OFFICIAL 2011-2012 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS SEASON THREAD (Its a wrap. Great season ends)

I say we trade/waive anyone not named Blake, DeAndre & Chris. I expect Olshey to be busy as heck next Thursday. That hole at SG is getting bigger and bigger.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Caron = Gomes 2.0
sick.gif
Its the sad truth right now.  And its so disappointing because he was playing like an all-star to begin the season.  He's really the main reason we're only playing .500 ball right now.  Sure, Foye is erratic, but if Caron was still putting up at least 15 a game and was a consistent threat from 3, I know we would have won at least a few the games we've dropped recently, considering most of them have been close.  I don't know what the deal is with him, but he seems to have totally lost confidence in his shot.  If he get's right, we should get back to playing more like .700 ball.

And we better win tomorrow to at least salvage .500 on this trip because I have serious doubts we'll be able to go into San Antonio on the last game of a 6 game trip and pull out a W.      

This !%%+ makes me wish VDN would start Simmons over Butler for the next few games. Unbelievable how unmotivated he is right now.

Man if Caron don't get it together!!!!!! He has no confidence at all. U can see it, all in his body language. Simmons is putting in great minutes for us. I just want him to be a little more aggressive. Maybe he feels it not his place to shoot as much but he needs to. I'm ready for a trade. We need a 2 guard bad. I personally not a fan of Jamal but he does hit open shots and he can CREATE his own shot but to me he's a volume shooter, which in a sense Mo is too but Mo has to because nobody else on the bench is consistent. Foye is doing a good job but I like him with the second unit better, it make a second unit that much better.

Oshley needs to get Gomes as far away as possible, just the sight of that guy makes me cringe.

I say go after Ray first, then if that fails go after Jamal, hell go after OJ Mayo. I this.k OJ would fit well with out squad. If Odom is available loon at him too but Dallas wants too much.

^^^ Yeah, I still think the team will make the playoffs as currently constructed, but if we want to get out of the first round, we definitely need to add a wing. Do it Neil.

We will definitely make the playoffs. Hopefully we improve and we are the team that eliminates the Lakers in the second round. Sorry I just hate that team lolz.

Originally Posted by djkaos23

We will definitely make the playoffs. Hopefully we improve and we are the team that eliminates the Lakers in the second round. Sorry I just hate that team lolz.

I second that I hate the Lakers with a passion.

But we need to make a move we are struggling. We have a good core to make the playoffs but are chances for a title are slim to none right now but we are two players away in my humble opinion.

I think we're one legit sg & one backup wing from being great. I like the idea of keeping Simmons around for the rest of the season and increasing Bledsoe's PT especially if we deal Gomes and MoGotti. Believe it or not I think a combo of J-Craw/Beasley or Allen/Odom would almost guarantee a 3rd Rd matchup with OKC in the WCF. In Olshey We Trust
happy.gif

I wouldn't count on Odumb doing ANYTHING this season.
Dwight howard is the key to get all the trades started though. And the way it looks now, he might stay in Orlando

Hands down the dumbest team in the NBA.

Why were we double-teaming DWILL at halfcourt with 5 seconds left and leaving an open 3pt shooter?

laugh.gif
I have free tickets in the 100 section vs the Warriors but I'm thinking I'm just gonna give them to my brother and work the game instead.

Not just talking about the Last play. Let's make a little list of the stupidity withing the last few losses.
-Gomes inbound vs SA.

-Blake foul with .01 left on the shotclock vs PHX

-Blake and Kmart techs at the end of the Minny game.

-Mo Tech tongiht.

-Kmart double-tech.

All EASILY avoidable. It seems like we don't learn from our mistakes. We're constantly making the same type or stupid mistakes that cost us. We're only 3 games up on the 8 seed. So much for home court advantage
30t6p3b.gif

Wouldn't say dumbest. Just didn't rotate in time. I can live with coming back down from 18 and lose by 1 than be up 21 and lose by 5.

Foye shot lights out. And when Humphries fell on Blake's ankle,
indifferent.gif
x
eek.gif
. Damn near had a heart attack!

Hopefully we bounce back and at least end this road trip + .500

I didnt catch the game but damn we are losing some close ones. Good the lakers lost but we are just a playoff team now.

DAMB!!! We had that one. Worked hard to get back and Pretty Riky decides to hit a 27 footer. Hell i prolly coulda hit that being that wide open and catch in shoot all in rhythm. Kenyon or MO should rotated. If they rotated he woulda passed the ball and no time would been left or he woulda forced a bad shot. We HAVE TO WIN this game in San Antonio somehow. I say CP3 should just goes lights out this game, look to score 40 because we NEED a win.

Lets say Caron just flat out stinks it up (Pray to god he get into rhythm soon) from here on out. Do we look into the amnesty with him being he got a hefty contract from us?? (PLEASE GET IT TOGETHER CARON)!!!

^^^ You can't amnesty a player during the season. And I doubt the team would do that.

But I'm pretty salty about that loss last night. I can't believe we came all the way back just to blow it in the final seconds. I mean the one thing you absolutely cannot do if you're up by 2 in that situation is give up an uncontested 3. And that's exactly what happened. Just shows that we're in a slump right now. The CP missed free throw against the Wolves, the Farmar 3 last night . . . those are the kinds of things that happen when things aren't going well.

I expect a loss at SA on Friday, but I'm glad about the long home stand after that. If we're ever going to get the MoJo back, it will be then. I know its a lot of games, but still. A week straight at home can't hurt. Prior to that its been, long trip, a game at home, a game away, game at home, then another long trip. Hard to get a rhythm that way.

Originally Posted by erupt107th

We're only 3 games up on the 8 seed. So much for home court advantage
30t6p3b.gif

sick.gif
 @ these last few single digit/1 pt losses.

Cardiac Arrest Clippers

Originally Posted by lawdog1

^^^ You can't amnesty a player during the season. And I doubt the team would do that.

But I'm pretty salty about that loss last night. I can't believe we came all the way back just to blow it in the final seconds. I mean the one thing you absolutely cannot do if you're up by 2 in that situation is give up an uncontested 3. And that's exactly what happened. Just shows that we're in a slump right now. The CP missed free throw against the Wolves, the Farmar 3 last night . . . those are the kinds of things that happen when things aren't going well.

I expect a loss at SA on Friday, but I'm glad about the long home stand after that. If we're ever going to get the MoJo back, it will be then. I know its a lot of games, but still. A week straight at home can't hurt. Prior to that its been, long trip, a game at home, a game away, game at home, then another long trip. Hard to get a rhythm that way.
I know you cant amnesty a player during the season Lol.. I saying if the Caron situation doesnt work out and he stinks it up should we look into it during the off-season. With some good free agents that will be available next year i would say Im open for it. But I have a good feeling about Caron getting out of his funk and exploding for 25 plus soon. Hopefully tomorrow. We need a 2 guard ASAP tho.

Hey guys, I figured I would post some pics that I took from last night for you guys:

i5oiva.jpg

2dm6ucn.jpg

Deron talking to CP3 -
2gv0b2t.jpg

k3sld.jpg

14cvdjp.jpg

its only a handful of the ones I took. others may be up in the nets thread in a bit.

B.I.N.G.O NIGHT. WHOOOOO!!!!! Man great game. Instant MO!!!! CP3!!!!! Sorry guys but I'm just excited we won this game. Man if Mo can give us this for the majority of what's left we are in a good position. I say we still need to look into some move but if we play like this and can get something from DJ we will make some noise.

If CP3 isn't in MVP talks/considerations something is totally wrong with the NBA.

Good win. Very much needed. Really happy we managed to get to .500 on this trip (not thrilled though, when I think we were on free throw one blown defensive possession from maybet going 5-1). Loved how we got contributions from a lot of guys. Mo was just sick in this one.

6 game homestand and plenty of opportunity to solidify our spot as an elite Western Conference team. I'm praying we go 6-0 but I will gladly take 5-1 or 4-2.

^^^exactly. Im trying to go to the game sunday vs the warriors. I think we gonna blow somebody out. Guys are well rested and feeling good.

Back
Top Bottom