nt'ers who don't drink/smoke/do any drugs

I've been straight edge for about 8 years now. The reason I chose this "lifestyle" was that alcohol, smoking and drugs never appealed to me.There was never that one moment where it hit me "man, I have to try this." I'm 23 now, and I still don't have the slightest amount of wantingto try any of it.

I don't knock anyone who does drink/smoke/blah blah blah. To each his/her own, it's your life and as long as you don't kill someone in my family orfriends (drunk driving) then by all means knock yourself out.

Ya, and if there is a team straight edge, hit me up.

I have a filthy Black & Mild habit that serves me no good anymore. It has definitely gotten to the point where I no longer smoking them, which I see as agood thing.

To say I would have missed out had I not started smoking in the first place would be a stretch, but there was something really laid back about kickin' itwith my crew back in the day at teh beach enjoying a brewsky and a black, so unless I get cancer, I won't regret it.

Originally Posted by CLuTcH 713

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

Never have...never had the desire to. And I def don't feel like im missing out on anything.
I feel the same way.
Same, people I be with mostly everyday smoke and drink and I have just as much fun without doing neither... What bothers me the most is that themajority of the people do it to fit in with their friends and their surroundings... The reason I can tell is that they dont do it by themselves... If you doit by yourself, then I have no reason to hate
smile.gif

I'm 19 and have never smoked or drank...messed up family members made me steer away from anything like that...not sayin all get like that but i justdecided to never take a chance

Originally Posted by xDOEBOIx

Same, people I be with mostly everyday smoke and drink and I have just as much fun without doing neither... What bothers me the most is that the majority of the people do it to fit in with their friends and their surroundings... The reason I can tell is that they dont do it by themselves... If you do it by yourself, then I have no reason to hate
smile.gif

Buddy, nobody smokes buddha or drinks alone. Now, that becomes a problem when they do,
laugh.gif
. I mean, they can but it's mainly a social thingand there's nothing wrong with that.

Originally Posted by Lil Cao

Originally Posted by xDOEBOIx

Same, people I be with mostly everyday smoke and drink and I have just as much fun without doing neither... What bothers me the most is that the majority of the people do it to fit in with their friends and their surroundings... The reason I can tell is that they dont do it by themselves... If you do it by yourself, then I have no reason to hate
smile.gif
Buddy, nobody smokes buddha or drinks alone. Now, that becomes a problem when they do,
laugh.gif
. I mean, they can but it's mainly a social thing and there's nothing wrong with that.

I know plenty of people who smoke and drink by themselves... It's just something they enjoy doing all the time regarding the circumstances...Its not like when people are with their friends and they be like oh I should drink or smoke so I can fit in with them and not be the outcast of the group...

Wait so dudes actually think there's nothing wrong with weed/alcohol?

Yeah that's usually the mentality of alchys/potheads
laugh.gif

I need to stop smoking cigarettes. I smoke weed every day though, that's something I can't stop..it just helps me get through life every day. Alcoholis rare anyway, probably 2 times a month.

I do %#%@ like that rarely, I actually did weed the over day for the first time in like 5 years. I rlly don't feel like I'm missing out by not doingany of that. When I did it I felt mad stupid

I don't drink, smoke, or do any drugs
smile.gif
. They just never appealed tome and most high schoolers at my school do it because they
think it's the cool thing to do
smh.gif
. Honestly, I sometimes feel left out whenmy friends are like "Ay let's go smoke a jay." Then I'm like
"Nah man I don't do that $#%&"
ohwell.gif
. But I just findother things to do like sports instead of just sitting around wasting money on unnecessary $&@#.

weed is better for you than alcohol isnt it?

alcohol is just terrible for the body, literally poison

edit: lol Joe a funny dude..........u make sense to me though. i dont ever get sick btw. allergies early april, cant help that.

DRINKING IS BAD PERIOD

DONT MESS WITH IT

ITS A REASON WHY WATER WAS PUT HERE

EVERYTHING ELSE IS MAN-MADE

I HAD FAMS DEAD CAUSE OF DRINKIN TO MUCH

IT SUCKS TO SEE YA AUNT IN THE BED LOOKING YELLOW LIKE LISA SIMPSON ALL CAUSE OF DRINKIN & TO DIE

BUT LOOK IF YOU SMOKE WEED

DONT USE DUTCHES,GAR, & ALL THAT TABACO LEAF

THATS REALLY BAD FOR YOU

ITS A REASON WHY AMSTERDAM HAS IT ILLEGAL TO SMOKE TABCO BLUNT WRAPS

IN AMERICA THEY PROMO THE USE OF " BLUNTS & GAR "

CAUSE WE GOT PEOPLE WHO DONT SMOKE CIGS A DAY IN THEY LIFE BUT SMOKE 10 GRAPE DUTCHES A DAY
FULL OF WEED

THAT IS BACKWARDS

THATS WHY AMERICA DOESNT CARE THEY KNOW U GOING TO KILL YA SELF OFF THE WEED

IF YOU KEEP SMOKING THOSE DUTCHES , SIWSHERS & ETC

THATS WHY WE GOT CLEAR WRAPS, WHITE BOYS TO ROLL WITH

EVEN BONGS ARE BETTER & GET UR HIGHER YESS!

VAPORS IS PERFECT ALSO

JUST STAY AWAY FROM BACKWOODS & DUTCHES ALL THAT

PLUS IT KILLS THE THC OUT THE WEED & MAKES IT LESS STRONG

& AT THE SAME TIME GIVE U HEAD RUSHES WHICH U THINK IS THE HIGH SMH ...LOL

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

Originally Posted by SWOBOYdeHTEEZY

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

Never have...never had the desire to. And I def don't feel like im missing out on anything.
This, plus I'm an athlete.
I'm not going to pursue any attempts to prove this or post pics, but I almost guarantee I'm a better athlete than 99% of NT. In strength, vertical leap, speed, and most importantly skill.

How is the general population still oblivious of the fact that most of our professional athletes use drugs recreationally?
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Just to play devil's advocate: It certainly wouldn't[/color] [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]help[/color] [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]dude's goal of being the best athlete if he did those things.[/color]

As for me, I'm an athlete, and (I'd say) a highly-moral person that was raised by very strict parents. I like the feelings that come about through the ingestion of alcohol and drugs, but the taste of most alcohol prevents me from drinking and the cost of most drugs prevents me from using heavily/frequently.

If it's just not you, that's fine. But, I don't see the argument against the feelings that alcohol/drugs bring about.
Neither would at least half of all other activities he does not pertaining his sport (IE, watch tv, eating pizza, drinking soda, playing boardgames, spending money on movies, studying for school.

The assumption I made from your argument is, if something doesn't necessarily help you become better at your sport, that something should be abstained from? Am I correct?

I sincerely am not trying to tell anyone how they should live their lives. Just challenging the arguments put forward.
Assuming he's a student-athlete, studying for school is necessary. Smoking (which is definitely detrimental to your lungs) and drinking (notbad in moderation) aren't.

While pizza and sodas aren't the healthiest options on the planet, they do have nutrients that are used by the body-- no problem there.

I suppose you could make the argument that resting is crucial to an athlete, which would cover the TV, movies, and board games.

My point is, while those things that you listed may not be necessary (aside from studying for school), they, at the very least, don't hurt his athletic ability.

Smoking does. I couldn't make the same argument for alcohol (in moderation), but I'll assume that he has his own reason(s).

I do both, but I can see myself cutting out drinking very soon.

I honestly don't like it. I hate the way I feel when I get hammered.

Now
pimp.gif
on the other hand.

I could smoke all day and not feel like a #%*!+$!.

Bongs FTW.

I left smoking alone....waste of money. Still sip something here and there but as I am getting older I noticed that I am slowing down...tho I have a fresh halfgallon jug of Brugal on the nightstand

um not old enough to drink and not a big fan of being arrested, Not doing drugs got a fear of needles.
but probably will end up drinking

Back
Top Bottom