Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you asked me right now, right now - who the better player is....I'll say KD.

But in 2 months, Kahwi can leap boundaries over KD and easily surpass him in terms of overall ranking.

So, let's say Kawhi drops off somewhat after the hot start.

Ill say he ends up around 26-28ppg, everything else remaining the same. 3Pt% should increase as well.

His defense will definitely remain the same.

KD will still be better?

At that point, the argument about how much better KD is on offense than Kawhi is gone. Then, you cannot compare them defensively. So, what will legitmately make KD the better overall player?

Last edited:

I'm on the **** Kevin Durant train as much as anyone else, but did y'all forget about KD's postseason matchup with Kawhi last year that quickly? One guy was clearly the better player. 
one series relax. Kyrie had a better series then curry. He ain't better then curry. Not saying Kawhi is better then kd
. Newsflash. Even great ones have bad or average series sometimes.
He's been better than him every year of their careers. 

What's KD's best defensive season? like a 1.4 DBPM? He's a solid defender, but his defense is the least of my worries as an opposing team.

This is the first year Kawhi is actually attempting more shots and has a high usage rate similar to KD's in the past. Its only two games in, but if the trend continues he will have much better numbers on both sides of the ball this season.

KD has averaged 19 FGA's + and a 30% usage rate over his career. Meanwhile, Kawhi hasn't come close to that until this year. And Kawhi has been around the same as KD in terms of 50/40/90, he just has yet to do it with more attempts. Buttttt, he's doing it right now.

We're really talking about trends after 2 games? :lol:

Yeah if Kawhi continues this "trend" of having a 47 PER, then he's better than KD, Bron, Michael Jordan, Jabbar, and anyone else who's ever picked up a ball.

If you asked me right now, right now - who the better player is....I'll say KD.

But in 2 months, Kahwi can leap boundaries over KD and easily surpass him in terms of overall ranking.
laugh.gif
 In 2 months.. boundaries over. 

Ill say he ends up around 26-28ppg, everything else remaining the same. 3Pt% should increase as well.

KD will still be better?

At that point, the argument about how much better KD is on offense than Kawhi is gone. Then, you cannot compare them defensively. So, what will legitmately make KD the better overall player?

I understand this is a what have you done for me lately league but yes KD will still be the overall better player.

We're really talking about trends after 2 games? :lol:

Yeah if Kawhi continues this "trend" of having a 47 PER, then he's better than KD, Bron, Michael Jordan, Jabbar, and anyone else who's ever picked up a ball.

You can't call me out on saying trend, when I clearly stated its only 2 games :lol:

Why is this continually being brought up while completely ignoring the situation Kawhi was in and how it finally became his squad last year?

Fam said "let's forget about those real head to head games a few months ago, and let's concentrate on hypotheticals that may happen in the future"

Am I doing this right!?!?

Wall and Beal the clank bros. Boys stunk it up, they should both be ashamed of their salaries.

Brooooooooooo!!

That team looked bad. One got to go.

Don't know how people didn't see this coming. The praise they got over the past 3-4 years was warranted - however in the long run, both are players who require the ball in their hands in order to be effective. Both are incredibly streaky. Wall's gotta go though. The writing's on the wall. Get something in return for him while you can..

KD will still be better?

Absolutely.

What does kawhi do better other than defend?
Post up?
Catch and shoot?
ISO?
Pick and roll?

Even if kawhi does put up those numbers, that would be like Durants worse season since his rookie year

I understand this is a what have you done for me lately league but yes KD will still be the overall better player.

At that point, no one can tell me KD is better. Sure, you can make the argument, but the way some are talking like its not even close.

I forgot.... a lot of people on here actually thought KD jumped over Lebron during that MVP season. So, why am I even arguing

We're really talking about trends after 2 games?
laugh.gif

You can't call me out on saying trend, when I clearly stated its only 2 games
laugh.gif
Why is this continually being brought up while completely ignoring the situation Kawhi was in and how it finally became his squad last year?
Because he said that one series doesn't make KD better, when he's literally been better forever. 

I'll love to see what people are going to say if he wins MVP and have the Spurs being a top 3 seed in the West.

I remember last year people thought his shooting %'s had peaked after 1-2 months. A lot of people thought he wasn't going to be able to maintain that throughout the season. :lol:

Last edited:
Kawhi is on pace to have an average year for Kevin Durant

While being the best perimeter defender in the NBA.

I'm going to cry tears if he wins MVP and DPOY. Something KD will never do.

Not to mention he already has a Finals MVP, something KD will never have. :nerd:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom