No United airlines thread ? VOL....Delta won

its private property sure but when its a commercial business i.e. open to the public then money is the guarantee

the money you pay as a customer pays their rent, their employees, buys their goods and pays the owner

theyre not doing you a favor letting you in the restaurant youre doing them a favor patronizing their business

as far as refunds go, thats all well and good but a refund isnt compensatory for bad service

if you go out to eat and get sick are you gonna say a refund is enough?
Airlines compensate for this kind of thing. They give you a free flight, hotel if you are stuck overnight and at times they will cut a check. Dude got put in a bad situation but he made it worse. Not saying he deserved to get his nose bled but he was coming off that plane one way or another, police only talk for so long.

You wait, and ask for a supervisor to intervene. If the supervisor can't still convince the man, you ask for higher ups. Go along the chain of command, and I am pretty sure management would have just made other arrangements. Calling the police that can escalate to violence in this day and age of social media is the last thing any company wants! You don't ruin your company's billion dollar reputation over one customer whom refuses to comply with your requests.

Werd. Go along the chain of command...make arrangements that can accommodate someone. There is a protocol that dictates actions, with force being the last resort. Bet they decided it wasn't worth the trouble to negotiate and just called the cops.

Airlines compensate for this kind of thing. They give you a free flight, hotel if you are stuck overnight and at times they will cut a check. Dude got put in a bad situation but he made it worse. Not saying he deserved to get his nose bled but he was coming off that plane one way or another, police only talk for so long.

You said it yourself... he was put in this situation by United. NO ONE ELSE!

Everyone knows flights get overbooked all the times.. it's a common simple mistake. HOWEVER most airlines don't make this mistake of letting the passengers board the plane first.

You don't have fare-paying passengers sit in their seats, then raffle off their seats after the fact! :lol:

Whats funny to me is that I KNOW Delta is celebrating cause just last week/up until this incident they were the ones on everyones **** list. With all their recent cancellations

This dude United Gooze going down with his company :smh:
:lol: I dont even work for United.
Werd. Go along the chain of command...make arrangements that can accommodate someone. There is a protocol that dictates actions, with force being the last resort. Bet they decided it wasn't worth the trouble to negotiate and just called the cops.
I bet this ordeal lasted way longer than what the video showed.

You said it yourself... he was put in this situation by United. NO ONE ELSE!

Everyone knows flights get overbooked all the times.. it's a common simple mistake. HOWEVER most airlines don't make this mistake of letting the passengers board the plane first.

You don't have fare-paying passengers sit in their seats, then raffle off their seats after the fact! :lol:
If the situation with the crew came up late then thats not the same thing. Either way he should have just complied, but then again this is America so Im sure he'll get a nice settlement for not following directions.

Well you work for one of these companies and think its dudes fault cause he didnt' "follow directions"

The airline aint god *****. Let the police come pull me off this flight not some pansy flight attendant

If?
If the situation with the crew came up late then thats not the same thing. Either way he should have just complied, but then again this is America so Im sure he'll get a nice settlement for not following directions.

Most airlines are professional enough to know how many people can board a plane including flight crews. They take count prior to allowing the passengers to board. That's the usual protocol to avoid this type of situation.

And screw all this complying and bending over to whatever they tell you mentality. You're a consumer, you have CIVIL rights!

mf gooze mf gooze Is it fun to work for the most trash major airline on the planet? They must pay you pretty well based on your posts

Last edited:
customer service in general is in the dumps

companies want to charge the most money for doing the least in terms of service/quality

Dude up in here acting like staying an entire nother day in a city not of your own, missing work and ****, is something everyone should just be okay with, and "follow directions" :lol:

customer service in general is in the dumps

companies want to charge the most money for doing the least in terms of service/quality

MF Gooze thinks it's a privilege, not a right, to stay on a flight that you paid for even if you are doing nothing wrong. Damn selfish and entitled customers :smh:

It's kinda sad that dude in this thread is of the mentality 'Welps you got drawn the short stick, so now you HAVE to take the L for someone else's mistake.' Lol, damn.

Where I come from, you make the mistake, you have to pay for it. There shouldn't be a limit on a price dude can demand for giving up his seat. You want me off the seat, then you got to make it worth my while.

Now you can say, damn. No limit on a price you can pay for your mistake? That sounds expensive! And I'd say, you're damn right. Better make sure you don't make those mistakes then.

Last edited:
"Why they drag that man outta his seat like that?!"

C9EGSSzUIAALii6.jpg
laugh.gif
 ok im done 

Well you work for one of these companies and think its dudes fault cause he didnt' "follow directions"

The airline aint god *****. Let the police come pull me off this flight not some pansy flight attendant
The dude that pulled him was a cop, not an airline employee.
If?
Most airlines are professional enough to know how many people can board a plane including flight crews. They take count prior to allowing the passengers to board. That's the usual protocol to avoid this type of situation.

And screw all this complying and bending over to whatever they tell you mentality. You're a consumer, you have CIVIL rights!
laugh.gif

@MF Gooze Is it fun to work for the most trash major airline on the planet? They must pay you pretty well based on your posts
Which airline do I work for?
MF Gooze thinks it's a privilege, not a right, to stay on a flight that you paid for even if you are doing nothing wrong. Damn selfish and entitled customers
mean.gif
Its not a right, genius.
It's kinda sad that dude in this thread is of the mentality 'Welps you got drawn the short stick, so now you HAVE to take the L for someone else's mistake.' Lol, damn.

Where I come from, you make the mistake, you have to pay for it. There shouldn't be a limit on a price dude can demand for giving up his seat. You want me off the seat, then you got to make it worth my while.
They offered compensation.

I wonder how many of yall really run this e-tough talk with the police 
laugh.gif

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/contract-of-carriage.aspx#sec25

Denied Boarding (U.S.A./Canadian Flight Origin) - When there is an Oversold UA flight that originates in the U.S.A. or Canada, the following provisions apply:

Request for Volunteers

UA will request Passengers who are willing to relinquish their confirmed reserved space in exchange for compensation in an amount determined by UA (including but not limited to check or an electronic travel certificate). The travel certificate will be valid only for travel on UA or designated Codeshare partners for one year from the date of issue and will have no refund value. If a Passenger is asked to volunteer, UA will not later deny boarding to that Passenger involuntarily unless that Passenger was informed at the time he was asked to volunteer that there was a possibility of being denied boarding involuntarily and of the amount of compensation to which he/she would have been entitled in that event. The request for volunteers and the selection of such person to be denied space will be in a manner determined solely by UA.

Boarding Priorities - If a flight is Oversold, no one may be denied boarding against his/her will until UA or other carrier personnel first ask for volunteers who will give up their reservations willingly in exchange for compensation as determined by UA. If there are not enough volunteers, other Passengers may be denied boarding involuntarily in accordance with UA’s boarding priority:
Passengers who are Qualified Individuals with Disabilities, unaccompanied minors under the age of 18 years, or minors between the ages of 5 to 15 years who use the unaccompanied minor service, will be the last to be involuntarily denied boarding if it is determined by UA that such denial would constitute a hardship.

The priority of all other confirmed passengers may be determined based on a passenger’s fare class, itinerary, status of frequent flyer program membership, and the time in which the passenger presents him/herself for check-in without advanced seat assignment.

I'm saying before the police came an attendant told him to get off right!?

So again I'm not following their directions until a cop come tell me.

And so what I've talked tough to cops and got arrested and also talked nice and follow orders and got arrested. Means nothing

They offered compensation.

I wonder how many of yall really run this e-tough talk with the police :lol:  

The point was the police shouldn't have been involved. You take the L as a company, don't put a limit on his compensation, increase it until he's satisfied, and avoid mistakes in the future that would lead to four paying customers who were already seated to be forced out. Didn't even have to be him to leave. You increased the jackpot enough someone will bite.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom