Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

That's me talking to y'all man.

Dude stop. Wall isn't better than Curry. And it's blasphemous to even mention either of them I the same paragraph as Magic. Undisputed GOAT at the PG.

Cute. You refuse like most to answer a direct question. Take the team accolades out of the equation. Based off Curry and Magic skill set why is Magic superior to Curry? What does Magic do that makes him better?

I bet a lot of those things you'd say are also things Wall does better. Except scoring obviously.

Last edited:

Same question to you. What does Magic do that makes him a better player then Curry skill set wise?

Last edited:
Cute. You refuse like most to answer a direct question. Take the team accolades out of the equation. Based off Curry and Magic skill set why is Magic superior to Curry? What does Magic do that makes him better?

I bet a lot of those things you'd say are also things Wall does better. Except scoring obviously.
So dumb of me to entertain but **** it lemme try:

John Wall has one season where he's eclipsed a TS% of 54%. Magic Johnson has eclipsed a TS% of 60% or better 10 times
laugh.gif

John Wall's highest PER is this season, at 23. Magic Johnson has eclipsed that PER on 6 different occasions including 5 seasons in which his PER was at 25 or better. Mind you, John Wall is at 31% with his Usage Rate this year, and Magic Johnson was doing all of this while never having a season over 25% in terms of usage.

Magic Johnson's Offensive rating every year of his career was 113 or better. John Wall...nope not here either
laugh.gif

I mean I could go on ( I swear) but you get the picture.

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM
I need someone to explain to me why MJ is the best ever.

I mean....based on....and according to NT standards....I'll wait....but I bet y'all won't answer that direct question will you?

Last edited:
Remember when the CP3 is the greatest PG ever debate was poppin a few years back? And the struggle was making an argument against Magic Stockton etc?

Well...who knew Wall was better than them all.

Damn now we are getting Magic and Wall comparisons :lol:

I haven't once said Wall was better then Magic. Whole thread is injecting Wall into something I'm not even asking to avoid looking dumb.

So dumb of me to entertain but **** it lemme try:

John Wall has one season where he's eclipsed a TS% of 54%. Magic Johnson has eclipsed a TS% of 60% or better 10 times :lol:

John Wall's highest PER is this season, at 23. Magic Johnson has eclipsed that PER on 6 different occasions including 5 seasons in which his PER was at 25 or better. Mind you, John Wall is at 31% with his Usage Rate this year, and Magic Johnson was doing all of this while never having a season over 25% in terms of usage.

Magic Johnson's Offensive rating every year of his career was 113 or better. John Wall...nope not here either :lol:

I mean I could go on ( I swear) but you get the picture.

I asked one simple question.

WHAT DOES MAGIC DO THAT MAKES HIM BETTER THEN CURRY SKILL SET WISE? Does he defend better, pass better things of this nature.

Why are you talking about Wall vs Magic when I'm asking about Curry vs Magic?

Last edited:
I haven't once said Wall was better then Magic. Whole thread is injecting Wall into something I'm not even asking to avoid looking dumb.
I asked one simple question.

WHAT DOES MAGIC DO THAT MAKES HIM BETTER THEN CURRY SKILL SET WISE? Does he defend better, pass better things of this nature.

Why are you talking about Wall vs Magic when I'm asking about Curry vs Magic?
Lmao idk man, my bad. I got confused

Collector ain't slick. He's trying to use a transitive property to end up saying Wall is a better player.

Magic is better then Wall. My point was skill set wise the same things people will say Magic is superior to Curry at making him the better player are the exact same things Wall is better then Curry at. Yes Magic is better then Wall at those same things but the fact remains it's the same set of skills.

Nobody will say Curry > Magic because of shooting and gravity.

Watching the magic game. Can't believe they gave that bag to Bismack. He's been so trash Kendrick made a song telling him to sit down.

Brooklyn tho :pimp:

I know we have a lot of Lakers fans in this thread. How many in this thread right now believe off comparing individual players Curry > Magic?

Magic isn't the scorer Wall is. So if Curry is immensely better then Wall he's also immensely better then Magic for all the same reason.

No idea what the topic/argument bein made is, but to simply discuss these two (in different eras mind you)

Magic's incredible gift was his size. 6'9 PG is absurd. It absolutely makes no sense, he is a matchup nightmare from tip off. Even Steph at 6'3 is giving 6 inches. If not for Kareem, Magic could have posted up every possession.

His passing is insane considering 10 guys occupied the same tiny space. Imagine him today with 3 point spacing, the lanes he'd have.

Magic played in the Title game in 79, then 9 Finals in 12 years. Basically 10 Championship runs in 13 years.

He made Showtime a thing, before it was truly a thing. Him, in this era, spread out, his size, (knowing he'd work on the game the way he did, his shooting would be even better than it was, he didn't add it til late in his career) he would have been even more of a monster. He causes you to check him with Forwards cuz your guards aren't big enough, so your guards defend forwards.

Last edited:
Collector, all that said, Curry is still a freak. Truly ridiculous what he does to a defense. You have to cover him 35 feet in. Unheard of. He creates those lanes to pass, to drive, the pick and rolls/pops, causing 3-4 defenders stress with his shoot/drive/pass ability. Magic's uniqueness is size, Steph's is his shooting. Both are dominant weapons.

Last edited:
Is ATL is going to miss the playoffs?

2-8 in last 1o and can't beat anybody convincingly 

OH, Ingram gives 18/5/3/1/1 with 1 TO on 14 shots in 22minutes.

My man shot .500 from the line on 6 attempts though, how? Dude is going to be the goods.

I said top 5 in  5. Sticking to it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom