Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, so scoring matters now? I thought PG was about running the offense?

Chris Paul had 13 assists and 1 turnover. Who you think was getting JJ those looks?
Wall had 8 assists and 6 turnovers

Wall had to be taken off Chris Paul in the 4th quarter. I've seen you get on Curry for being hidden on defense.

Just need some consistancy in what you use to rate PGs. Because if it's scoring and defense is optional then Curry....

So last season when Curry dropped 50 and Wall 40 plus you felt Wall outplayed Curry because of the higher assists. Interesting.

So you must also believe Wall is better then Curry too because of the higher assist numbers and Curry only averages 1 point more then Wall. You took the bait and now I got you.

Thanks for supporting my Wall > Curry narrative.

Yeah CP3 outplayed Wall. I admit that. Now be a man and stand behind your own standards and proclaim Wall is better then Curry. I'll wait...

You may have missed what I did there. I'm using YOUR standards to prove that you change them at a whim to defend Wall. One day PG is all about running an offense and getting assists. The next day, not so much. Just the other day you were saying Wall was better than harden because of Harden's turnovers. Now? Your original rebuttal didn't include the fact that Wall had more turnovers than Harden's season average.

The whole season has been about Wall being better than Curry because he is better All-Around. At the same, you're quick to brush off Harden and Russ both averaging more points, rebounds, and assists. Then you bring up defense l, but your boy Wall doesn't eem guard Chris Paul in the 4th.

You always ask us to be consistent. I just want you to do the same.

This wasn't you baiting me into agreeing with you. This was me knowing how eager you would be to defend Wall and baiting you. You're playing checkers, I'm playing chutes and ladders. We not eem in the same game, cuh.

Last edited:
You may have missed what I did there. I'm using YOUR standards to prove that you change them at a whim to defend Wall. One day PG is all about running an offense and getting assists. The next day, not so much. Just the other day you were saying Wall was better than harden because of Harden's turnovers. Now? Your original rebuttal didn't include the fact that Wall had more turnovers than Harden's season average.

The whole season has been about Wall being better than Curry because he is better All-Around. At the same, you're quick to brush off Harden and Russ both averaging more points, rebounds, and assists. Then you bring up defense l, but your boy Wall doesn't eem guard Chris Paul in the 4th.

This wasn't you baiting me into agreeing with you. This was me knowing how eager you would be to defend Wall and baiting you. You're playing checkers, I'm playing chutes and ladders. We not eem in the same game, cuh.
Now you're just acting like you can't decease 

People still think the Rockets have a shot/the best shot at beating the Warriors? Harden plays like **** against them and he ain't got the pieces to compete with that squad. 5 games max if they play.
Harden has been bad against them this season for whatever reason, but we really do have a good chance.  

We arguably have the deepest team in the West.

If TMac made it, I'd like to see Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway in too. There's a few dudes I would've put in over TMac. Put Sheed in there too.

Sad that the Pacers are actually trying to be in the playoffs but continue to drop in the standings while Chicago shut Wade down and are virtually tied with Indy

Last edited:

So you have no standards. What Wall has done this year has been historic on many levels. The assist streak longest since 89-90. Only the 2nd player in NBA history to average 20-10 and .6 blocks at PG. The other is Magic but Magic did it twice. This is Walls 3rd time doing it. Hasn't been done since 1984.

Wall isn't just better then Harden or Russ on defense. He's leaps and bounds better. All this is lost in the popularity contest that's comparing players. If I give raw stats to compare Wall and Curry I'm wrong. Yet folks can use raw stats against Wall with Harden and Russ.

No consistency. It's hard to remain consistent when people constantly don't. I'm expected to be consistent and others aren't with their arguments. I'm held to a higher standard and I'm flattered by it.

Last edited:
The question of whether or not Dwight / melo will make the hall of fame should never be asked again

I don't think some of you realize NOBODY likes Dwight Howard. This dude is hated by many people that are in the league and cover it. He's underachieved and ever since that last year in Orlando when SVG was trying to get rid of him his career has been basically a mess. Kobe and Nash hated him and wanted him gone, Harden hated him and wanted him gone, now he's on the Hawks and has actually made them worse. He has a ton of individual achievements that he achieved mostly all while he was in Orlando but ever since then it has been a **** show everywhere he's gone. Best believe there's going to be a lot of people that have votes that aren't going to vote him in, especially first ballot.

dwight didn't underachieve. watch basketball and stop feeding into narratives.
y'all let y'all emotions cloud your judgment of a player's ability :lol:

Last edited:
[quote name="Buc Em" url="/t/654406/official-2016-2017-nba-season-thread-westbrook-drops-57-13-11-game-tying-3-tony-parker-is-still-old/70260#post_27841689]

Warriors haters be lurking from the bleachers just waiting for the Warriors to lose ONE game :lol:
as if they only do this with the warriors...
people been saying the cavs might lose in the first round [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Cavs
The Heat
The Lakers

All successful teams got nitpicked. Warriors fans want their team and golden child to be babied forever.[/quote]

:lol: no team is impervious to the nitpicking, especially this gsw team. I'd be lying to myself if i didn't think the KD signing would add more fuel to the warriors' slander. nevertheless, people can use all the excuses and say team full of betas, soft, chokers, wouldn't-have-won-if-kyrieandklove-werent-injured, easy road, wouldn't have won if this was 90s ball, yadi yada yada to make themselves feel better about their own team..at the end of the day, I love it. aint no better feeling as a gsw fan then observing people say "the warriors win streak against bottom feeders is meaningless. They finna get washed this week against okc, houston, spurs, and houston" and then see them dismantle all said opponents

lemme paraphrase, if folx are talkin ****, then you're probably doing something right

View media item 2388344

Gotta show some love for my dude T-Mac getting into the hall first ballot :pimp: :pimp:

Him and Wade are my 2 favorite 2's ever

Last edited:
This dude's love for Wall is making me hope the Wizards get bounced in the first round. And I actually like them too :smh: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom