Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was one of the biggest critics of LeBron for so many years and constantly cited his lack of toughness and killer instinct, but all of that went out the window last year against GSW.

Even though he's only 3-4 in the Finals, he could legit still end up 5-4 or 6-4 before it's all said and done. At that point, if it happens, he'll be in the conversation with Mike, Magic, and Kobe (if he isn't already).

****** was really out here slandering Lebron for is "lack of a clutch gene" when he was hitting game winners on Washington in the playoffs and carrying the cavs through an all time great pistons team in route to the finals haha that's crazy. It was wild then and it's even dumber now.

bron was on the slander bus on the first stint? i dont remember hating on him before he bounced. maybe i did, idr. probably didnt pay attention to him much since the winners were winning and he was out here crab dribbling with wally szerbiak

Anybody remember back in the 1993 WCF, Barkley's Suns vs GP and Kemp's Sonics, when Barkley had 45 points, 15 rebounds, 10 dimes in a Game 5 win with the series tied 2-2, then a few days later had 44 pts and 24 rebounds to seal Game 7 to set up a Finals matchup with MJ and the Bulls. Another one of the best playoff performances of all time in the clutch.

And this was in the 90s when teams actually played real-life, tough, no holds-barred-hard-nosed-you-better-not-come-in-the-lane-wit-that-soft-**** defense.

Last edited:
Only seen this from Bean in 06 man...that was gawd mode. 

Try watching more basketball

Comparing regular season games to playoff moments, Steph probably outdid this **** mulitple time within the last 2 years in the regular season.

my gawd, i forget this dude dragged a team that had larry hughes and drew gooden as starters to the damn finals. forget a finals mvp, this dude deserves a nobel prize for turning trash into gold.

unforunately, i can't stand this man and all his ******* floppin now.

I was one of the biggest critics of LeBron for so many years and constantly cited his lack of toughness and killer instinct, but all of that went out the window last year against GSW.

Even though he's only 3-4 in the Finals, he could legit still end up 5-4 or 6-4 before it's all said and done. At that point, if it happens, he'll be in the conversation with Mike, Magic, and Kobe (if he isn't already).

ooohhh ****, thread is about to pop off now. thank god it's late at night and not midday.

dawg he had a game against milwaukee, dude blacked out. was pulling from 35 for no damn reason back to back to back..wetting everything.

Vividly remember this. Legit used to study the uncut version on YouTube :lol:. Had me in the backyard working on my shot trying to make it as effortless as Bron made it look. Just further reinforces how stupid it was for pop to leave him wide open in the finals

OKC maybe, but they still were in that Game 7 at the end and that was in Oracle. GS was up the majority of the game and just went ice cold at the end. 

No, you're not understanding the the discouragement of psychologically knowing you're about to blow a 3-1 lead. And on top of that, being at home and potentially losing was a lot of pressure.

When you have such a controlling lead to only see it slip away can be very discouraging and ***** with your mind.

Lebron (3-4 Finals record)

L vs Duncan/Parker/Ginobili Spurs

L vs Dirk/Kidd/Chandler Mavs

W vs Durant/Westbrook Thunder

W vs Duncan/Leonard/Parker Spurs

L vs Duncan/Leonard/Parker Spurs

L vs Curry/Klay/Draymond Warriors

W vs Curry/Klay/Draymond Warriors

Kobe (5-2 Finals record)

W vs Miller/Rose/Jackson Pacers

W vs Iverson Sixers

W vs Kidd/Martin/Jefferson Nets

L vs Sheed/Billups/Hamilton Pistons

L vs Pierce/KG/Allen/Rondo Celtics

W vs Howard/Turkoglu/Lewis Magic

W vs Pierce/KG/Sheed/Allen/Rondo Celtics

Magic (5-4 Finals record)

W vs Erving/Cheeks/Dawkins Sixers

W vs Toney/Erving/Cheeks Sixers

L vs Malone/Erving/Toney/Cheeks Sixers

L vs Bird/Parish/McHale Celtics

W vs Bird/Parish/McHale Celtics

W vs Bad Boys Pistons

L vs Bad Boys Pistons

L vs Jordan/Pippen Bulls

Jordan (6-0 Finals record)

W vs Magic/Worthy/Perkins Lakers

W vs Drexler/Porter/Kersey Blazers

W vs Barkley/K.J./Majerle Suns

W vs Payton/Kemp/Hawkins Sonics

W vs Malone/Stockton/Hornacek Jazz

Magic Johnson without question played the toughest opponents in the Finals among the 4 all time greats. Kobe had the least toughest opponents imo. Lebron and Jordan's opponents were somewhere in the middle but maybe a slight edge to Lebron for having tougher Finals opponents than the teams Jordan faced but it's debatable.

Last edited:
Game 6 in the 2012 ECF was the closets MJ performance he's ever had. Never seen LeBron work so well in the perimeter before or after.

LeBron has faced some TOUGH Finals opponents, minus the Thunder of course. But no one is talking about his easy routes through the East, especially recently.

Game 6 in the 2012 ECF was the closets MJ performance he's ever had. Never seen LeBron work so well in the perimeter before or after.

LeBron has faced some TOUGH Finals opponents, minus the Thunder of course. But no one is talking about his easy routes through the East, especially recently.

That game 6 along with the one against Detroit where he scored the final 25 points

No, you're not understanding the the discouragement of psychologically knowing you're about to blow a 3-1 lead. And on top of that, being at home and potentially losing was a lot of pressure.

When you have such a controlling lead to only see it slip away can be very discouraging and ***** with your mind.

You're still not making sense. Them having their hearts snatched would have meant they didn't show up for Game 7 at all and got ran out of the gym. Plus they were at home unlike OKC but both teams competed and had opportunities to win.

HBO and The Ringer's Bill Simmons brings on author Chuck Klosterman to discuss Kobe's storytelling in 'Musecage' (5:00), the Westbrook-Harden MVP race (15:00), Oklahoma City's talent disparity (22:00), the obsession with the triple-double (28:00), Devin Booker's 70-point outing (32:00), Carmelo's legacy (48:00), Gonzaga's mid-major dominance (1:00:00), the Final Four (1:12:00), and Kentucky's perfected recruiting pitch (1:16:00).

‘Chuck Klosterman on NBA MVP, Kobe's 'Musecage,' and March Madness (Ep. 193)’ on #SoundCloud #np

Might be late, but did anyone catch the Real Sports story about Juan Dixon :wow:

My mind was blown.

Summed up, everyone knows the story of his struggles growing up. Lost both his parents and his older brother, Phil, ended up raising him.

Turns out, his mom had a fling and his real dad was still living in Baltimore. Juan had no clue.

Phil turned his back on Juan once his real dad entered the picture.

There's a lot more to it, but it was a crazy development...

He can have a spectacular season, he'll still be fishing in a week and a half. 

Hope he rots in Dallas. 

#neverforget

this. f harrison barnes for life b.

tenor.gif

F GSW

LeBron when told Boston passed the Cavs in the standings tonight, "That's fine."
 Record of Top-5 Teams Against Each Other This Season
Spurs      9-1
Cavs       4-5
Rockets  4-6
Warriors  3-5
Celtics    3-6

Last edited:
Might be late, but did anyone catch the Real Sports story about Juan Dixon :wow:

My mind was blown.

Summed up, everyone knows the story of his struggles growing up. Lost both his parents and his older brother, Phil, ended up raising him.

Turns out, his mom had a fling and his real dad was still living in Baltimore. Juan had no clue.

Man what? Link to story? Juan from around my way. My bro went to school with him and his ppls.

Crazy

My mind was blown.

Man what? Link to story? Juan from around my way. My bro went to school with him and his ppls.

Crazy

Juan Dixon’s improbable reunion with his biological father featured on HBO’s ‘Real Sports’

Lebron (3-4 Finals record)
L vs Duncan/Parker/Ginobili Spurs
L vs Dirk/Kidd/Chandler Mavs
W vs Durant/Westbrook Thunder
W vs Duncan/Leonard/Parker Spurs
L vs Duncan/Leonard/Parker Spurs
L vs Curry/Klay/Draymond Warriors
W vs Curry/Klay/Draymond Warriors

Kobe (5-2 Finals record)
W vs Miller/Rose/Jackson Pacers
W vs Iverson Sixers
W vs Kidd/Martin/Jefferson Nets
L vs Sheed/Billups/Hamilton Pistons
L vs Pierce/KG/Allen/Rondo Celtics
W vs Howard/Turkoglu/Lewis Magic
W vs Pierce/KG/Sheed/Allen/Rondo Celtics

Magic (5-4 Finals record)
W vs Erving/Cheeks/Dawkins Sixers
W vs Toney/Erving/Cheeks Sixers
L vs Malone/Erving/Toney/Cheeks Sixers
L vs Bird/Parish/McHale Celtics
W vs Bad Boys Pistons
L vs Bad Boys Pistons
L vs Jordan/Pippen Bulls

Jordan (6-0 Finals record)
W vs Magic/Worthy/Perkins Lakers
W vs Drexler/Porter/Kersey Blazers
W vs Barkley/K.J./Majerle Suns
W vs Payton/Kemp/Hawkins Sonics

Magic Johnson without question played the toughest opponents in the Finals among the 4 all time greats. Kobe had the least toughest opponents imo. Lebron and Jordan's opponents were somewhere in the middle but maybe a slight edge to Lebron for having tougher Finals opponents than the teams Jordan faced but it's debatable.

This is debatable, Spurs put up historic finals numbers. Warriors were the only team to win 73 games in a season

Last edited:
I'm laughing that someone listed a 50 year old sheed Wallace on the finals list as if he was important player

Danny Green needs a defensive highlight package from last night. Best game he's played all year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom