No United airlines thread ? VOL....Delta won

How do they even decide

They do the neegan thing or something

After no one accepted the deal, they did it randomly by computer l think.
Whatever it is, it's certainly not dragging a paying passenger off the plane bloodied.

He was resisting :lol:

They didn't beat him........ l don't think. 

Again how do you remove a man who doesn't want to be moved if not by force?

Random LOL. Yea...ok. Guaranteed they didn't pick people to be removed on that flight who fly frequently, have business accounts, etc.

What were they supposed to do?

They asked him to vacate the seat multiple times.

l understand that over booking is the problem but it's here.

You ask some one to leave and they don't you just let the plane sit until he decides it's time or wait until another passenger breaks?

Serious question.

De-escalation training and techniques which usually takes time and communication.

Maybe request the staff to first remove all the people boarded prior to forcing him physically off so there won't be any witnesses especially with cellphone videos. At that point, request for an interpreter that can communicate with this man in his own language.

Use of FORCE should be the last resort

On top of it all, if you read the witness account, the manager didn't do anything (other than being condescending) to try to smooth things over before things reached the boiling point. Like I said before, heads will roll for this.

1 - Manager

2 - Cop

3 - People/persons in charge of watching dude when he was off the plane

Welp, they ****** up 
laugh.gif

My wife and I got married in Mexico a few years ago, and the flight was over booked.  They tried offering incentives, but we damn sure weren't taking it.  I guess someone took it because there were no issues.
laugh.gif
 If I wasn't going to my wedding I would have considered it, but usually when you are travelling you either want to get to your destination or want to get home.  Losing a day sucks. 

And, I read earlier that they decide who is getting bumped based off of who is travelling alone, and other parameters.  The article made it seem like he wasn't just randomly selected. 

What I wanna know is what got that man so shook he was saying "just kill me" over and over again after they let him back on the flight?

Last edited:
What I wanna know is what got that man so shook he was saying "just kill me" over and over again after they let him back on the flight?

They didn't let him back on :lol: Dude escaped from the handlers. He's dealing with a head injury (at 69 years old) after being assaulted. Definitely not in the right frame of mind. Looked disoriented and possibly concussed.

Even though they didn't break any laws, United is a joke. They knew they had employees that needed seats. So how do they let overbooking happen ? Now you're just inconveniencing customers.

Same clowns who denied access to two teen girls for wearing leggings.

Even though they didn't break any laws, United is a joke. They knew they had employees that needed seats. So how do they let overbooking happen ? Now you're just inconveniencing customers.

Im guessing they thought there would be no shows. There probably always are.

Last edited:
Quote:
The thing that makes me mad is no one is standing up and saying anything. Just whip out there phone and tape. Dude in the orange shirt in front of him was damn near smirkin the whole time
There's no win in fighting cops, he may get off but you getting beaten and charged with assaulting a cop. Video evidence is what's making this such an easy situation for a quick settlement

So your gonna fight air marshals for what?

Y'all need to really think about what was going on.

Agree, heard there was a cap.
I heard there's no official cap, they was being stingy with the green. Seems like whoever was in charge threw his weight around and fouled up
if that computer picked an old lady....or a handicapped person.....and THEY refused like ol boy....they woulda handled that differently and THATS how this shoulda been handled.
apparently there's a hierarchy for these situations. Kids flying solo, handicap, or elderly are likely to be last to be requested to leave. Also frequent flyers and those who spent the bucks

My wife and I got married in Mexico a few years ago, and the flight was over booked.  They tried offering incentives, but we damn sure weren't taking it.  I guess someone took it because there were no issues.
laugh.gif
 If I wasn't going to my wedding I would have considered it, but usually when you are travelling you either want to get to your destination or want to get home.  Losing a day sucks. 

And, I read earlier that they decide who is getting bumped based off of who is travelling alone, and other parameters.  The article made it seem like he wasn't just randomly selected. 
Spirit tried to rebook us when we went to Vegas, we woulda took it but there was a 3hr layover in LA plus it was gonna get there 2hrs later than the original. If I was flying home from college and they was offering $800 and a room woulda be a no brainer

Frankly, you are just being a jerk at this point if you make cops drag you off a plane after you are explicitly not following terms of an agreement you signed.

Also, why the United backlash? A cop dragged him off.

plus...

The airline said it then followed US Department of Transportation protocol in calling local law enforcement to forcibly remove the man from the plane after he refused to disembark.

The Chicago Department of Aviation said in a statement that the incident "was not in accordance with our standard operating procedure and the actions of the aviation security officer are obviously not condoned by the department."

Bu bu but he was a felon [emoji]128561[/emoji]

I am pretty sure almost all flights are overbooked.

:lol: :lol:

The still image of dude getting dragged with his glasses like down his face is so unintentionally funny. Really is like a Chappelle skit.

The CEO's response more than anything made me apprehensive of how they treat their customers. Wouldn't be my first choice unless the deal is ill.

If i didnt have to be somewhere at an exact time i woulda taken that easy

thats a roundtrip to amsterdam

Back
Top Bottom