Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats what u just said. in a discussion about how he doesnt lose his defender like that... u said to reference the finals from last year. so ignore everything we see right now this whole season. refer to the finals instead. a stretch of 7 games. the finals. which went to 7. last year. 7 games. get it?

thats what u just said. in a discussion about how he doesnt lose his defender like that... u said to reference the finals from last year. so ignore everything we see right now this whole season. refer to the finals instead. a stretch of 7 games. the finals. which went to 7. last year. 7 games. get it?
he had a great finals.. Didn't win mvp. And suddenly he's the clutchest player ever[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] chill. You need more then one playoff series to be that.

Last edited:
he had a great finals.. Didn't win mvp. And suddenly he's the clutchest player ever[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] chill. You need more then one playoff series to be that.
not sure who ur sending this to. i said that in response to other dude who is saying kyries handles are as effective as people say cuz he had a crazy finals last year. i on the other hand say he doesnt lose his defender as much as people think usually resulting in a tough layup that he makes 9/10 times.

He's always been underrated

20.7 9.8 4.2

For his career. If it wasn't for Shaq and Kobe he woulda got a ring.

If Chris Webber, a dude who put up those numbers and is unanimously liked by every player and media member around basketball, didn't make it first ballot then I refuse to believe Dwight Howard is making it first ballot.

being good at layups = you can't dribble good enough
That's not what he said at all 
laugh.gif

"Above average"? It's an elite offense which he drives and the team falls to pieces when he gets hurt/isn't on the floor.

I'm not talking about who I would take on my team because that's a totally different argument and health would factor into that, I am simply talking about talent and Kyle is the best of the pool.
Because the wizards don't fall off a cliff without John? What?! If we're talking talent (skill) he literally has a single skill better than John. He's absolutely not more talented. The only argument for him is efficiency/team efficiency. But Kyle the individual is not better than John the individual.
Only thing I can say is that we can't really rank things only by doing X things better. Cause on paper John Wall does more things better than Steph Curry, but is he better than Steph Curry? Absolutely not.

But Kyle Lowry is a much better shooter, they are both tier one defending PGs and the rebounding difference is de minimis. 

he's made big shots before the finals....
I don't think kyrie is even a top 5 point guard but don't try to discredit his offensive game because he is elite at that.

Last edited:
Only thing I can say is that we can't really rank things only by doing X things better. Cause on paper John Wall does more things better than Steph Curry, but is he better than Steph Curry? Absolutely not.

But Kyle Lowry is a much better shooter, they are both tier one defending PGs and the rebounding difference is de minimis. 

I'm not though. If Kyle was far and away better shooting/scoring I could see it. But, honestly he's not. He's a better 3 point shooter by a good margin but they still shot exactly the same from the field last season. He averaged 1 more point, and is nowhere near the distributor that John is. Steph is unquestionably better because he's SO much better offensively it's ridiculous. Not to mention he's an extremely capable distributor, just doesn't have to given his offense. Lowry doesn't do anything that much better to say he's better than John. John does. And he stays on the court.

You really gonna drop Steph's name to use as some sort of comparison?

We all know Steph's Gravity>

Kyle's 3 point shooting/defence<<<

Not even close to the same potency. Again, Lowry is 5 years older and still isn't better than Wall.. and Wall is just starting to scratch his surface

Last edited:

Not on paper in real life he does more things better. I don't get this logic at all.

If I'm better at more things then you I'm the better player period. What are the other determining factors? Team accomplishments that involve other players? It's nonsense.

Curry is a better shooter then MJ and has more gravity then Jordan. That makes him better then MJ right. Despite all the things MJ does better. It's such a weak argument.

Not on paper in real life he does more things better. I don't get this logic at all.

If I'm better at more things then you I'm the better player period. What are the other determining factors? Team accomplishments that involve other players? It's nonsense.

Curry is a better shooter then MJ and has more gravity then Jordan. That makes him better then MJ right. Despite all the things MJ does better. It's such a weak argument.
not even your own front office given the choice would take wall over curry. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] being the greatest ever at something >being good at a couple things.

Wall's free throw attempts took a large leap this season and not only that, he actually improved his percentage. Very very telling as to his mind set

If Kylie would replace one or two of those side to sides with a hesitation instead, he'd get to the rim much easier.

Instead he just shakes the defender but instead of attacking he makes another move or two while they regain balance and then he's back to square one.

He should watch some tape of CJ or Lou, steal a jerk from them and stop all that mixing.

Basically what NT has determined is if a player is a better shooter then Wall and can draw defenders they are better. That's all that required.

John Wall could literally lead a team to 6 straight Finals and win playing his style but because he's not a better shooter and doesn't draw defenders Curry is forever better.

That argument is so weak. It literally works against 99.9 percent of every player that's ever played.

Nobody has the jumper or gravity Curry has. If that's all it takes then who the hell is better then him?

Curry > Magic
Curry > Kobe
Curry > LeBron
Curry > Duncan

Same gravity and jumper argument works against all those players. Nobody will quote and dispute this because it's true.

Last edited:
Ben Wallace did not get in.

Most DPOY awards in league history.

15th all time in blocks.

NBA Champion

Last edited:
Wall is a great player, but at the end of the day his squad sitting in that 4 seed in the lesser conference. Win something and then he'll get the praise he deserves as an individual.

Basically what NT has determined is if a player is a better shooter then Wall and can draw defenders they are better. That's all that required.

John Wall could literally lead a team to 6 straight Finals and win playing his style but because he's not a better shooter and doesn't draw defenders Curry is forever better.

That argument is so weak. It literally works against 99.9 percent of every player that's ever played.

Nobody has the jumper or gravity Curry has. If that's all it takes then who the hell is better then him?

Curry > Magic
Curry > Kobe
Curry > LeBron
Curry > Duncan

Same gravity and jumper argument works against all those players. Nobody will quote and dispute this because it's true.

You gotta stop this. You not even trying to understand

You gotta stop this. You not even trying to understand

Understand what? Take any player you think is better then Curry and make a case for that player without using defense, passing abilities, court vision, running the offense and all the things that are glossed over in the Wall debate. I bet you can't.

Understand what? Take any player you think is better then Curry and make a case for that player without using defense, passing abilities, court vision, running the offense and all the things that are glossed over in the Wall debate. I bet you can't.

You're the only trying to paint everything with a broad brush, COMPLETELY ignoring the context in which these conversations are to be had or the stats people get are achieved. The fact that this is John's career year.... And what Steph did 4 years ago should be evidence enough to let this go. You won't. I don't get it. Wall is arguably having a better year, and that's fine. But he's in no way a better player. They rebound at similar rates. Curry has shown to be an extremely effective passer, by raw assists, and his effect on the offense can not be quantified hence gravity. John is a far superior defender and a better passer. However, the gap between the two offensively is so immense it isn't funny. John will never in his life be anywhere near the offensive force that Steph is. Steph is maybe one of the top 5 greatest offensive players we've ever seen in this league. He's literally THAT good. Example, this is a down year and still better than almost everyone in the league. What John is doing is AMAZING, but that still pales in comparison to what Steph has already done. Revisit this when John has done this or better for multiple seasons. It's not a discussion right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom