Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im always kinda surprised that some people hate LeBron so much that they'd rather see him lose and watch some boring Finals with someone getting swept. That's just realistic. No one in the East can compete with Spurs or Warriors and no LeBron would be the worst from an entertainment standpoint.

I could understand not being mad if LeBron doesnt make the Finals. But rooting for a whack Finals I dont get. I'm rooting for the Warriors for that very reason. I just want the most entertainment period before anything else.
They are just talking. I don't think they really feel that way to be honest.

How do you know the Cavs wouldn't get thrashed? Golden State, when everyone is healthy, is far and away the best team in the NBA. HUGE gap between them and teams like Cleveland and maybe the SPurs.

Game 5, if Draymond wasn't suspended and Steph was shooting north of 38%, there's a strong possibility that GS wins that series 4-1. Took A LOT to go right for the Cavs to pull off that upset.

this all may be true, but we can still hope for another GS collapse :smokin

There would be nothing better :lol:

Cheers to that...

Im always kinda surprised that some people hate LeBron so much that they'd rather see him lose and watch some boring Finals with someone getting swept. That's just realistic. No one in the East can compete with Spurs or Warriors and no LeBron would be the worst from an entertainment standpoint.

I could understand not being mad if LeBron doesnt make the Finals. But rooting for a whack Finals I dont get. I'm rooting for the Warriors for that very reason. I just want the most entertainment period before anything else.
shouldn't be surprised. People like different ish. In the 00s Spurs vs pistons was a very entertaining finals for me and the casuals hated it.

Last edited:
Spurs/Pistons was one of the worst finals in NBA history. Only surpassed by Spurs/Nets.

Last edited:
Outside of Kyrie & Lebron, the Cavs aren't good. Kevin Love is washed after all these injuries. In order for the Cavs to repeat and defeat GSW and San Antonio... LeBron has to go for 35+ pts a game and Kyrie has to go for 25+ pts a game in the Finals.

How is averaging 19/11 washed? That bamma dropped 39/12 last month vs. the Wizards. Keep sleeping on him.

Spicy *** takes in here :smh:

Spurs/Pistons was one of the worst finals in NBA history. Only surpassed by Spurs/Nets.
lot of lopsided games for sure but I liked it.
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] point is LeBron doesn't have to be in the finals for it to be entertaining. I've seen plenty of entertaining finals without LeBron. I've also seen stinkers with LeBron in the finals .

Last edited:
shouldn't be surprised. People like different ish. In the 00s Spurs vs pistons was a very entertaining finals for me and the casuals hated it.

Id assume the majority watch to be entertained. If someone enjoys watching a team that cant compete in the Finals then I guess i have my answer.

Cavs/Dubs would be what I would want to see but if it's not either of them. Wizards/Rockets or Wizards/Thunder would be my 2nd choice. 

I only want the Cavs or Warriors in the finals if they're playing each other.
Like GS vs Toronto would be extremely boring.

Id assume the majority watch to be entertained. If someone enjoys watching a team that cant compete in the Finals then I guess i have my answer.
majority, casual fans just want a big name. If the celtics and Spurs were truly the two best teams this year and ran through their conferences. People probably would complain and wouldn't watch.

Last edited:
Warriors vs anyone will be entertaining. They're smacking everyone but the Cavs. But the barrage of 3s will be entertaining

like cmon man nobody wanted orlando in the finals in 09.
bron vs melo or bron vs kobe was what it supposed to be.
series would've been more competitive too.

like cmon man nobody wanted orlando in the finals in 09.
bron vs melo or bron vs kobe was what it supposed to be.
series would've been more competitive too.
that Cavs team was garbage. . How would it have been more competitive? That's just speculation.

My point exactly people don't necessarily want the best teams. They want star power.

Last edited:
Blame Mambas for that one.
Wut? Cavs blew that cash twice with the best record in the league. Kobe went there 3 straight times and Bron messed it up. 

I'm so torn on that. Like I gotta blame LeBron for it not happening. You kinda just have to. And they did win 60+games back to back. But they definitely were garbage outside of him.

Like those Cavs teams wouldnt have beaten the Raptors last year I bet. So I also wanna say as one man LeBron could only take Mo Williams so far too. But it was what it was and LeBron didnt get it done.

Last edited:
Dudes are really bigging up seeding because that's historically been the case but how  was Russ going to get a top 3 seed with the squad he has? I don't get that. Who actually thought that the Thunder would make the playoffs in the West after losing a top 2 player in KD and a defensive presence like Serge?

Harden putting up gaudy numbers for sure but his pieces around him are by far better than Westbrook's?

I agree with that earlier statement, Westbrook or Harden or bof. Either way, someone is getting robbed.

I'm so torn on that. Like I gotta blame LeBron for it not happening. And they did win 60+games back to back. But they definitely were garbage outside of him.

Like those Cavs teams wouldnt have beaten the Raptors last year I bet. So I also wanna say as one man LeBron could only take Mo Williams so far too.
This is hard to vouch for. He didn't get them 60+ win seasons by himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom