NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

226062_823362378045_1400920_40007508_2869555_n.jpg

ITS THAT TIME!

tonight's beer choice is:

Product%20-%20Hoegaarden.preview.jpg

love this beer

I love Blue Moon but never felt inclined to try their sunset honey wheat or other varieties. Is this pumpkin ale something far different from a blue moon OG?

Nice purchase on the Sam's Octoberfest.. About what was the price you paid? Sam's Club has a two 12 pack "case" for around $22-24 bucks. I have yet to see some type of national price gauge on beers. I was out in NY awhile back and paid out of this world amounts for a variety of beers. Going further north to more obscure NE states, its much worse. Then in the Austin area and again, crazy high prices.. Maybe where I'm at its just cheap to get drunk? And a place where it's generally expensive to begin with, Toronto, 12 packs were just so high up there.. In those places, you almost have no choice but to go with the cheap crap to stay within any sort of budget. I understand the cost of living and all that but I was amazed at the prices.

Carlsburg, I have had before. It's a decent beer, but nothing truly distinguishable to where I felt I needed to pay $8.50 per six pack, when other regional beers come close at just $6.99 or %5.99 a six. I'm a very price concicious drinker switching up to almost anything on sale that can come reasonably close to beers that are more expensive.

I love Blue Moon but never felt inclined to try their sunset honey wheat or other varieties. Is this pumpkin ale something far different from a blue moon OG?

Nice purchase on the Sam's Octoberfest.. About what was the price you paid? Sam's Club has a two 12 pack "case" for around $22-24 bucks. I have yet to see some type of national price gauge on beers. I was out in NY awhile back and paid out of this world amounts for a variety of beers. Going further north to more obscure NE states, its much worse. Then in the Austin area and again, crazy high prices.. Maybe where I'm at its just cheap to get drunk? And a place where it's generally expensive to begin with, Toronto, 12 packs were just so high up there.. In those places, you almost have no choice but to go with the cheap crap to stay within any sort of budget. I understand the cost of living and all that but I was amazed at the prices.

Carlsburg, I have had before. It's a decent beer, but nothing truly distinguishable to where I felt I needed to pay $8.50 per six pack, when other regional beers come close at just $6.99 or %5.99 a six. I'm a very price concicious drinker switching up to almost anything on sale that can come reasonably close to beers that are more expensive.

i tried honeymoon, wasn't a fan. i expected more of a honey taste but you can barely taste anything.

i didn't see octoberfest sam at my bevmo.. hopefully they get some soon.

i cant wait for xmas time, i need to find that french xmas beer again and stock up

Newcastle 
pimp.gif

I'll occasionally sip on a Sam Adams Summer Ale in the summertime. Also had a Black & Blue (Blue Moon and Guiness draft mix) for the first time the other day, and it was delicious. 

Newcastle 
pimp.gif

I'll occasionally sip on a Sam Adams Summer Ale in the summertime. Also had a Black & Blue (Blue Moon and Guiness draft mix) for the first time the other day, and it was delicious. 

i tried honeymoon, wasn't a fan. i expected more of a honey taste but you can barely taste anything.

i didn't see octoberfest sam at my bevmo.. hopefully they get some soon.

i cant wait for xmas time, i need to find that french xmas beer again and stock up

i just took a sip.. and nope, no fruity pebbles
laugh.gif

but then again, i havent had fruity pebbles in years

i just took a sip.. and nope, no fruity pebbles
laugh.gif

but then again, i havent had fruity pebbles in years

WallyHopp wrote:
Also tried a Saison style beer, which represents a more cloudy yellow color and a Beligian style white beer.  
Saisons are probably my favorite style right now. So freaking good.

If they're available in your area, get some Boulevard Tank 7 and/or Saison-Brett. Both are incredible.

And Grand Teton Brewing Company's The Grand Saison blew my mind over the weekend. Absolutely amazing.

WallyHopp wrote:
Also tried a Saison style beer, which represents a more cloudy yellow color and a Beligian style white beer.  
Saisons are probably my favorite style right now. So freaking good.

If they're available in your area, get some Boulevard Tank 7 and/or Saison-Brett. Both are incredible.

And Grand Teton Brewing Company's The Grand Saison blew my mind over the weekend. Absolutely amazing.

Can I get some help here.

A couple months back I ordered a Kirin draft at a japanese steakhouse and it was AMAZING. Almost tasted like a soda if that makes sense? A bit dark but not to strong. Then I get the same thing on draft at PF CHangs and it taste or looks NOTHING like it, tastes like a normal beer.

Help??

Can I get some help here.

A couple months back I ordered a Kirin draft at a japanese steakhouse and it was AMAZING. Almost tasted like a soda if that makes sense? A bit dark but not to strong. Then I get the same thing on draft at PF CHangs and it taste or looks NOTHING like it, tastes like a normal beer.

Help??

To who was asking about my blue moon pumpkin ale:

First of all, it wasn't very aromatic to begin with. I'd say the regular blue moon is by far more aromatic in its own regard. Taste wise, it was nothing impressive either. My friend said he sensed a very subtle pumpkin-y taste...which I read no hint of at all. Overall, it was an experiment I felt was not worth skipping over my Lost Coast Great White for.

A question for you all who've tried shocktop:

Anybody else get an aftertaste that reminds them of soysauce? I swear I can't take shock tops because of this..

To who was asking about my blue moon pumpkin ale:

First of all, it wasn't very aromatic to begin with. I'd say the regular blue moon is by far more aromatic in its own regard. Taste wise, it was nothing impressive either. My friend said he sensed a very subtle pumpkin-y taste...which I read no hint of at all. Overall, it was an experiment I felt was not worth skipping over my Lost Coast Great White for.

A question for you all who've tried shocktop:

Anybody else get an aftertaste that reminds them of soysauce? I swear I can't take shock tops because of this..

i was messing with this over the weekend

Blue%2BPoint%2BToxic%2BSludge.JPG

i thought i was taking a risk by the name alone but it was a pleasant surprise.

i was messing with this over the weekend

Blue%2BPoint%2BToxic%2BSludge.JPG

i thought i was taking a risk by the name alone but it was a pleasant surprise.

Back
Top Bottom