No United airlines thread ? VOL....Delta won

Flight wasn't even overbooked, meaning no one should have been approached beyond voluntarily.
But if they needed a crew in another city then they take priority over a passenger. A pilot flying that next plane is much more valuable than flight vouchers + compensation. 
The point was the police shouldn't have been involved. You take the L as a company, don't put a limit on his compensation, and avoid mistakes in the future that would lead to four paying customers who were already seated to be forced out.
So if the guy says "I need 3k to get out of this seat then United needs to pay that?" I don't agree with the force used which caused him to bust his nose but if the guy is just flat out refusing then eventually its gonna get physical.

So if the guy says "I need 3k to get out of this seat then United needs to pay that?" I don't agree with the force used which caused him to bust his nose but if the guy is just flat out refusing then eventually its gonna get physical.

Uhh yes. You make the mistake. You pay for it. Literally.

Last edited:

Uhh yes. You make the mistake. You pay for it. Literally.

And it's not like it's just him, right? Cause I can understand the dilemma of one guy getting to set his own price, but it's anyone on the plane. You offer a good compensation for missing a flight and someone will take it. It wouldn't have been that big of an amount in the scheme of things.

Last edited:
And it's not like it's just him, right? Cause I can understand the dilemma of one guy getting to set his own price, but it's anyone on the plane. You offer a good compensation for missing a flight and someone will take it.
I read a passengers account that said they were offering up cash to anyone that would get off, no one took it so they had to start picking people. Usually if they have to pick it's the people that bought really cheap tickets or the ones that checked in last.

And it's not like it's just him, right? Cause I can understand the dilemma of one guy getting to set his own price, but it's anyone on the plane. You offer a good compensation for missing a flight and someone will take it.
I read a passengers account that said they were offering up cash to anyone that would get off, no one took it so they had to start picking people. Usually if they have to pick it's the people that bought really cheap tickets or the ones that checked in last.

Yeah, to me, you offer until someone takes that offer.

I don't understand how forcibly removing a random seated passenger is even on the table as an appropriate response to overbooking.

I don't understand how forcibly removing a random seated passenger is even on the table as an appropriate response to overbooking.
had nothing to do with overbooking. They needed to get a crew somewhere which could have been caused by another flight delay. It's not like they told him to get off so another passenger can board which I have seen happen.

had nothing to do with overbooking. They needed to get a crew somewhere which could have been caused by another flight delay. It's not like they told him to get off so another passenger can board which I have seen happen.

Whatever the reason they needed to remove a passenger. I just think this is a completely inappropriate response to deal with the situation.

Is this protocol? Offer $1000, and if no one takes it, pick someone at random and drag them off? wtf.

Last edited:
Whatever the reason they needed to remove a passenger. I just think this is a completely inappropriate response to deal with the situation.

Is this protocol? Offer $1000, and if no one takes it, pick someone at random and drag them off? wtf.
Ask for volunteers that will be compensated.
If no one volunteers they may bump up the compensation.
If theres still no one that volunteers then they pick people, typically late boarders and people with cheaper tickets.
If that person decides to act like an *** and not leave then the authorities are called to step in.
At this point it is out of the airlines hands.

Last edited:
Can you bargain with them like yo $750 cash and four inflight dinners

That sounds like a worst deal than the $600 they offered.

That airplane food has been sitting there for who knows how long and it breathed the same recirculated air thousands of people had breathed. No thanks jeff

Not leaving is acting an ***? You know this sets a new precedent right. Let me be on the next flight this happens PLEASE! I'm leaving with $1000 hotel or you gonna have me bloddy and a 6 figure lawsuit lol

Inflight meals? Nah son.

$1500 + a stay at a hotel of my choice and I'll get off.
You are generous fam, I want the $1,500, choice of nice, NICE, hotel, I want access to the Captain's Club/lounge  when I return to the airport, and then, I want first class as part of my make-up flight. You offer that then hey, I will de-board the plane and wish all a safe trip.

Not leaving is acting an ***? You know this sets a new precedent right. Let me be on the next flight this happens PLEASE! I'm leaving with $1000 hotel or you gonna have me bloddy and a 6 figure lawsuit lol
Good luck with that.

Im sorry but I dont think this was racially motivated at all.

Everyone wants to cash in on that card lately.

Never thought of Asians as a target for racism.

Stereotyped yes but racism?

You've never thought of Asians being targets of racism?

You sir, are a damn fool. And that's putting it mildly.

You getting sucked in to his devil's advocate/contrarian troll ****, bruh....Homie does it all the time. Not even worth it.

Bargaining is a courtesy. Yet customers feel entitled?

It's why I don't like to fly too often

Any other country, and you are probably thrown off without a refund just for causing a scene with 4 flight crew members.. No one stepped in because deep down they knew dude was being a donkey

Who exactly was going to step in?

They just concussed a 70 year old man, nothing is off limits @ that point, :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask for volunteers that will be compensated.
If no one volunteers they may bump up the compensation.
If theres still no one that volunteers then they pick people, typically late boarders and people with cheaper tickets.
If that person decides to act like an *** and not leave then the authorities are called to step in.
At this point it is out of the airlines hands.

So call the cops whenever you want to wash your hands of something? Lol, I want to be an airline attendant. Sounds like airlines is the business to be at. Must be nice that you can just call the cops because you pissed someone off for your mistake.

Bargaining is a courtesy. Yet customers feel entitled?

It's why I don't like to fly too often

Any other country, and you are probably thrown off without a refund just for causing a scene with 4 flight crew members.. No one stepped in because deep down they knew dude was being a donkey
Atleast someone gets it.

Back
Top Bottom