best for you and your life, and who cares what anyone else says.

This topic comes up all the time, 9/10 it involves people talking out of their %%# who haven't moved out on their own in the first place.  Or it's those who have and think simply because they made it through that everyone in every situation can do the same.  Not everyones situation is the same and just because you managed doesn't mean everyone can. What's the better scenario... moving out at 19, working constantly just to make ends meet, not having any money to save, and constantly putting money into an apartment... or working and living at home, saving money to eventually BUY something that you own, and not going through unnecessary financial pressures and struggles. If you have a good job, good savings, and can actually afford to do it while still thinking towards your future... then move out as soon as you want to/can. But if you're just getting out to get out and think you're supposed to, then you should reevaluate your position... a lot of people are excited to leave the nest at 18, only to realize they have to come back in a couple years.
It doesn't make you less of a man to live at home when you're 25... it makes you less of a man when you judge other people's lives and situations just at face value or let other people influence your actions. Look at the current job market, it's not as if people are just handing jobs out and those living at home are too lazy to want one, it's tough out there for EVERYONE... now is not the time to get further bogged down in debt and struggle just for the sake of your pride and "being a man"  You do what's best for you and your life, and who cares what anyone else says.

i would say 25ish.
I just turned 23, graduated in may. I still live at home but im never there, mostly at my girlfriends apartment

i would say 25ish.
I just turned 23, graduated in may. I still live at home but im never there, mostly at my girlfriends apartment

man i'm leaving at 18. Going to college
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by demik

Man, no limit. If you can remain being single or not serious in a relationship and still living at your moms, *!@% it you're lucky. Take advantage of it and save up like no tomorrow. As long as you don't have kids, or any other type of responsibilities, and your moms is cool with it, stay there as long as you want, but make sure you pay rent and help out. Trade-trade situation. You'll end up having a bunch of good @#++ in the end. Great car, good clothes, etc.

Move out once you have a decent job/career or when you think you're ready for commitment. You'll be leaving your moms a real wealthy dude/chick, and you'll realize, that you didn't *!@% up like the rest of the ignorant 18 year olds that stepped out into the real world, with no support and experience of how crazy it really is out there.
QFT.

moved out when i was 25. and was stacking exponentially. i moved out cause i got tired of hearing mom and dad doing the nasty upstairs.

Man, no limit. If you can remain being single or not serious in a relationship and still living at your moms, *!@% it you're lucky. Take advantage of it and save up like no tomorrow. As long as you don't have kids, or any other type of responsibilities, and your moms is cool with it, stay there as long as you want, but make sure you pay rent and help out. Trade-trade situation. You'll end up having a bunch of good @#++ in the end. Great car, good clothes, etc.

Move out once you have a decent job/career or when you think you're ready for commitment. You'll be leaving your moms a real wealthy dude/chick, and you'll realize, that you didn't *!@% up like the rest of the ignorant 18 year olds that stepped out into the real world, with no support and experience of how crazy it really is out there.
QFT.

moved out when i was 25. and was stacking exponentially. i moved out cause i got tired of hearing mom and dad doing the nasty upstairs.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

This.

Straight up. A bunch of people move out so early as if they have something to prove only to be mad broke and #+$% up their credit. If I'm not in a serious relationship where I would actually want to live with that person and vice versa or have a kid, I see no rush whatsoever.

I'm 25 and JUST started my career in what I went to school for after a string of @$%**%$% warehouse jobs and other crapola...and I have a degree. I'm about to pay off loans, pay off my car, and save up money. I have no kids. I'm not trying to move in with no girl. I'll be thanking myself later.
My respect to this man.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

This.

Straight up. A bunch of people move out so early as if they have something to prove only to be mad broke and #+$% up their credit. If I'm not in a serious relationship where I would actually want to live with that person and vice versa or have a kid, I see no rush whatsoever.

I'm 25 and JUST started my career in what I went to school for after a string of @$%**%$% warehouse jobs and other crapola...and I have a degree. I'm about to pay off loans, pay off my car, and save up money. I have no kids. I'm not trying to move in with no girl. I'll be thanking myself later.
My respect to this man.
pimp.gif

Im 23, have bad credit, school loans to pay off, credit card debt to pay off, dont have a car and i live with my mom and bros. I work and pay rent tho.

these days its hard to find a good job. and money is a big problem. Id say 25 you should be out.

Im 23, have bad credit, school loans to pay off, credit card debt to pay off, dont have a car and i live with my mom and bros. I work and pay rent tho.

these days its hard to find a good job. and money is a big problem. Id say 25 you should be out.

Back
Top Bottom