Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
im going with pg13 before the claw. The kid is good not taking anything from him but pg13 especially after the injury is just a different animal but the same beast
Even after a finals MVP and back to back DPOY awards you're taking PG13 are you ok

What's KD's best defensive season? like a 1.4 DBPM? He's a solid defender, but his defense is the least of my worries as an opposing team.

This is the first year Kawhi is actually attempting more shots and has a high usage rate similar to KD's in the past. Its only two games in, but if the trend continues he will have much better numbers on both sides of the ball this season.

KD has averaged 19 FGA's + and a 30% usage rate over his career. Meanwhile, Kawhi hasn't come close to that until this year. And Kawhi has been around the same as KD in terms of 50/40/90, he just has yet to do it with more attempts. Buttttt, he's doing it right now.

Last edited:
The best advantage KD had over Kawhi was having his own team and being the #1. This is Kawhi's first full season having that advantage.

Its almost like they have swapped roles in a way, which is funny.

Plus, KD was a much better player 2 years ago. The gap has closed each year after that.

Last edited:
He's gonna be pissed because he already hates me, but it's just jokes. I'm just saying though, Kawhi somehow went from not better than Melo to better than Curry & Durant in a span of 2 games. :lol:

he went to other peoples top 5 to top 3 in 2 games as well so why cant he do the same? lmao

Wall and Beal the clank bros. Boys stunk it up, they should both be ashamed of their salaries.

What's KD's best defensive season? like a 1.4 DBPM? He's a solid defender, but his defense is the least of my worries as an opposing team.

I'm gonna wait a few more games to take it more seriously but the new "Death Lineup" had a Defensive Rating of like 144 in 9 minutes vs the Spurs :lol:

We'll see what it looks like the next few games but that was hilarious.

This is the first year Kawhi is actually attempting more shots and has a high usage rate similar to KD's in the past. Its only two games in, but if the trend continues he will have much better numbers on both sides of the ball this season.

KD has averaged 19 FGA's + and a 30% usage rate over his career. Meanwhile, Kawhi hasn't come close to that until this year. And Kawhi has been around the same as KD in terms of 50/40/90, he just has yet to do it with more attempts. Buttttt, he's doing it right now.

he has had ONE year where he's been close offensively. This is also gonna be the first year where he's asked to do a Majority of things on Offense & will be lacking one of the best defenders of all time manning the paint. Not to mentiona HUGE percentage of KD buckets throughout his career have come from him having to Iso ball his way & still put up HOF numbers on historic percentages.

If KD this year does what Kawhi Does it would be considered a significant step down in production by most.

The best advantage KD had over Kawhi was having his own team and being the #1. This is Kawhi's first full season having that advantage.

This really is funny since kd is the one who dubbed kiwi a system player in the first place :lol:. Nt made it a hot line, kd made it a hot song

if Blake can shoot like that every damn time he takes a shot, he'll improve significantly in no time.

Clippers lack that big man that can spread the floor...Blake needs to fill that role.

Last edited:
I'm on the **** Kevin Durant train as much as anyone else, but did y'all forget about KD's postseason matchup with Kawhi last year that quickly? One guy was clearly the better player. 

This really is funny since kd is the one who dubbed kiwi a system player in the first place :lol:. Nt made it a hot line, kd made it a hot song

So he said Kawhi was a system player, Steph doesn't guard the best point guards, then joined Steph huh?

:lol:

I'm on the **** Kevin Durant train as much as anyone else, but did y'all forget about KD's postseason matchup with Kawhi last year that quickly? One guy was clearly the better player. 

We keep talking about this matchup like Kawhi didn't get better in the offseason.

Kawhi was 24 years old against a 27 year old KD. Let the matchup from last season talk be at rest. Kawhi is just now getting into his groove.

Now, if KD kills him this year, I can understand. Last year, no one was really putting Kawhi in the top 5. He was barely cracking the top 10, but for everything he's shown in a VERY early season shows a top 5 caliber player. It also shows a player very capable of jumping over KD in the ranking.

Last edited:
We keep talking about this matchup like Kawhi didn't get better in the offseason.

Kawhi was 24 years old against a 27 year old KD. Let the matchup from last season talk be at rest. Kawhi is just now getting into his groove.

Now, if KD kills him this year, I can understand.

Lets also let imaginary talk for this year be at rest as well.

Last edited:

Now, if KD kills him this year, I can understand.
Based upon what we know about primes of guys NBA careers, Durant is likely entering his prime, no? I know that people want to crown a new media darling badly, and Durant has lost that title from everyone, but he's still a better player than Kawhi. 

one series relax. Kyrie had a better series then curry. He ain't better then curry. Not saying Kawhi is better then kd
. Newsflash. Even great ones have bad or average series sometimes.

Last edited:
KD still does everything better offensively than Kawhi even after his 2 game MVP title.

And as great as kawhi is defensively, he still can't contain KD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom