NYPD Arrests a Man Over a Joke

i hate those %#*%$%
30t6p3b.gif

I see a whole lot of unjustified hate on cops in this thread
laugh.gif

dude was disorderly. then uncooperative. Thats when you get those cuffs put on you.

Once cops tell you to keep it movin, thats what you do! Dude wanted to mouth off and got arrested.

Think before you speak.

laugh.gif

dude was disorderly. then uncooperative. Thats when you get those cuffs put on you.

Once cops tell you to keep it movin, thats what you do! Dude wanted to mouth off and got arrested.

Think before you speak.

As of February 2011, there is no U.S. federal law requiring that an individual identify herself during a Terry stop, but Hiibel held that states may enact such laws,[20] and 24 states have done so.[21] The opinion in Hiibel implied that persons detained by police in jurisdictions with “stop and identify

As of February 2011, there is no U.S. federal law requiring that an individual identify herself during a Terry stop, but Hiibel held that states may enact such laws,[20] and 24 states have done so.[21] The opinion in Hiibel implied that persons detained by police in jurisdictions with “stop and identify

Originally Posted by sn00pee

laugh.gif

Think before you speak.
YOU MUST BE A COP OR KNOW A FEW COPS ...
I HATE COPS THAT ACT AS IF THAT BADGE AND THE OTHER 15 OTHER COPS AROUND THEM MAKES THEIR PENISES ANY BIGGER... 

SON WASNT EVEN SPEAKING TO THE COPS HE WAS JOKING WITH BUDDY ON THE BIKE.. THE COP STARTED THE CONVERSATION WITH SON.. YOUR A CLOWN. 

laugh.gif

Think before you speak.
I HATE COPS THAT ACT AS IF THAT BADGE AND THE OTHER 15 OTHER COPS AROUND THEM MAKES THEIR PENISES ANY BIGGER... 

SON WASNT EVEN SPEAKING TO THE COPS HE WAS JOKING WITH BUDDY ON THE BIKE.. THE COP STARTED THE CONVERSATION WITH SON.. YOUR A CLOWN. 

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by scribble253

Disorderly Conduct

New York Penal Code 240.20 Disorder Conduct

Code:
240.20 Disorderly conduct.    A  person  is  guilty of disorderly conduct when, with intent to cause  public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a  risk  thereof:    1.  He  engages  in  fighting or in violent, tumultuous or threatening  behavior; or    2. He makes unreasonable noise; or    3. In a public place, he uses abusive or obscene language, or makes an  obscene gesture; or    4. Without lawful  authority,  he  disturbs  any  lawful  assembly  or  meeting of persons; or    5. He obstructs vehicular or pedestrian traffic; or    6.  He congregates with other persons in a public place and refuses to  comply with a lawful order of the police to disperse; or    7. He creates a hazardous or physically offensive condition by any act  which serves no legitimate purpose.    Disorderly conduct is a violation.
A

I read that twice. How does any of it relate to what the dude did?
thats the beauty of a broad statute like this man.
A(2) it can be said yelling in the street for a joke or to refuse giving up your id is unreasonable.

A(3) the policy were lawfully meeting with the man on the bike to issue a citation, the joker disturbed (nice and broad) them.

A(7) walking away from an officer when he is talking to you might make the officer believe you are going for a stashed pistol(easily arguable on the mean streets of NYC) and when an officer says stop, wandering around if not going for a pistol/weapon serves no purpose...

laugh.gif

Think before you speak.
this guy is right
its not wise to answer a cop back its there word against yours and there cop buddies will always back them up 

take it from me 

i know both sides of the fence

as i know a few cops and a NYPD Detective who's a good friend 

Originally Posted by devildog1776

laugh.gif

Think before you speak.

Settle down.

although i think the whole situation was silly

laugh.gif

Think before you speak.

Settle down.

although i think the whole situation was silly

laugh.gif

Think before you speak.
this guy is right
its not wise to answer a cop back its there word against yours and there cop buddies will always back them up 

take it from me 

i know both sides of the fence

as i know a few cops and a NYPD Detective who's a good friend 

Disorderly Conduct

Code:
240.20 Disorderly conduct.    A  person  is  guilty of disorderly conduct when, with intent to cause  public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a  risk  thereof:    1.  He  engages  in  fighting or in violent, tumultuous or threatening  behavior; or    2. He makes unreasonable noise; or    3. In a public place, he uses abusive or obscene language, or makes an  obscene gesture; or    4. Without lawful  authority,  he  disturbs  any  lawful  assembly  or  meeting of persons; or    5. He obstructs vehicular or pedestrian traffic; or    6.  He congregates with other persons in a public place and refuses to  comply with a lawful order of the police to disperse; or    7. He creates a hazardous or physically offensive condition by any act  which serves no legitimate purpose.    Disorderly conduct is a violation.
A

thats the beauty of a broad statute like this man.
A(2) it can be said yelling in the street for a joke or to refuse giving up your id is unreasonable.

A(3) the policy were lawfully meeting with the man on the bike to issue a citation, the joker disturbed (nice and broad) them.

A(7) walking away from an officer when he is talking to you might make the officer believe you are going for a stashed pistol(easily arguable on the mean streets of NYC) and when an officer says stop, wandering around if not going for a pistol/weapon serves no purpose...

NYPD = corruption. that was some petty $@@!.  the bad thing about this is, he probably also got charged for resisting arrest.

NYPD = corruption. that was some petty $@@!.  the bad thing about this is, he probably also got charged for resisting arrest.

laugh.gif

Think before you speak.

laugh.gif
This is the type of dude that gets arrested at these routine traffic stops.

laugh.gif

Think before you speak.

laugh.gif
This is the type of dude that gets arrested at these routine traffic stops.

Know what terrifies me?  I just sit and shake my head when I think about it.  At the end of American Gangster with Denzel Washington the screen reads.... "90% of the NYPD Narcotics Squad were arrested".
90% of them were dirty?  They are supposed to protect us while we pay there salaries.  Thats just absolutely scary.  If you really sit and think about it, its incredibly scary.

Know what terrifies me?  I just sit and shake my head when I think about it.  At the end of American Gangster with Denzel Washington the screen reads.... "90% of the NYPD Narcotics Squad were arrested".
90% of them were dirty?  They are supposed to protect us while we pay there salaries.  Thats just absolutely scary.  If you really sit and think about it, its incredibly scary.

Originally Posted by Mr718

Disorderly Conduct

Code:
A

This.

And also, Disorderly conduct is a violation, NOT a crime.  You cannot get arrested for disorderly conduct.  Summons and go about your business.

Dis con is a catch all, you bet you can be arrested for it
laugh.gif
just charged w a violation instead of a crime

Originally Posted by Mr718

Disorderly Conduct

Code:
A

This.

And also, Disorderly conduct is a violation, NOT a crime.  You cannot get arrested for disorderly conduct.  Summons and go about your business.

Dis con is a catch all, you bet you can be arrested for it
laugh.gif
just charged w a violation instead of a crime

Sure, the man could have immediately apologized, handed over his ID, got down on his knees... whatever else to stroke the cops ego and avoid what happened. Every idiot knows this, and also knows how the laws are twisted/ignored to justify any officers actions. That's not the point of this thread.

The point is how much of a waste of time/money/resources these kinds of things are. We got dudes with a badge and gun running around acting like 2nd graders with a god-complex over petty non-incidents. We don't need 3+ squad cars and ~8 officers to respond to a guy riding his bike on the street and another guy cracking a joke about it, only to arrest him... and waste even more time/resources. I don't know about you, but I get very angry knowing I'm paying for this. 

also
laugh.gif
@ the cops ignoring the dude stoned/drunk across the street.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 @ the surround at 2:35. 

Back
Top Bottom