Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
what happened to that one guy who hated steph curry so much thats all he talked about? havent seen him in weeks

Dion and Winslow are gonna' come save the Playoffs bus.... I know it.

raw

I never wanna hear a word uttered again by this man about Wall being a better player than Curry.
things will sort themselves out. just like we haven't heard a word uttered about gsw being the greatest team of all time or curry being better than LeBron after June 2016.

what happened to that one guy who hated steph curry so much thats all he talked about? havent seen him in weeks

All those Warrior hating scrubs are waiting in the bleachers just ready to pounce the first time the Warriors have a bad game. They haven't been able to come out in a good minute.

I hope the Hawks completely drop out of the playoffs. They're not winning a game vs anybody at this point and nobody wants to see them play.

I also had absolutely no clue the Hornets are only a game behind the 8th seed. Everybody's just been talking about the Heat, Pacers and Bulls and the Hornets are right there with them

I had no idea Charlotte was this close.

Marcin is down to 15minutes now?

Brooks gon' Brooks

Marcin can't defend. He's been really bad for a few weeks now.
I don't want to hear "Marcin can't defend".

This is the same Marcin who was playing 35mpg when Washington was destroying everybody.

I'm not saying the guy has been good these last few weeks, , I watch the same games you do, but 15mpg? What changed? Let me ask you this....who is backing up Marcin? Playing more minutes than Marcin? And what is Wash record looking like since he's been around.

Marcin is not Kendrick Perkins.
If he was he'd play more minutes for Brooks than what he does. Marcin is that guy who was backing up Kendrick Perkins while Perkins was used by Brooks night in and out. Basically Marcin is Adams, on that back burner.

Last edited:
I hope the Hawks completely drop out of the playoffs. They're not winning a game vs anybody at this point and nobody wants to see them play.

I also had absolutely no clue the Hornets are only a game behind the 8th seed. Everybody's just been talking about the Heat, Pacers and Bulls and the Hornets are right there with them

I had no idea Charlotte was this close.

Marcin is down to 15minutes now?

Brooks gon' Brooks

Marcin can't defend. He's been really bad for a few weeks now.
I don't want to hear "Marcin can't defend".

This is the same Marcin who was playing 35mpg when Washington was destroying everybody.

I'm not saying the guy has been good these last few weeks, , I watch the same games you do, but 15mpg? What changed? Let me ask you this....who is backing up Marcin? Playing more minutes than Marcin? And what is Wash record looking like since he's been around.

Marcin is not Kendrick Perkins.
If he was he'd play more minutes for Brooks than what he does. Marcin is that guy who was backing up Kendrick Perkins while Perkins was used by Brooks night in and out. Basically Marcin is Adams, on that back burner.

He can't defend, tho. His rim protection has been an issue since day 1. Opponents are scoring at a high clip when he's guarding them. It's a major problem. You also have to remember, he was playing heavy minutes because Mahinmi was still on the shelf and Brooks was figuring out what to do with Smith. Now that both of those guys have figured out their roles, of course something has to give. And that's Gortat's PT.

Overall team defense wasn't this bad before the all-star break, but they've been HORRIBLE since New Orleans. I don't care who you are, but regularly allowing 115, 120+ points on a nightly basis ain't gonna cut it. If the Wizards can't figure things out before the playoffs, they'll be in trouble. Randy Wittman was a bad coach, but he had these guys committed to defense. We're not seeing the same thing right now.

I really think that a combination of Mahinmi/Smith can duplicate Gortat's offense next year. Gortat is on a real friendly deal, so moving him shouldn't be an issue. I think the writing is on the wall for him in DC at the end of the year. Probably could have said the same thing once the ink dried on Mahinmi's deal last summer. You don't sign a guy to a 4/64 contract to ride pine. THere are/were big plans for Mahinmi, and hopefully he'll show his worth defensively when the playoffs roll around.

As far as Smith...he's awesome with the mid-range/pick and pop. Now he can shoot the 3 a bit. Which is something Gortat can't do. You combine his skill with Mahinmi, and you'll have a player > Gortat.

But they are worse :rofl:

Smith/Mahinmi?

On the offensive end, if they can average close to a double-double, that's Gortat's production right there.

Defensively, it's not even a debate.

Dude is SUCH a liability in the paint.

now that we can finally say curry is better than wall, whats left for these last 2 weeks? i know nobody cares who 6-8 is in the east

lebron & TT spat was entertaining, especially the way that kid in the blue goes from cheering to concerned :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom