OFFICIAL 2011-2012 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS SEASON THREAD (Its a wrap. Great season ends)

With the Lakers winning today (thanks for the help, Boston, SMH), we have to take the game tonight against GSW. No excuses. Make life hard on Ellis and defend the 3 point shooters and we should be fine. And hopefully DJ remembers last game against the Warriors and tires hard not to let Udoh look like an all-star again. Also, it would be nice if Mo still has the shooting touch that he did against SA. He was unconscious.

I got the day off and will be at the game tonight
pimp.gif

We need to get a winning streak going.

I'm gonna be a few rows behind Clipper Darrell
laugh.gif

I'll try to take pictures for ya'll.

Terrible game last night. Reggie and Bledsoe were great, but everything else was just ugh. I'm starting to get very irritated by the inconsistency. I'm hoping for much better against Boston tonight (I almost think the Cs are a better match up for us than the Warriors because they don't have a lot of 3 point shooters and don't have someone dynamic as Monta). We'll see though.

^^^ We sure need to do something, but what we have going on now clearly isn't working. I don't think the Crawford trade is happening though because I hear Portland won't take Gomes as part of the deal.

I in my humble opinion think we should stay put and just play through this see if Chauncy comes back which I doubt if he doesnt we make a move for Ray Allen.

I trust Neil and I'm sure he'll make a trade if the right deal came along. I don't think the team is desperate enough to make a trade just for the sake of making one. I'm still confident in the team as it is now, I'm sure they'll figure things out and turn things around.

As much as I like Bledsoe and I really think he's going to be a good player, I wouldn't mind trading him for Crawford as long as Portland also takes Gomes. The Clips needs to do whatever it takes to keep CP3 here long term and if they're able to do that, Bledsoe will never reach his full potential playing behind him. Even if Crawford is only a rental and he opts out in the summer, his and Gomes' salary will come off the books which will give the team $9M in cap space to go after other players.

Asked this in the NBA season thread, but received no answer...

Why aren't the clips playing Jordan in the 2nd half? I've watched a lot of clipper games this year, and after Martin signed with the team, Jordan's minutes have literally been cut in half. He plays the first 4-5 minutes of the 1st and 2nd half, but that's it.

Early foul trouble, VDN's lack of faith in his defensive prowess and ability to box out opposing bigs towards the end of close games. This being my personal observation of DJ game after game. I'm sure other Clipper Nation heads can add something further.

Yeah DJ gets himself in foul trouble. He tries to block EVERYTHING when he can just raise his hands on some plays, his free throw shooting hasn't improved that much so he's a liability in close games. Also like to add on to what mjshoefanatic just said, VDN isn't really showing confidence in DJ either. We don't even post DJ up to see if he has improved on the low block. It's like he's being told to roam and look for lobs which ain't bad but he has to have some other type of impact offensively.

Nice win tonight . . . finally. The bench was great. Mo was on fire and Bledsoe really changed the game with his defense and energy. And Reggie was Reggie -- rebounding machine. Nice that we got a relatively easy win without our starters playing heavy minutes. I know ATL was on the last game of six game trip, but I'm still encouraged by this game. The body language and energy just looked a lot better. Hopefully, we keep it going against PHX tomorrow.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

we owe those PHX female dawgs one!
devil.gif
That's for sure.  That last loss them was awful.  If BG steps and plays better and the team does a better job adjusting to Hill guarding CP, we should be fine.  And as always, DEFEND THE 3.  If I see Dudley and Frye repeatedly getting open looks from 3, I'm going to be pissed. 

As part of three-team deal, Nene & future round pick (from CLippers) goes to the Wizards, JaVale McGee to Denver and Nick Young to Clippers, sources tell Y! Sports

Originally Posted by RFX45

As part of three-team deal, Nene & future round pick (from CLippers) goes to the Wizards, JaVale McGee to Denver and Nick Young to Clippers, sources tell Y! Sports

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.  Great deal, especially considering the price.  Bravo, Neill Olshey.  Well played. 

Nick Young back in LA? Niiiccceee....  When you think about it, he's exactly what we need at the moment.

Wow, props to Olshey... I was just hoping that we didn't give up Bledsoe.  I was definitely happy to find out that all we gave up was Cook and a 2nd rounder.

I like the fact that we acquired Young without losing depth at both guard positions all while making our bench even deeper now since Foye can go back there. Cook was garbage and that pick aint #$%+!! 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Great moves by the Clips hopefully we can take the Pacific. Cant believe the Fakers traded Fish away.

Back
Top Bottom