Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Russ joins Big O Tonight 
nthat.gif

I think Houston OKC goes 5 but that might be my homer side coming out so i say it goes 6

OKC / Hou going 5. I think. Hope i'm wrong though lol

Mem / SAS is interesting though. Their lack of guard play combined with a healthy Marc Gasol makes that very interesting. If this was college, then you could make the argument that injuries are why memphis is in the 7th seed but they aren't truly a 7th seed. I would still pick San Antonio but I'm not confident in that.

Everytime I think of having to play Houston is get super anxious, it's not a good feeling.

I wanted it to play out different, and it still might but......I hope you guys are right saying 5-6 game series, because I don't see it at all.

In fact, I'm so confident it will be a sweep that I will be laying some stacks on it and have the extended series be my consolation if I lose the $

So I'm gonna set up the 2017 NBA bracket challenge soon and I wanted to see if anyone had some good ideas in terms of prizes that I can offer up.

As a good baseline, the contingent prize if your team wins is that you receive the full championship package with the DVD, shirt, hat, and towel if you want it.

Last edited:
 Last night after UNC defeated Gonzaga, JJ Redick tweeted: "Congrats to UNC. Seriously. Also- every player on the court tonight should have been paid. Scholarships don't count. Don't @ me." His followup today before Clippers practice: "I got a lot of text messages last night from people -- not everybody -- mainly people I know, friends, that even disagree with me."

More Redick on amateurism: "It's a really complex issue. Actually, I've been reading more and more about it. And I think at some point I would really like to dive into this on my podcast and really just... because it is complex and there's some stuff you want to be sensitive to. But the thing is, just like a general overview, the idea of amateurism -- it doesn't exist anymore."

And so if you're going to do what you're doing, then you just need a complete overhaul. It's got to be something radical. It's not like, 'Oh, let's figure out a way to pay every player $5,000.' It's not that. You know, it really requires something really radical. And maybe that's getting rid of collegiate athletics as we know it. I mean these guys are professional athletes in everything they do -- without getting paid. You know, I go back to the Thomas Jefferson quote -- I'm going to butcher the quote -- but it's something we've all kind of read. And essentially that you wouldn't expect a little boy to wear the pea coat that he wore as a boy as a grown man. You need to change with the times, essentially. And laws should reflect that. Rules, regulations, all those things should reflect that. Especially as we know more as a society. You know, gun control. I don't want to get political, but gun control. That's something should evolve as technology evolves. You know? When the second amendment was created, we had to worry about bears, people lived on the frontier. So I think the law should reflect where we are with guns. And it's the same thing with amateurism and the NCAA. If you're playing in a sport that is making millions of dollars -- for either your school or the NCAA -- you should get a piece of that. And the scholarship doesn't cover your piece -- your rightful piece. That's my two cents."

Everytime I think of having to play Houston is get super anxious, it's not a good feeling.

I wanted it to play out different, and it still might but......I hope you guys are right saying 5-6 game series, because I don't see it at all.

In fact, I'm so confident it will be a sweep that I will be laying some stacks on it and have the extended series be my consolation if I lose the $

Speaking of, I know we agreed to a wager on the dubs win total but I don't know if we agreed to any terms?

Speaking of, I know we agreed to a wager on the dubs win total but I don't know if we agreed to any terms?
We def put $ on it. 

Figure it out and let me know. 

Hopefully you lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom