NTers from the actual hood?

lived in the bronx my whole life ( kingsbridge and now the fordham area ) , i hate it with a passion now that i'm raising my own kids in it .

my block is notoriously hot, guaranteed at least 3 people will die on this block this summer, nevermind how many will be wounded. you live in the hood when you've made bad decisions , when you've cut corners in life . no one wants to or strives to live here, you do it because it's all you can do because of your own actions.

it's taken me an awful long time but i'm just about ready to bounce and i swear to god i will never look back ......

lived in the bronx my whole life ( kingsbridge and now the fordham area ) , i hate it with a passion now that i'm raising my own kids in it .

my block is notoriously hot, guaranteed at least 3 people will die on this block this summer, nevermind how many will be wounded. you live in the hood when you've made bad decisions , when you've cut corners in life . no one wants to or strives to live here, you do it because it's all you can do because of your own actions.

it's taken me an awful long time but i'm just about ready to bounce and i swear to god i will never look back ......

When you grow up in the hood as a kid the hood is all you know, and the things that go on around you are looked at as just "how things are." It is only when you step out of the hood when you realize how bad things were where you came from.

Also when you step out of the hood (if you have a good head on your shoulders and you didn't secumb to the mindless BS that goes on there) you are able to apply the savvyness, alertness, and survival skills you HAD to have in the hood... which in my opinion are invaluable tools that help you succeed in the "real world." That's why when people leave the hood and are successful, they always pay homage to the circumstances and experiences they went through in the hood that helped prepare them for whatever challenges they would face anywhere else. In those cases, I love when peeople shout out their hood. Now when a 33 year old who is the third owner of a 10 year old luxury car attempts to glorify it and thinks they are doing ti BIG, that is when it gets sad.

If you don't get caught up in any BS and are able to maintain perspective, growing up in the hood isn't bad at all. With other people who are doing good and came from around your way, it is like being in a fraternity with them.

When you grow up in the hood as a kid the hood is all you know, and the things that go on around you are looked at as just "how things are." It is only when you step out of the hood when you realize how bad things were where you came from.

Also when you step out of the hood (if you have a good head on your shoulders and you didn't secumb to the mindless BS that goes on there) you are able to apply the savvyness, alertness, and survival skills you HAD to have in the hood... which in my opinion are invaluable tools that help you succeed in the "real world." That's why when people leave the hood and are successful, they always pay homage to the circumstances and experiences they went through in the hood that helped prepare them for whatever challenges they would face anywhere else. In those cases, I love when peeople shout out their hood. Now when a 33 year old who is the third owner of a 10 year old luxury car attempts to glorify it and thinks they are doing ti BIG, that is when it gets sad.

If you don't get caught up in any BS and are able to maintain perspective, growing up in the hood isn't bad at all. With other people who are doing good and came from around your way, it is like being in a fraternity with them.

I forgot to mention, you will never find deals like you find in the hood. real talk..(i.e. flatscreens brand new in the box 52 inch sony for 300)

I forgot to mention, you will never find deals like you find in the hood. real talk..(i.e. flatscreens brand new in the box 52 inch sony for 300)

Liquor store, liquor store, church, church, liquor store
30t6p3b.gif

But bodegas FTW!!!!!
pimp.gif

Po boy sammich $1
Quarter water $.25
Chips .$25

Liquor store, liquor store, church, church, liquor store
30t6p3b.gif

But bodegas FTW!!!!!
pimp.gif

Po boy sammich $1
Quarter water $.25
Chips .$25

Once you learn to live in the ghetto, the ghetto doesnt leave you.
On a side note: Does Brooklyn/ Harlem have a worse crime rate than Oakland?

or is it the Oakland of the East?

Once you learn to live in the ghetto, the ghetto doesnt leave you.
On a side note: Does Brooklyn/ Harlem have a worse crime rate than Oakland?

or is it the Oakland of the East?

im from the hood. from the ghetto. its funny because when something goes wrong. i assume the ghetto is to blame. the hood/ghetto was a learning experience. i enjoyed it i mean i have many memories of coming up in that situation. idk, what its like living in a rich environment. i mean i assume its cool too LOL different memories.

im from the hood. from the ghetto. its funny because when something goes wrong. i assume the ghetto is to blame. the hood/ghetto was a learning experience. i enjoyed it i mean i have many memories of coming up in that situation. idk, what its like living in a rich environment. i mean i assume its cool too LOL different memories.

Originally Posted by Nash

From Crenshaw district in South Central. Not super hood but you definitely learn how to mind your Ps and Qs. It kind of came as a shock to me when I made white friends on the west side and saw that they walk around their neighborhoods freely at night, walking dogs and what not.
I'm from South Central as well and you're right, you just got to watch what you say and keep your eyes and ears open in the late night/early morning.

AntonLaVey wrote:
Hood chinese food>>>>>>>>>
You ain't lying. Some of the most delicious food that's so bad for you.
laugh.gif

Orange Chicken
pimp.gif

burgundyaltima wrote:
Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

It's not as bad as the media makes it to be, it actually helps you build character and integrity in today's society.

You definitely learn to appreciate things a lot more when you come from there.

Originally Posted by Nash

From Crenshaw district in South Central. Not super hood but you definitely learn how to mind your Ps and Qs. It kind of came as a shock to me when I made white friends on the west side and saw that they walk around their neighborhoods freely at night, walking dogs and what not.
I'm from South Central as well and you're right, you just got to watch what you say and keep your eyes and ears open in the late night/early morning.

AntonLaVey wrote:
Hood chinese food>>>>>>>>>
You ain't lying. Some of the most delicious food that's so bad for you.
laugh.gif

Orange Chicken
pimp.gif

burgundyaltima wrote:
Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

It's not as bad as the media makes it to be, it actually helps you build character and integrity in today's society.

You definitely learn to appreciate things a lot more when you come from there.

^^^hood chinese food an hood food in general is a public health issue.....but a lot of it is crack
eek.gif
(pun intended)

^^^hood chinese food an hood food in general is a public health issue.....but a lot of it is crack
eek.gif
(pun intended)

You do what you have to do to get by. Toronto isn't taken super seriously as a bad city, but it does get rough in certain areas. Just looked at the date too, 5 years ago today I thankfully left most of that hood stuff behind (mentally). Near death experiences (ie. getting stabbed 2 dozen time) will do that to someone. Feels Good tho in retrospect.

You do what you have to do to get by. Toronto isn't taken super seriously as a bad city, but it does get rough in certain areas. Just looked at the date too, 5 years ago today I thankfully left most of that hood stuff behind (mentally). Near death experiences (ie. getting stabbed 2 dozen time) will do that to someone. Feels Good tho in retrospect.

i grew up in the hood...

alot of stuff goes on, good and bad...

if u stay away from all the bad stuff and mind ur own business, then its all g...

ya gota know that not everybody in the hood is about that life. they just happen to not be financially able to move to a better neighborhood. there are alot of hard working folks in the hood.

the media just helps magnify all the negatives in the hood...

i grew up in the hood...

alot of stuff goes on, good and bad...

if u stay away from all the bad stuff and mind ur own business, then its all g...

ya gota know that not everybody in the hood is about that life. they just happen to not be financially able to move to a better neighborhood. there are alot of hard working folks in the hood.

the media just helps magnify all the negatives in the hood...

man i always wonder why if u from the hood u glorify all the crimes and such around u?

like saying yea im from such and such and we got murders and drug dealers and blah blah blah...

does that make u cool if u know them? does it make u about that life? does that get u respect points?

man i always wonder why if u from the hood u glorify all the crimes and such around u?

like saying yea im from such and such and we got murders and drug dealers and blah blah blah...

does that make u cool if u know them? does it make u about that life? does that get u respect points?

Originally Posted by biff lawson

i grew up in hood Harlem Queens (before the sell out stuff) and its pretty much nothing...just learn to stay on your toes from an early age

Back
Top Bottom