NTers from the actual hood?

Growing up there teaches you more about LIFE & common sense things than you can learn growing up in the suburbs IMO. I havent been there in years though since i was a kid but if i could i would do it ALL over again.

Sitting on the porch drinking kool aid, getting those 5$ paper foodstamps to go to the store and get candy, waiting on the snowball truck, putting the fan in the window and leaving the front door open with the screen on it, going to the playground to see the older dudes shooting basketball and fighting, falling off monkey bars and running home crying, playing baseball on the side of the building with tennis balls, looking at my homeboy mama in the doorway with nothing but a long tshirt on LMFAO.

Growing up there teaches you more about LIFE & common sense things than you can learn growing up in the suburbs IMO. I havent been there in years though since i was a kid but if i could i would do it ALL over again.

Sitting on the porch drinking kool aid, getting those 5$ paper foodstamps to go to the store and get candy, waiting on the snowball truck, putting the fan in the window and leaving the front door open with the screen on it, going to the playground to see the older dudes shooting basketball and fighting, falling off monkey bars and running home crying, playing baseball on the side of the building with tennis balls, looking at my homeboy mama in the doorway with nothing but a long tshirt on LMFAO.

born and raised in orange mound memphis tn
u name it, i seen it all...nothin to brag about
nothin wrong with a combo of street/book/common sense

born and raised in orange mound memphis tn
u name it, i seen it all...nothin to brag about
nothin wrong with a combo of street/book/common sense

Originally Posted by ricky409

Honestly...

If someone constantly talk about going back and staying in the hood...

Either their bald face liars or ain't got @%@$ going on...

Any real n______ from the hood ain't talkin about going back and staying.
True words and I do not even live in a bad side of East New York. Growing up in NYC though I get a lot of people who try to test me, but I say screw it and do not let my pride take over. Minding your business can only get you so far. 

Originally Posted by ricky409

Honestly...

If someone constantly talk about going back and staying in the hood...

Either their bald face liars or ain't got @%@$ going on...

Any real n______ from the hood ain't talkin about going back and staying.
True words and I do not even live in a bad side of East New York. Growing up in NYC though I get a lot of people who try to test me, but I say screw it and do not let my pride take over. Minding your business can only get you so far. 

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Oooh, lah-tee-dah, "American hoods", bunch of fancy pants.
Ya'll ever been to a 3rd world hood?

I don't think anyone in here is bragging....

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Oooh, lah-tee-dah, "American hoods", bunch of fancy pants.
Ya'll ever been to a 3rd world hood?

I don't think anyone in here is bragging....

Originally Posted by derry1

i was lucky enough to make it out the hood...ain't nothing to brag about...lost alot of good friends in the streets..i still visit from time to time...((((I HATE THE HOOD)))

honestly i'm real glad my pops moved to cali when i was younger. if i didn't have close friends and family living in the hood i wouldn't be anywhere near the hood since i would have no reason being there.

what got me
laugh.gif
though is that i got a dude i know that lives in europe i've sold shoes to that i sometimes talk to on facebook, that stays listening to all the g funk early mid 90's west coast hip hop and is always asking me about what it's like in compton and watts and telling me how he wants to go check out compton whenever he comes to LA,    i'm just like damn
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
  aint nothing poppin off in compton that's worth seeing my dude. if your going to visit the LA area for the first time compton is the place you'd want to visit.

Originally Posted by derry1

i was lucky enough to make it out the hood...ain't nothing to brag about...lost alot of good friends in the streets..i still visit from time to time...((((I HATE THE HOOD)))

honestly i'm real glad my pops moved to cali when i was younger. if i didn't have close friends and family living in the hood i wouldn't be anywhere near the hood since i would have no reason being there.

what got me
laugh.gif
though is that i got a dude i know that lives in europe i've sold shoes to that i sometimes talk to on facebook, that stays listening to all the g funk early mid 90's west coast hip hop and is always asking me about what it's like in compton and watts and telling me how he wants to go check out compton whenever he comes to LA,    i'm just like damn
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
  aint nothing poppin off in compton that's worth seeing my dude. if your going to visit the LA area for the first time compton is the place you'd want to visit.

Grew up in Humboldt Park here in the Chi.....It is what it is...I mean, you can avoid the +%%! with the right guidance, you can fall into the +%%! without the right guidance, all about how you were raised...

