Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was dunking too, surprised me a bit tbh

I thought they were being bold by saying he'd be back.. the wanting to watch the world burn in me thought he'd be back and rusty somewhere in the first round

Dude in here bringing up defensive metrics lol. Even advanced stats goober nerds will tell you they're hella flawed. Prime Bron used to get skated by dudes like pg and kawhi, he never had the foot speed to keep up with those types
Paul George?
roll.gif
 Seriously? Game 7 of the 2013 Eastern Conference Finals:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201306030MIA.html

And Kawhi won the Finals MVP while averaging 18 ppg in that series. Pretty much by default as the lessest of all evils, because his team was vastly superior.

And if you want to talk about skated by, check out at 1:15:

Then there's this:

And I have no idea what the hell he's doing here, at the 1:39 mark:

Dude in here bringing up defensive metrics lol. Even advanced stats goober nerds will tell you they're hella flawed. Prime Bron used to get skated by dudes like pg and kawhi, he never had the foot speed to keep up with those types

Paul George? :rofl:  Seriously? Game 7 of the 2013 Eastern Conference Finals:

And Kawhi won the Finals MVP while averaging 18 ppg in that series. Pretty much by default as the lessest of all evils, because his team was vastly superior.

Then there's this:

MJ was trash at d too i found a clip of him getting toasted

Can you also find hundreds of hours worth of data consisting of not one, not two, but three advanced defensive stats to prove that he is an inferior defender?

But hey, that's how it is: You post cold hard facts consisting of numbers assembled over many years and they hit you with a "he got skated on though". Then you post a video of their player getting skated on and they deflect again by referring to a third player getting crossed and a "Was he trash too?" comment.

Can you also find hundreds of hours worth of data consisting of not one, not two, but three advanced defensive stats to prove that he is an inferior defender?

But hey, that's how it is: You post cold hard facts consisting of numbers assembled over many years and they hit you with a "he got skated on though". Then you post a video of their player getting skated on and they deflect again by referring to a third player getting crossed and a "Was he trash too?" comment.

magic-johnson-eating-popcorn.gif

Is the argument here that Kobe wasn't a good defender ever? Or that Bron was great in his own right? Because I'm not sure exactly what's being argued.

Y'all remember Kobes last game against Bron where he went like 11-18 and a good number of the shots were with Lebron as the primary defensive?

All parties need to stop with these stat geek #s man, even the steph squad. We all can see who was good, average and bad defenders. All those ***** are flawed.

You posted all that defensive stat **** with literally no explanation as to why or what they indicate. Yeah, the calculations are "facts" but they are formulas that some people decided should be a measure for good defense and not everyone agrees with that. And there are factors that don't involve the player directly that affect those numbers.
Posting 3 clips of him getting worked is a pretty pathetic followup to copying and pasting **** from Basketball Reference with no personal input on the numbers.

Last edited:

Paul George? :rofl:  Seriously? Game 7 of the 2013 Eastern Conference Finals:

Then there's this:

:lol: i remember watching that beno clip and thinking dude was the truth. that has to be the highlight of beno's strange career

and in the yinka dare clip you posted, you can tell kobe was trynna force him to go towards the baseline and then expecting help defense in the interior.

Last edited:
Man I hear so many Thunder fans talk about how much more exciting this team is, and how much more they like the team this year. I'll take a boring reg. season, with checked out stars over getting 20-pieced by the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom