Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say this will be the most "difficult" road Bron has had in a minute. He'll actually have to play in the 2nd round this year.

Man, I don't believe so many of you are counting out a LeBron team. They are just playing possum right now.
agreed. He did that ish last year. Playing like he had lost a step then the playoffs came and he went crazy. Regular season Cavs and playoffs Cavs two different teams. I'll believe it when I see this type of effort in the games that matter. Till then I'm not believing any of the hype that the east is any good.

Last edited:
From what I remember last season Cavs had a rough patch in the middle of the year but were firing on all cylinders for the entire month of March right into the playoffs.

Last edited:
I'm cool with Harden winning but it seems like the Harden fans just don't want Russ to win and rather give it to someone else.

Leonard is 3rd

I believe LeBron can flip that switch come playoff time and Kyrie will get his points but outside of that I'm not sold. I also don't think Boston, Washington or Toronto fear this Cavs team at all.

From what I remember last season Cavs had a rough patch in the middle of the year but were firing on all cylinders for the entire month of March right into the playoffs.

Yep...exact opposite story this year.

I will say this will be the most "difficult" road Bron has had in a minute. He'll actually have to play in the 2nd round this year.
Man, we will have to determine that when the playoffs start or after. I know yall WANT that to be true (especially you), but we will see.

Man, we will have to determine that when the playoffs start or after. I know yall WANT that to be true (especially you), but we will see.
mos Def.

I want it to be true. Nothing would make me happier nba wise this year then LeBron not in the finals but I don't believe it. We've been hearing about fabricated tough East teams for years now.

First the pacers. Then the bulls. Then the hawks and last year the raptors were going to be a "test" for them.

Last edited:
Went to the Bulls game last night. My guy @three00ZeeX hooked it up with dope seats.

Incredible watching LeBron live and up close. Honestly though no one on that team seemed too concerned about the game. Most timeouts I didn't see lue or LeBron talk to any players.

They are gonna turn it up in the playoffs, sweep first round and probably win the next two in 5-6

View media item 2387079
View media item 2387083

Could Washington, Toronto, or Boston end up in the Finals? Sure. However that road goes through Cleveland. Getting past the Cavs in a 7 game series is going to be a dog fight.

GS was "slumping" a few weeks back also. They've now won 9 straight and came back from 22 down last night. Ebbs and flows of the NBA season.

As far as a Wizards/Cavs matchup, I want Kelly Oubre to get the assignment on Kyrie. He's shown the ability to put the clamps on guys like IT, so I'd love to see that matchup. Oubre is turning himself in to one of the better perimeter defenders in the East. Once he can get a better offensive game, he's going to be a dynamic player. Defense is already there.

Eh, I think the 2nd and conference finals go at least 6 games. Not basically a bye like he's had the previous 7 trips until the conference finals. 

See the things that sucks about it is IF the Cavs don't make the Finals, the team that represents the East gonna get thrashed. I just wanna see a good Finals matchup brethren

See the things that sucks about it is IF the Cavs don't make the Finals, the team that represents the East gonna get thrashed. I just wanna see a good Finals matchup brethren
as close as the Final score of the series was. Think Cavs won by like 5 points overrall. Aside from game 7 most games weren't entertaining. It really wasn't a very entertaining finals series
. Mostly blow outs. I want to see someone else win. Best case scenario warriors and Cavs both lose in before the finals. Let someone else win.

Last edited:

How do you know the Cavs wouldn't get thrashed? Golden State, when everyone is healthy, is far and away the best team in the NBA. HUGE gap between them and teams like Cleveland and maybe the SPurs.

Game 5, if Draymond wasn't suspended and Steph was shooting north of 38%, there's a strong possibility that GS wins that series 4-1. Took A LOT to go right for the Cavs to pull off that upset.

Lebby should get to add at least 2 teams to his 50 win defeated graphic before he gets to the finals for probably the first time in his career. 

Eh, I think the 2nd and conference finals go at least 6 games. Not basically a bye like he's had the previous 7 trips until the conference finals. 
You are making these predictions and you don't even know WHO is going to end up where. Cool.

How do you know the Cavs wouldn't get thrashed? Golden State, when everyone is healthy, is far and away the best team in the NBA. HUGE gap between them and teams like Cleveland and maybe the SPurs.

Game 5, if Draymond wasn't suspended and Steph was shooting north of 38%, there's a strong possibility that GS wins that series 4-1. Took A LOT to go right for the Cavs to pull off that upset.

this all may be true, but we can still hope for another GS collapse :smokin

Im always kinda surprised that some people hate LeBron so much that they'd rather see him lose and watch some boring Finals with someone getting swept. That's just realistic. No one in the East can compete with Spurs or Warriors and no LeBron would be the worst from an entertainment standpoint.

I could understand not being mad if LeBron doesnt make the Finals. But rooting for a whack Finals I dont get. I'm rooting for the Warriors for that very reason. I just want the most entertainment period before anything else.

Outside of Kyrie & Lebron, the Cavs aren't good. Kevin Love is washed after all these injuries. In order for the Cavs to repeat and defeat GSW and San Antonio... LeBron has to go for 35+ pts a game and Kyrie has to go for 25+ pts a game in the Finals.

Outside of Kyrie & Lebron, the Cavs aren't good. Kevin Love is washed after all these injuries. In order for the Cavs to repeat and defeat GSW and San Antonio... LeBron has to go for 35+ pts a game and Kyrie has to go for 25+ pts a game in the Finals.

give JR and Love some time...they can be in top game shape by second round
add in korver and you get 5-7 productive minutes from frye and RJ..they can beat GS

however, it's been confirmed that deron williams is completely washed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom