No United airlines thread ? VOL....Delta won

So call the cops whenever you want to wash your hands of something? Lol, I want to be an airline attendant. Sounds like airlines is the business to be at. Must be nice that you can just call the cops because you pissed someone off for your mistake.
So what if the flight attendants took it into their own hands to remove him? Yall would cry about that too.

Let's be clear. There are unruly and rude customers in every business. If business people had a habit of calling the cops to deal with every unruly customer than the cops would never go home.

So you are a troll. Lol
:lol: so certain pics are okay and others arent? Troll = opposite point of view these days. I already said I dont agree with the amount of force used by the officer but I do agree with calling them to have him removed from the flight.

I don't get it, he wasn't breaking any law by holding his seat and wanting to take a flight he paid for. What's the justification for removing him, forcibly or not? It's a civil matter ain't no reason to get police involved

Oh, they ran a random number generator formula in excel, huh.

Last edited:
I don't get it, he wasn't breaking any law by holding his seat and wanting to take a flight he paid for. What's the justification for removing him, forcibly or not? It's a civil matter ain't no reason to get police involved
They needed space for another flight crew. They always take priority over passengers.

if the fine print said customers can be forcibly removed, and Im pretty sure it does on like every airline ticket, that guy probably wont get a dime, right?

They needed space for another flight crew. They always take priority over passengers.

Which is why they shouldn't sell seats that weren't available. You inconvenience the customer, you make it worth their while. Not a very hard concept to understand. This cap that they put on compensating the customer should not be a hard cap. The customer should be able to dictate terms because they were inconvenienced for someone else's mistake.

Let's face it. The company just didn't want to take the time to haggle. Just 'Yea it was my mistake, but we're only going to pay THIS much for your trouble. Can't go any higher even though this was our bad.'

That's just tremendously lazy and it's going to reflect on their bottom line now that the video came to light.

Last edited:
Yupp. That's something they need to work out. It's not the travelers fault they overbooked. I wouldn't have got up either, esp knowing I have someplace to be the next day

And them reimbursements are trash. Someone said how they gave up their seat and the shuttle bus took them to the wrong hotel. Had to walk 10 blocks to the correct hotel with all the luggage. Plus the money compensation wasn't even cash. It was flight credit

Im good. Next time save the dam seats and not overbook

Which is why they shouldn't sell seats that weren't available. You inconvenience the customer, you make it worth their while. Not a very hard concept to understand. This cap that they put on compensating the customer should not be a hard cap. The customer should be able to dictate terms because they were inconvenienced for someone else's mistake.
Could have been a last minute delay on another flight. They tried to compensate him, he doesn't get to call the shots. Period. Way too much entitlement. Im sure nowhere on that ticket does it say this is a GUARANTEE you are getting to your destination, willing to bet it says much more to the opposite of that effect.

I get that (and it sounds like bad policy for any company) but by force? He wasn't breaking any law just company policy so why involve the police?

Could have been a last minute delay on another flight. They tried to compensate him, he doesn't get to call the shots. Period. Way too much entitlement. Im sure nowhere on that ticket does it say this is a GUARANTEE you are getting to your destination, willing to bet it says much more to the opposite of that effect.

Can't roll with this. If this is the case what's the point of flying anywhere with anyone?

No disrespect but your industry has been raping the customer for a long time. It's really rediculous.
None taken, I just work here :lol: all I'm doing is letting yall know how it works. You can't dictate or demand anything and think they're gonna just hand over 2k or whatever you think you deserve because you have to get off the plane. Those things fly with or without you, in the end it's up to them.

dude shouldve just kept a pepsi on him

them vouchers are usually ******** anyway.

take cash/check

Last edited:
You talk like 2k is a lot in the grand scheme of things to a multi billion dollar company. Maybe if it adds up... Lol, but guess what. If it keeps adding up, I bet they'd stop overbooking then.. [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Last edited:
Nah, they overbook as a practice. It keeps planes full, there are overbooked flights that go out with empty seats. They stop overbooking and profits go down.

Back
Top Bottom