Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically, unless you pay Beverly, Avery Bradley, Chris Paul, John Wall, Draymond Green, Kawhi, or Gobert your individual defense is irrelevant right now.

there was a time in which tony allen would've been on that list but he just doesn't strike me as being the defender he once was. statistically he's doing better the past two seasons, but after watching him chase around Kings bench warmers, he looks slow AF out there

You keep saying this but it don't happen. :lol:

How are you a good defender when you hide and when you can't hide you get picked on. I'm befuddled.
I just don't care about some nerd #'s. That's never been my thing. I like watching games.

It ain't a fact that Kerr hides him and takes him out? It ain't a fact he gets picked on? We've all seen this ****. :lol:

No it's not a fact but for you, I'll agree. You know since, as a coach, you should not play your best defenders on the opposing teams best scorers if you have the personnel to do so. You should stick to whatever the fans think matchups should be because narratives. It's like y'all don't even try to understand

You keep saying this but it don't happen. :lol:

How are you a good defender when you hide and when you can't hide you get picked on. I'm befuddled.
I just don't care about some nerd #'s. That's never been my thing. I like watching games.

It ain't a fact that Kerr hides him and takes him out? It ain't a fact he gets picked on? We've all seen this ****. :lol:

You KEEP saying this.....and we've BEEN explaining it to you....yet, you won't even attempt to listen :lol: :smh:

See these quotes below....and tell me this doesn't make SENSE. Seriously:

Steph isn't being hidden on D as much as say, he's playing with better defenders on his team. Just like on offense, defense is a team thing

Makes no sense to have steph guard Russ or wall or CP3 and have your best offensive weapon go through a billion PnR's when Livingston iggy klay are all on the same team

Even from the eye test steph more than holds his own 1 on 1 against these PG's defensively. He's long, wirey strong, with solid anticipation skills.

Hiding is what Boston does with Zeke. Going through gymnastics trying to find a matchup that they could live with while he's on the floor.

I have no dog in this fight but u can't be labeled a bad defender getting scored on by kyrie. I would say he's as average as they come on defense but he's surrounded by elite defenders in dray, iggy and sometimes klay so of course other teams are gonna go at the worse of the 4 who happens to be the smallest. He's not great but he's not pitiful either. LeBron is also a average defender unless we talking coming from a blindside to get a block. When it comes to man to man he's steph on defense.

because of his size and stature, not his ability. Be clear. Some matchups defensively are more favorable for shawn livingston. and even when that happened, which was just once, it was only for 1 play.

Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius seriously man. The quotes above don't make sense to you?

Putting Lebron and Steph in the same group of defenders nah that don't sense. Will smoking that fye in Detroit.

What shoeking makes some sense but again the fact is they hide him. You don't have to hide good defenders, it's simple.

Steph's defense is getting a steal. He don't move his feet good, he ain't physical, teams target him.

Last edited:
In his prime, Kobe was a great lockdown defender. Yall let that hate cloud your heart if you want to.

this. always appreciated Kobe's ability to play at 1st team levels on both ends of the court. you gotta be okay with lying to yourself if you're willing to say kobe wasn't a great defender in his prime years.

"We're going to the playoffs, I wish them a nice Summer"

Nurkic dropping the mic on The Real Young Core

http://deadspin.com/jusuf-nurkic-shattered-the-nuggets-playoff-hopes-and-ro-1793751314
Jesus Saves, for real
pimp.gif

Kobe was a perennial playmaker on both sides of the floor..all yall in denial are probly a. Riding steph b. Riding harden c. Going delusional d. All of thr above

This really is the worst thread on S&T.

Thank God I have the Royal's thread to keep me busy for the next few days.

Did I really see dudes in here tryna discount Kobe's defense? Ha ha ha. Bruh had Kyrie on Ls AFTER he tore his achilles. Picked him full court and everything. Stop it.

As long as my main man A.D. makes the All Nba team like a couplr yrs ago im happy.. 28ppg 12rebs 2.2. blocks #theheartofthestreets

Last edited:
We calling Steph a good defender but questioning the Mamba's defense. What is wrong with the world?

You being intellectually dishonest....and tying two unrelated points together.

YOU said Steph Curry was a bad defender etc etc. he's not. We're simply telling you he's average to above average...and the narrative that he's a weak defender that gets "picked on by everybody is not true".

Everybody here can...and should agree that Kobe was once a great defender.

However...after Like 09....he stopped trying on that end...and got progressively worse (as most permitet players do with age)

We calling Steph a good defender but questioning the Mamba's defense. What is wrong with the world?

You being intellectually dishonest....and tying two unrelated points together.

YOU said Steph Curry was a bad defender etc etc. he's not. We're simply telling you he's average to above average...and the narrative that he's a weak defender that gets "picked on by everybody is not true".

Everybody here can...and should agree that Kobe was once a great defender.

However...after Like 09....he stopped trying on that end...and got progressively worse (as most permitet players do with age)

Can I get my troll on just a lil?

Kobe could strap up when he wanted all the way to his last days. Pretty much everybody except steph and KD. No doubt it was selective and there were times were he wouldn't even try and then blame his teammates tho :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
:lol:

Kobe stopped giving a damn on defense night to night after like 2003. When he actually tried, he was really good. It just didn't happen often because he spent most of his energy on offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom