NTers from the actual hood?

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

I'm from New Orleans and I am curious about "colors" especially gang related. So if you live in a blood neighborhood you couldn't even wear a blue shirt and vice versa with crips?

if u not holding rank, then u got a situation on your hands. ive seen big homies wear orange, and itll be cool, cause _s knew who they were and how they got down (no fucc +$@*). red on the other hand? it better be your team, ON gameday in your home
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

I'm from New Orleans and I am curious about "colors" especially gang related. So if you live in a blood neighborhood you couldn't even wear a blue shirt and vice versa with crips?

if u not holding rank, then u got a situation on your hands. ive seen big homies wear orange, and itll be cool, cause _s knew who they were and how they got down (no fucc +$@*). red on the other hand? it better be your team, ON gameday in your home
laugh.gif

Honestly...

If someone constantly talk about going back and staying in the hood...

Either their bald face liars or ain't got @%@$ going on...

Any real n______ from the hood ain't talkin about going back and staying.

Honestly...

If someone constantly talk about going back and staying in the hood...

Either their bald face liars or ain't got @%@$ going on...

Any real n______ from the hood ain't talkin about going back and staying.

I loved growing up in the bronx as a kid i didnt really think much of it

but with that being said I wouldnt go back now

I loved growing up in the bronx as a kid i didnt really think much of it

but with that being said I wouldnt go back now

Overtown/dade county/miami florida

You had your good days where all the kids in the hood would play street football on weekend and you had your bad nights where drug dealin fools from another hood would spray up the whole block. I remember when my fam and i lived in such a ghetto %%! apartment complex, 1st floor deep in the hallways. I would leave to go get my hair braided by the hair dew lady and as i look to my left i'd see the average hood dealer selling dope right in my hallway/on the side of my door...all this happen when i was 8-11 in the late 90's.

Overtown/dade county/miami florida

You had your good days where all the kids in the hood would play street football on weekend and you had your bad nights where drug dealin fools from another hood would spray up the whole block. I remember when my fam and i lived in such a ghetto %%! apartment complex, 1st floor deep in the hallways. I would leave to go get my hair braided by the hair dew lady and as i look to my left i'd see the average hood dealer selling dope right in my hallway/on the side of my door...all this happen when i was 8-11 in the late 90's.

Lived in Harlem and the Bronx in the 90s...the change is incredible. No more vacant lots...hardly any abandoned buildings anymore. I'm proud but the new movement is almost making this city as a whole expensive as hell to live in now. I said I'd never leave but if I had a family I'd bounce ASAP.

Maaaaaan am i so blessed than in just a decade and change, my family would go from being in that mess to a nice 150k home in G.A, with my mother not having to work another day in her life.

Maaaaaan am i so blessed than in just a decade and change, my family would go from being in that mess to a nice 150k home in G.A, with my mother not having to work another day in her life.

Lived in Harlem and the Bronx in the 90s...the change is incredible. No more vacant lots...hardly any abandoned buildings anymore. I'm proud but the new movement is almost making this city as a whole expensive as hell to live in now. I said I'd never leave but if I had a family I'd bounce ASAP.

i'm from little rock, which ain't really the hood, but the gang infestation hit a peak around 92-94, when the per capita murder rate was equivalent to NYC

there's not really a strong sense of respect for the environment, but there is a strong sense of community, especially with older folks who lived there before it became the hood.

when i was 9, i got robbed in broad daylight in my front yard for a starfruit, a HALF EATEN starfruit.

when i was 10, the house across the street from me got lit up in a drive by, and about 8 bullets hit my house, and my grandma made me sleep on the floor for a week. a little girl that was in the house sleep got her foot torn off at the ankle by a chopper bullet.

when i was 13, i saw some dudes tie a stray dog up and hack it to death with a garden rake. that image still %%+@! with me.

a few years ago, i caught a .38 flathead in the back at a well lit gas station over a bad dope deal that missed my spine by a half-inch. it was business as usual 10 minutes after the ambulance came and scooped me up. if it would have been a hollow, i woulda changed my SN to WheelchairJDUB. i was sleep, and that *%$+% opened my eyes. i'm still paying consequences to this day.

the advice you get from people who were raised with no fathers should have been taken with a grain of salt, but as a youth, doing anything to get money just to blow on stupid stuff sounds like a good idea.

every crackhead used to "be somebody", former big time dope boy, pimp, baller, whoever, and they just made mistakes and fell off. that dude asking your for 38 cents (who the hell asks for an odd number of change lol) is somebody's pops, uncle, brother, and is loved by someone, and is breaking someone's heart with their actions and choices.

you learn how to lie for your own protection, which is something i am working to change, because i value transparency now.

growing up, i got respect from OG's not because i did g !%#$, but because i was well spoken and could "talk to white folks", which was a priceless skill that could get you far away from the hood and take you anywhere.

sometimes i wish i woulda grown up in a white neighborhood with golden retrievers and folks playin hackey-sack on the front porch, but i wouldn't have been as well-rounded as i am today.

now, i only go to the hood to get my car washed by a junkie, and visit family. other than that, it's all about good grades and getting in shape.

i'm from little rock, which ain't really the hood, but the gang infestation hit a peak around 92-94, when the per capita murder rate was equivalent to NYC

there's not really a strong sense of respect for the environment, but there is a strong sense of community, especially with older folks who lived there before it became the hood.

when i was 9, i got robbed in broad daylight in my front yard for a starfruit, a HALF EATEN starfruit.

when i was 10, the house across the street from me got lit up in a drive by, and about 8 bullets hit my house, and my grandma made me sleep on the floor for a week. a little girl that was in the house sleep got her foot torn off at the ankle by a chopper bullet.

when i was 13, i saw some dudes tie a stray dog up and hack it to death with a garden rake. that image still %%+@! with me.

a few years ago, i caught a .38 flathead in the back at a well lit gas station over a bad dope deal that missed my spine by a half-inch. it was business as usual 10 minutes after the ambulance came and scooped me up. if it would have been a hollow, i woulda changed my SN to WheelchairJDUB. i was sleep, and that *%$+% opened my eyes. i'm still paying consequences to this day.

the advice you get from people who were raised with no fathers should have been taken with a grain of salt, but as a youth, doing anything to get money just to blow on stupid stuff sounds like a good idea.

every crackhead used to "be somebody", former big time dope boy, pimp, baller, whoever, and they just made mistakes and fell off. that dude asking your for 38 cents (who the hell asks for an odd number of change lol) is somebody's pops, uncle, brother, and is loved by someone, and is breaking someone's heart with their actions and choices.

you learn how to lie for your own protection, which is something i am working to change, because i value transparency now.

growing up, i got respect from OG's not because i did g !%#$, but because i was well spoken and could "talk to white folks", which was a priceless skill that could get you far away from the hood and take you anywhere.

sometimes i wish i woulda grown up in a white neighborhood with golden retrievers and folks playin hackey-sack on the front porch, but i wouldn't have been as well-rounded as i am today.

now, i only go to the hood to get my car washed by a junkie, and visit family. other than that, it's all about good grades and getting in shape.

My family lives in Compton. The place is grosssssss. I moved out and hate visiting. Santa Fe and Rosecrans FTL =(

My family lives in Compton. The place is grosssssss. I moved out and hate visiting. Santa Fe and Rosecrans FTL =(

who cares.

I'm tired of people 22 and under from all walks of life glorifying "the hood".

I want to know what it's like to grow up rich, because that's how my children will be raised.

who cares.

I'm tired of people 22 and under from all walks of life glorifying "the hood".

I want to know what it's like to grow up rich, because that's how my children will be raised.

Originally Posted by sherwin100s

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

Drugs,Murder,Police,Stick up kids ,+$!*%+, and Crackheads oh and fast cash and early deaths .
Born and raised in NYC hoods if it matters from Brooklyn to Queens

Aggressive girls that will show you aggressive love
Pain from the loss of loved ones to not being able to afford certain %+#% (medical...food...etc etc)

Expensive clothes and a whip means more than a decent crib...well in the hood a decent crib is all about perspective. You can't knock another mans crib when he's comfortable living there.

Gang affiliation...even when you're not in the gang...everyone else is so you live the %+#% too

Hearing gun shots every now & then...New years is odee though
laugh.gif

Truly knowing yourself and your capabilities because you HAVE to fight

Finding people that surprise you because their minds are so beautiful but the things they do are so ugly

Chicken spot, Chinese food, Corner store and pizza shop...

Being humble because honestly anybody could get it.

EVERYBODY goes to Rikers

etc etc...

FLATBUSH, BROOKLYN  Southside Chicago

Also cosign what MontellGriffin97 said about Chicago too

Originally Posted by sherwin100s

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

Drugs,Murder,Police,Stick up kids ,+$!*%+, and Crackheads oh and fast cash and early deaths .
Born and raised in NYC hoods if it matters from Brooklyn to Queens

Aggressive girls that will show you aggressive love
Pain from the loss of loved ones to not being able to afford certain %+#% (medical...food...etc etc)

Expensive clothes and a whip means more than a decent crib...well in the hood a decent crib is all about perspective. You can't knock another mans crib when he's comfortable living there.

Gang affiliation...even when you're not in the gang...everyone else is so you live the %+#% too

Hearing gun shots every now & then...New years is odee though
laugh.gif

Truly knowing yourself and your capabilities because you HAVE to fight

Finding people that surprise you because their minds are so beautiful but the things they do are so ugly

Chicken spot, Chinese food, Corner store and pizza shop...

Being humble because honestly anybody could get it.

EVERYBODY goes to Rikers

etc etc...

FLATBUSH, BROOKLYN  Southside Chicago

Also cosign what MontellGriffin97 said about Chicago too

Originally Posted by ksteezy

I was raised on east tremont and third ave in the BX, never thought it was a bad neighborhood, but that's because I grew up there, outsiders consider this area bad, then I chilled a good part of my life on 153 and Gerard (wife's family) another not so good area but I thought it was fine...I guess growing up in the BX you kind of develop a 6th sense for grimmeyness and so you don't worry much, unless something rubs you the wring way....I now live in the burbs and enjoy it.

QFT.

When we first immigrated to the states, we lived in the BX--specifically the Castle Hill/Parkchester area of the BX. I had a good life growing up there, quite honestly.

It wasn't until I moved out (to Connecticut) that I started hearing things to the tune of, "Ohh my goodness, you lived in the BRONX...that's such a dangerous place..." (
eyes.gif
).

If you mind your business, the chances of someone messing with you are very slim, frankly. I've come to realize that this whole fear about places like the BX, exist simply because people automatically equate areas heavily populated by minority groups with festering and unrelenting crime. It's all veiled racism; that's what it boils down to.

I walked to and from school everyday without worry.

I played ball in the park (106 park next to St. Raymond) often, late into the night, without fear of being harmed.

I saw and knew a few "bangers", but paid 'em no mind because they paid me no mind. Most of 'em were chill people...smoke, drink, crack jokes, ball, holla at females, that's what they were concerned with from my personal vantage point. I never saw them loot, plunder, or terrorize the community.

Point is, a large part of the fears "outsiders" maintain about the "hood" is rooted in a certain kind of prejudice that is unfair to the citizens on either side of the fence. That fear, if nurtured, will breed some level hate, which will in turn, give way to violence if left unresolved.

At the very least, when in the "hood", mind-your-business. If you do this, you will more than likely have a safe experience.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

I was raised on east tremont and third ave in the BX, never thought it was a bad neighborhood, but that's because I grew up there, outsiders consider this area bad, then I chilled a good part of my life on 153 and Gerard (wife's family) another not so good area but I thought it was fine...I guess growing up in the BX you kind of develop a 6th sense for grimmeyness and so you don't worry much, unless something rubs you the wring way....I now live in the burbs and enjoy it.

QFT.

When we first immigrated to the states, we lived in the BX--specifically the Castle Hill/Parkchester area of the BX. I had a good life growing up there, quite honestly.

It wasn't until I moved out (to Connecticut) that I started hearing things to the tune of, "Ohh my goodness, you lived in the BRONX...that's such a dangerous place..." (
eyes.gif
).

If you mind your business, the chances of someone messing with you are very slim, frankly. I've come to realize that this whole fear about places like the BX, exist simply because people automatically equate areas heavily populated by minority groups with festering and unrelenting crime. It's all veiled racism; that's what it boils down to.

I walked to and from school everyday without worry.

I played ball in the park (106 park next to St. Raymond) often, late into the night, without fear of being harmed.

I saw and knew a few "bangers", but paid 'em no mind because they paid me no mind. Most of 'em were chill people...smoke, drink, crack jokes, ball, holla at females, that's what they were concerned with from my personal vantage point. I never saw them loot, plunder, or terrorize the community.

Point is, a large part of the fears "outsiders" maintain about the "hood" is rooted in a certain kind of prejudice that is unfair to the citizens on either side of the fence. That fear, if nurtured, will breed some level hate, which will in turn, give way to violence if left unresolved.

At the very least, when in the "hood", mind-your-business. If you do this, you will more than likely have a safe experience.

Back
Top Bottom