Gangbangin here in Chicago is ridiculous tho
sick.gif
tired.gif

These dudes dont play, its truly a way of life for these foolies....I stay around Kings, Maniac's and Spanish Cobras
sick.gif
sick.gif
Steady beefin against each other of course

My block has like a 2 way stop sign and then you can only turn one way cause the park is the other way....Kings were out there bricking everybody's whip who rolled by just for the !$%$ of it....Smh...i was just posted on the stairs watching, all young dudes too....Once the weather gets warmer they older heads come out and then thats when all hell breaks loose..

During the PR fest last june me and mommy were walking down Division and Washtenaw, cops had division blocked off but not the side streets...Some Cobra's came down the side street in a grey tahoe rolled down the back window and just let off a whole clip with 5-0 on the block not too far down, hit 3 D'z...1 in the head, 2 in the leg....Buddy just ran past me and my mom dragging his bloody @*% leg yelling for help while the other cat a lil older too like 33 if i had to guess just laid out on the corner dead...+%%! was OC
eek.gif
eek.gif

Mos Def Not Looking Forward to The Summer Time....Seems Like It's Already Started Tho..  
tired.gif

Grew up in Humboldt Park here in the Chi.....It is what it is...I mean, you can avoid the +%%! with the right guidance, you can fall into the +%%! without the right guidance, all about how you were raised...

Gangbangin here in Chicago is ridiculous tho
sick.gif
tired.gif

These dudes dont play, its truly a way of life for these foolies....I stay around Kings, Maniac's and Spanish Cobras
sick.gif
sick.gif
Steady beefin against each other of course

My block has like a 2 way stop sign and then you can only turn one way cause the park is the other way....Kings were out there bricking everybody's whip who rolled by just for the !$%$ of it....Smh...i was just posted on the stairs watching, all young dudes too....Once the weather gets warmer they older heads come out and then thats when all hell breaks loose..

During the PR fest last june me and mommy were walking down Division and Washtenaw, cops had division blocked off but not the side streets...Some Cobra's came down the side street in a grey tahoe rolled down the back window and just let off a whole clip with 5-0 on the block not too far down, hit 3 D'z...1 in the head, 2 in the leg....Buddy just ran past me and my mom dragging his bloody @*% leg yelling for help while the other cat a lil older too like 33 if i had to guess just laid out on the corner dead...+%%! was OC
eek.gif
eek.gif

Mos Def Not Looking Forward to The Summer Time....Seems Like It's Already Started Tho..  
tired.gif

Growing up in bmore, it was ok...u learn not to be scared of stuff other ppl from different environments would worry bout n everybody can stand up for themselves...the females are easy, freaky, and show alotta luv...but I learned through my travels that's all chicks anywhere tho lol

Growing up in bmore, it was ok...u learn not to be scared of stuff other ppl from different environments would worry bout n everybody can stand up for themselves...the females are easy, freaky, and show alotta luv...but I learned through my travels that's all chicks anywhere tho lol

coming out of the ghetto's one benefit is that you will damn near always appreciate what you have when you move up the ladder.

One set of people I think about is my parents.... They lived back in Trinidad (a Caribbean island) until about 1991.

My pops had a great gov't job with so many perks. Making more than enough $$ to support his family and even his brother's, sisters and parents.

They decided to move to NY in the 90's when crime was ridiculous. And literally had to climb the ladder from the bottom again. I could imagine what the hell went through their heads when they had to realize that they basically moved to the damn slums again.

I guess they had a vision of a big picture when they made a choice.... I probably would have been a spoiled brat if I never came up here.

coming out of the ghetto's one benefit is that you will damn near always appreciate what you have when you move up the ladder.

One set of people I think about is my parents.... They lived back in Trinidad (a Caribbean island) until about 1991.

My pops had a great gov't job with so many perks. Making more than enough $$ to support his family and even his brother's, sisters and parents.

They decided to move to NY in the 90's when crime was ridiculous. And literally had to climb the ladder from the bottom again. I could imagine what the hell went through their heads when they had to realize that they basically moved to the damn slums again.

I guess they had a vision of a big picture when they made a choice.... I probably would have been a spoiled brat if I never came up here.

Originally Posted by StuntHard

growing up, i got respect from OG's not because i did g !%#$, but because i was well spoken and could "talk to white folks", which was a priceless skill that could get you far away from the hood and take you anywhere.

When I was visiting my dad in Philly, he could only get a couple days off work so the other 3 days I was on my own. So I kinda figured out the local bus/train route etc to get to downtown. So I am on the bus/train and people are just staring at me
laugh.gif
. I mean, people look MAD too. I am just like damn. So I get to the gallery mall
laugh.gif
, and people are messing with me constantly. Like, staring at me, scuzzing me, girls are rolling their eyes etc and I'm like, what did I do? I buy something and I have a couple of bags etc, I go outside, and these goons or whatever are like "whats up pretty boy, shopping today? where you going? whats good man?" etc I just ducked my head and kept it moving. I mean I am no small untuff dude by any means. I am 6 ft 200, but I am also not stupid
laugh.gif
. Ever since I got on the 1st bus I couldn't help but feel like I was a target to some extent. Real talk NT, I was scared.

So I walk around the corner, and there is this big loud lady selling cell phone covers from a stand etc. I mean she is YELLING stuff
laugh.gif
. There had to have been at least 100 or so people on the corner as I was passing through. All of a sudden I hear "AHH HELLLLLL NNAAWWLL, NICKRA THINK HE TOO GOOD FO ME!" I am like lol this lady is a trip I wonder who she talking to. I look her way to see whats up and "YEAH IM TALKING TO YOUR TIGHT !!$ SHIRT WEARING PRETTY BOY !!$. YOU BETTA KEEP WALKING." At this point my feelings are hurt
laugh.gif
. I just kinda dip into the crowd as everyone else is acting completely normal like they didn't hear or see *#$%
laugh.gif
. I am just like, ....what the $!$% man?

Anyways I get into a store called city blue or something, and I actually meet a girl. Get her # etc. She invites me to a club that friday. And I asked my sister about the club and she said that it was a pretty grimey club. This might sound kinda weak but I turned it down because I didn't feel like I would be in the best situation if I had went. I mean, this dude that obviously ain't from here with some really pretty girl....I mean, haters gonna hate. Especially if they had already been hatin or whatever it was that they were doing in broad daylight
laugh.gif
. So yeah I didn't go. Pretty girl tho
frown.gif

Originally Posted by StuntHard

growing up, i got respect from OG's not because i did g !%#$, but because i was well spoken and could "talk to white folks", which was a priceless skill that could get you far away from the hood and take you anywhere.

When I was visiting my dad in Philly, he could only get a couple days off work so the other 3 days I was on my own. So I kinda figured out the local bus/train route etc to get to downtown. So I am on the bus/train and people are just staring at me
laugh.gif
. I mean, people look MAD too. I am just like damn. So I get to the gallery mall
laugh.gif
, and people are messing with me constantly. Like, staring at me, scuzzing me, girls are rolling their eyes etc and I'm like, what did I do? I buy something and I have a couple of bags etc, I go outside, and these goons or whatever are like "whats up pretty boy, shopping today? where you going? whats good man?" etc I just ducked my head and kept it moving. I mean I am no small untuff dude by any means. I am 6 ft 200, but I am also not stupid
laugh.gif
. Ever since I got on the 1st bus I couldn't help but feel like I was a target to some extent. Real talk NT, I was scared.

So I walk around the corner, and there is this big loud lady selling cell phone covers from a stand etc. I mean she is YELLING stuff
laugh.gif
. There had to have been at least 100 or so people on the corner as I was passing through. All of a sudden I hear "AHH HELLLLLL NNAAWWLL, NICKRA THINK HE TOO GOOD FO ME!" I am like lol this lady is a trip I wonder who she talking to. I look her way to see whats up and "YEAH IM TALKING TO YOUR TIGHT !!$ SHIRT WEARING PRETTY BOY !!$. YOU BETTA KEEP WALKING." At this point my feelings are hurt
laugh.gif
. I just kinda dip into the crowd as everyone else is acting completely normal like they didn't hear or see *#$%
laugh.gif
. I am just like, ....what the $!$% man?

Anyways I get into a store called city blue or something, and I actually meet a girl. Get her # etc. She invites me to a club that friday. And I asked my sister about the club and she said that it was a pretty grimey club. This might sound kinda weak but I turned it down because I didn't feel like I would be in the best situation if I had went. I mean, this dude that obviously ain't from here with some really pretty girl....I mean, haters gonna hate. Especially if they had already been hatin or whatever it was that they were doing in broad daylight
laugh.gif
. So yeah I didn't go. Pretty girl tho
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom