Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There gotta be different definitions of Monster.... He put up 21 PPG, played great defense and was surrounded by multiple good players & a HOF coach. This is the first time he has been the focal point of the offense

What? He finished 2nd in MVP voting....shot damn near 50/44/88.....and won DPOY while being the first option on a 67 win team....

If that ain't the definition of a "monster".....idk what basketball dictionary you read.

There gotta be different definitions of Monster.... He put up 21 PPG, played great defense and was surrounded by multiple good players & a HOF coach. This is the first time he has been the focal point of the offense

He just won back to back DPOY as a wing player, that's more than great defense.

Not to mention his efficiency on offense was out of this world, he ain't the first guy to have good teammates.

Will be fun to watch this year play out, when he's 25/8/3 on 48-50% shooting while still being the best perimeter defender, there won't be anything else to do but respect it.

Not to mention his efficiency on offense was out of this world, he ain't the first guy to have good teammates.

Will be fun to watch this year play out, when he's 25/8/3 on 48-50% shooting while still being the best perimeter defender, there won't be anything else to do but respect it.
This

People focus too much on PPG without factoring everything else. The guy was putting up 21ppg on 50/44/87.

1st team All-NBA
1st team All-Defense
DPOY

And he wasn't a beast?

Not to mention, there are not many perimeter players currently in the league that can dominate both sides of the ball.

Last edited:
Yeah he was a ******* beast but I still dont remember a single person putting him in top 3.

Top 3 consistently been Bron, KD and Steph, then comes Kawhi and number 5 changes like the weather.

No one did..this started because someone said he wouldn't be mad if people said kawhi is top 3 right now today

I honestly would take Kawhi over KD right now.

Laugh if you want, but I like that Kawhi is the best perimeter defender, only 25 and is a beast on offense.

I love Al Horford, he Joe & Josh will always have my respect for leading & keeping us out of the lottery, but Dwight is everything we've needed at the 5 in the past few years.

He and Sap are a PERFECT fit
@LangGreene
Dwight Howard pulled down 15 rebounds in the first half last night.

Al Horford has 12 rebounds total over his first two games in Boston.

Kawhi is not better than curry James or KD so he can't be in the top 3

And I love KL believe me I get it

But in the semis, KD clearly outplayed kawhi.

I knew that would come up :lol:

On one end, you had a player who was putting up 24 shots and had the free reigns to do whatever he wanted. On the other end, you had Kawhi putting up 18 shots and still had a damn good series. Plus, I said RIGHT NOW. I feel like Kawhi has improved his game a lot more this summer than KD has.

ATL my sleeper ECF team but it doesn't matter because Bron is still in God mode and Kyrie only getting better.

Milsap deserves way more respect though, this guy has only gotten better.

This. Kawhi was a monster last year too. Not like he just became great out of nowhere.

You have a very strange definition of monster if it doesn't include a guy shooting 50/44/87 with a 25+ usage rate while being a top 2 defensive player in the league.

Over 70% of Kawhi's shots were assisted last year. His assist rate was also much lower than Paul's.

I have no issue if someone wanted PG over him last year. We have no idea what Paul would look like in SAS's offense last year.

Paul George has an incredibly high turnover rate for such a low assist rate. He takes too many 3's and can't operate in the midrange or get to the basket like Kawhi (part of that is Kawhi's system).

The gap between Kawhi and PG13 on defense is clear. The gap between them on offense is negligible. Paul George looks smoother than Kawhi....and carriers a bigger offensive burden with a worse system....We have no idea how he would look.....but I don't think the system makes Kawhi. Yes he benefits from it....but I just think his brand of basketball is much more efficient than Paul George on offense.

There are some clear holes PG13's offensive game. He settles for way to many long jumpers and doesn't get to his spots.

Kawhi has one of the better midrange and post up games in the league. And he knows how to get to his spots. And he shot the blood outta the ball from 3 last year. He's great on the catch and shoot.

He's always going to have a higher turnover rate because he's creating off the bounce more, that comes with it. He's taking more risks than Kawhi.

Damn near everything else you're mentioning about offense has more to do with Pop's system and the high IQ players on that squad. It's not a fair comparison. I don't think the offensive difference is negligble at all. And the defensive gap would be substantially smaller if Kawhi didn't have all that support on offense.

Mac was an excellent defender in Toronto, moved to Orlando and he took a step back on that end. Kobe locked up with Shaq, not so much with Smush Parker. They get Pau and all of a sudden he cares about defense again

Last edited:
Spo & Fizdale basically grew up with him in the league and he wouldn't shoot threes for them.

He just met Mayor a few months ago and is firing away from downtown.

This guy
mean.gif
Da Mayor 
pimp.gif
 Had D.Rose shooting well from deep last after the eye healed
I love Al Horford, he Joe & Josh will always have my respect for leading & keeping us out of the lottery, but Dwight is everything we've needed at the 5 in the past few years.

Trillsap and Dwight protecting the rim. 
smokin.gif
sick.gif

That's what I've been telling everyone

Idk why dudes continue to sleep on the Hawks as the 2nd best team in the East....

It's obvious (Not that it matters) :lol:

@LangGreene
Dwight Howard pulled down 15 rebounds in the first half last night.

Al Horford has 12 rebounds total over his first two games in Boston.
Don't wanna **** on him because he gave us several great years... but yea :lol: :lol:

Laugh if you want, but I like that Kawhi is the best perimeter defender, only 25 and is a beast on offense.
If I'm building a team from scratch, sure because he's younger and has more room to grow. KD isn't gonna get much better.

But if you ask me who's the better player, I still gotta go with the beta. On defense he's no Kawhi but he's also no slouch.

His offensive impact is dwarfed only by Steph but he's a more versatile scorer than him. 3 to post he will abuse your defense.

His assist numbers could be better but I believe he gets more than Kawhi and he's a good rebounder too. 

I can't wait until the year plays out because i'm 100% positive that he won't put up those numbers. Kawhi gets all the credit of the top 5 guys but none of the slander or scrutiny.... this year eyes are on him and we will see.

Also the past two playoffs he damn sure ain't been Lookin anything like top 5.

Woah. Strongly disagree with this. Kawhi will never give you 50/40/90 while leading the league in scoring.

Huge defensive impact obviously, but KD got whatever he wanted in that 2nd round. 29 on 50% shooting.

We can say for a fact that GP bothered MJ. Can't say the same for Kawhi guarding Durant

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom