Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudes are really bigging up seeding because that's historically been the case but how  was Russ going to get a top 3 seed with the squad he has? I don't get that. Who actually thought that the Thunder would make the playoffs in the West after losing a top 2 player in KD and a defensive presence like Serge?

Harden putting up gaudy numbers for sure but his pieces around him are by far better than Westbrook's?

I agree with that earlier statement, Westbrook or Harden or bof. Either way, someone is getting robbed.
ESPN had them 6th on their Summer Forecast: (44-38)

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17131591/2016-summer-forecast-west-standings

Rockets were 8th.

Also funny though for MVP, they had Russ, number 2 behind Bron.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17155333/2016-summer-forecast-most-valuable-player

that Cavs team was garbage. . How would it have been more competitive? That's just speculation.

My point exactly people don't necessarily want the best teams. They want star power.
the cavs were garbage?
they won 66 games and were like one of the best defensive teams lol
and you were telling me I should only talk about recent history :lol:

Last edited:
Even though they didn't win the title that year. That 08-09 Cavs team winning 66 games when you look back at it is pretty impressive when you consider how weak the roster was outside of lebron.

Don't trip about the Cavs. They'll be in the Finals. Adam Make the Call Silver got us all.

Adam%20Silver%20Revised.jpg

Clips should tank for 6th. Team is clicking. Rockets going come down to earth. That's a 3-6 matchup that I'd bet on the Clippers.

Too many variables with THIS rocket team come playof time. Just don't believe in them.
you've been saying this for months though like Houston is gonna fall back down to the pack [emoji]128514[/emoji] Coming down to earth losing games against GSW and Portland without a starter and basically a clinched playoff seed is going down to earth and it's not like they were blown out either

So if Russ averaged a Quadruple Double instead of a Triple Double and OKC finished 7th or 8th, are you still saying he shouldn't win MVP because of the 6-7seed?

@lakersman3000  

Last edited:
Clips should tank for 6th. Team is clicking. Rockets going come down to earth. That's a 3-6 matchup that I'd bet on the Clippers.

Too many variables with THIS rocket team come playof time. Just don't believe in them.
Man I would gladly face Utah over Houston.

Are you serious right now?

WHy do you think Memphis is holding steady at 7 instead of climbing back up those standings................and they get to rest Gasol in the process.

Houston wins tonight and everybody is back on board.

^I'm gonna need Harden to not play tonight and have some of the back end of the roster to get some PT

Im always kinda surprised that some people hate LeBron so much that they'd rather see him lose and watch some boring Finals with someone getting swept. That's just realistic. No one in the East can compete with Spurs or Warriors and no LeBron would be the worst from an entertainment standpoint.

I could understand not being mad if LeBron doesnt make the Finals. But rooting for a whack Finals I dont get. I'm rooting for the Warriors for that very reason. I just want the most entertainment period before anything else.
They are just talking. I don't think they really feel that way to be honest.
If the Cavs lost in the first round I'd be celebrating that night.

chappelle.jpg

Spurs/Pistons was one of the worst finals in NBA history. Only surpassed by Spurs/Nets.

Remember reading somewhere it was the lowest rated finals and the NBA lost $$$ because of that. No matter how bad the Cavs look now, to get the casual audience and just a good draw in general the NBA wants a trilogy of Dubs and Cavs. Almost a half billion dollars was made off of games 5,6,7 last year. You're not going to get a good rating off of any other combo of teams in June.

Man, I don't believe so many of you are counting out a LeBron team. They are just playing possum right now.

It's almost time

this reminds me of the good intro into day 1 of the playoffs that TNT has every year.

Last edited:
The Cavs will find their groove heading to the playoffs. I feel like it's a given. 

Now, if they did continue playing this way and lose in the first round, I'd be shocked.

But of course, money is to be made and Adam Silver will ensure LeBron will be around during the post season.

Do people really believe the NBA will fix games to get the Cavs into the post season?

If so why even watch the NBA or respect the product?

russ stans make me want him to not win.
y'all completely disregard all context when it comes to his stats
Context? 

I never would have thought averaging a Triple Double for a Season would need...context. It's a TD, over 82games. Context, though?
^I'm gonna need Harden to not play tonight and have some of the back end of the roster to get some PT
Don't count on it. 

He wants to play man.

Last night they took his wrist brace off with 5-6minutes left and down 8-10pts, we thought he was done....but nope.....my man made them put him back in....and burned another 7-8 minutes without the brace.

He will play, and hard, and will probably win. It's games like this that you think, GSW @ home, playing well, Houston on b2b, Harden banged up, let me bet on GSW.....and then bam.....Houston pulls it out.

**** is funny like that...point is...Harden is a G, he wants to play and will, no rest for the living.

Last edited:
aye if yall wanna know why the spurs still the 2nd beat in the league its because their chemistry is crazy.

lmao my man said why would you throw a burger at a barbie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom