Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
he aint peep game when home cooking called him unreliable? they don't love you like that.

Editor who made that headline got clowned though, even though he was playing like **** in crunchtime

images

We don't love him like **** though now you right about that :lol: but damn do I still love watching dude play :smh:

Road trip was whatever, but they did go 10-5 in March with Gortat playing less minutes. So I really don't think there would be any significant drop off (offensively) with having a two-headed monster in Smith/Mahinmi playing over Gortat.
11-7 was the record in March

12-10 since ASB

In 22 games since ASB Gortat has played 30+ 4 times, 2-2 is the record Beating Port/Denver and Losing to Toronto and then Phila the game after the ASB

I just find it odd that now we want to say Wash defense is horrid, but Gortat rarely plays 30's he's playing like 20mpg avg and him and Ian are basically splitting minutes and then Smith is in more of a role.

He plays less, Defense is really bad right now but....

Just saying, this is all on Gortat though? Interesting.

10-5 before the WC trip.

Who is putting it all on Gortat?

He was the weak link from the jump. Now that the entire team is struggling defensively, it's harder to mask his deficiencies.

You can get the same production offensively between Smith/Mahinmi and better rim protection. Gortat is on a VERY friendly deal, so moving him (especially after signing two other 5's this off-season) is an no-brainer. As a matter of fact, I do wonder if Mahinmi was healthy if Gortat would still be here past the deadline?

Outside of @TheCollector did anyone else say Wall > Curry?

Didn't see all he said, but yall dudes going HAM on him :rofl:

You didn't exactly shoot it down (you bought into it a lil bit if I remember correctly)....and there were a few people in here that sided with @thecollector.

I'm sure JD has the receipts :lol:

John Wall is my *****. One of, if not my favorite player in the league. But it was merely ridiculous to even consider that he's a better player than Steph Curry. It's just not true by any metric of success.

However, I think the Wiz will get it together before the playoffs. Was hoping they'd get 50 wins and a 3seed

Last edited:
Breh nobody give a **** about Marcin Gortat :rofl:
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] facts

it's literally only him but some make it seem like all the Wizards fans been saying it.

I'll pile on Gortat idc, he gets punked way too often by smaller more athletic guys. Sure everyone else has their faults too like John Wall's constant reach ins after a player blows by him and Markieff's brain farts but they can still contribute in other ways. When Gortat's getting outplayed he sulks and it's written all over him on both ends of the floor. Kelly Oubre is the only guy on this team I'd say gives 100% on defense night in night out and I love it

Playoffs are a different beast though, they should be more intense I'm sure Brooks won't trot guys out there who give half assed effort

Dudes want to proclaim Curry king after last night. Ok lets see.

Wizards beat Warriors and Wall outplayed Curry in that game. Then Curry went off and beat Washington. So that makes Curry the better player.

Lets see who's consistent.

Thunder beat Wizards and Russ got his triple double. Then he got blown out and didn't play the 4th vs Washington in the rematch.

By that logic and being consistent Wall > Russ right?

:lol:

The Wall/Curry is still the same. Steph's shooting and scoring gives him the advantage but Wall is still a better passer and better defender.

You didn't exactly shoot it down (you bought into it a lil bit if I remember correctly)....and there were a few people in here that sided with @thecollector.

I'm sure JD has the receipts :lol:

John Wall is my *****. One of, if not my favorite player in the league. But it was merely ridiculous to even consider that he's a better player than Steph Curry. It's just not true by any metric of success.

However, I think the Wiz will get it together before the playoffs. Was hoping they'd get 50 wins and a 3seed

I probably said he's better at certain aspects of the game, but Curry is a much better player :lol: I protected myself...I didn't go all in like @TheCollector :lol:

Curry can make every pass Wall can. Their offense doesn't call him for to be the primary ball handler.

Wall Street is a better defender and accountant, that's really about it

All I'm saying is if last night was the game that proved everyone right about Curry > Wall then everyone should agree Wall > Russ by that same standard.

Like Wall last night Russ and his Thunder got ran off the court in DC vs Walls Wizards in the 2nd meeting. Russ like Wall didn't play the 4th quarter.

I gave Curry all the credit in the world last night. He killed Wall and the Wizards. I made no excuses. I can admit being wrong. It's not the first time and won't be the last.

The Wall/Curry is still the same. Steph's shooting and scoring gives him the advantage but Wall is still a better passer and better defender.

Clearly. This has always been true.

However, also clearly......Steph Curry is, and has been the superior player. It's really not debatable man :lol:.

All I'm saying is if last night was the game that proved everyone right about Curry > Wall then everyone should agree Wall > Russ by that same standard.

Like Wall last night Russ and his Thunder got ran off the court in DC vs Walls Wizards in the 2nd meeting. Russ like Wall didn't play the 4th quarter.

I gave Curry all the credit in the world last night. He killed Wall and the Wizards. I made no excuses. I can admit being wrong. It's not the first time and won't be the last.

If you think last nights game is what moved the needle of a silly debate kept up by S&T's resident Simple Jack.....

You contine to be lost....

Last edited:
Wild thing about Curry is that he can play this way until he's like close to 40.
Wall and Russ depend on their athleticism a lot so Curry really could be the best PG for about 5 more years.

If you think last nights game is what moved the needle of a silly debate kept up by S&T's resident Simple Jack.....

You clearly cannot see the obvious.

What's i do see is you constantly on Stan mode for Curry. I really believe if Washington made the Finals you'd root for GS simply to prove your Curry > Wall point. Your not a real Wizards fan. Even with the loss last night I think Wall has had a better season then Curry.

You were one of those guys that said Curry > LeBron. Your love for Curry is evident clearly.

Lol last night wasn't the reason everyone said steph > wall man.

Curry can make every pass Wall can. Their offense doesn't call him for to be the primary ball handler.

Wall Street is a better defender and accountant, that's really about it

Of course their offense don't call for that. :lol: He got a stacked team around him.

Let me rephrase it then. Wall is a better PG/decision maker than Steph.

Clearly. This has always been true.

However, also clearly......Steph Curry is, and has been the superior player. It's really not debatable man :lol:.

I wasn't really debating that. Ya'll let Collector drag ya'll into it. :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom