Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The best player on a 60-18 team is not in the race?

To win the award, no. It's been a 2 man race for a few weeks now. Every major media outlet has narrowed it down to Beard and Brodie in their coverage if you've been paying attention. Kawhi had that block on Harden last month and did nothing of note since.

Look at how absurd these statlines are:

There's only 2 guys this year with these kind of absurd numbers.
Every now and then a season pops up where several players have ridiculous statlines. That 1961-62 season was definitely one of them. Aside from Wilt averaging 50 and Oscar averaging a TD, Elgin Baylor had a career high scoring average by several points, and Bill Russell also had a career high in PPG that particular season. Another interesting fact about that season is that a rookie Walt Bellamy had a career high averages of 31.6 ppg and 19.0 rpg in what was to be a 14 year career. He never averaged more than 27.9 ppg or 17.0 rpg for the remainder of his career. The 2005-06 season was also like this where several players were like kids in a candy store when it came to stat lines. Either because of a high pace, or bad defense, or a combination of both.

This season is definitely one of those seasons as well. The theme has mostly been the triple double. The funny thing is, even if you completely remove Russell Westbrook from this season, I still don't think I've ever seen this many triple doubles in a season ever since I started following pro basketball in the mid 90s.

Last edited:

I'm surprised you guys haven't posted the clip of Russ trying to miss his last FT so he could grab the 10th rebound, yet.
nerd.gif

Post it
Grizz had no timeouts left man
laugh.gif
OH I know, but the way it is around here, that was him missing it on purp to grab the 10th

Every now and then a season pops up where several players have ridiculous statlines. That 1961-62 season was definitely one of them. Aside from Wilt averaging 50 and Oscar averaging a TD, Elgin Baylor had a career high scoring average by several points, and Bill Russell also had a career high in PPG that particular season. Another interesting fact about that season is that a rookie Walt Bellamy had a career high averages of 31.6 ppg and 19.0 rpg in what was to be a 14 year career. He never averaged more than 27.9 ppg or 17.0 rpg for the remainder of his career. The 2005-06 season was also like this where several players were like kids in a candy store when it came to stat lines. Either because of a high pace, or bad defense, or a combination of both.

This season is definitely one of those seasons as well. The theme has mostly been the triple double. The funny thing is, even if you completely remove Russell Westbrook from this season, I still don't think I've ever seen this many triple doubles in a season ever since I started following pro basketball in the mid 90s.

What blogs do you subscribe to?

I really think harden has to win it . harden is averaging only 2 less rebounds and has his team in a much better spot. is 2 less rebounds really that underserving when his team has overachieved this season and its mainly cause of him. okc is right where we thought they  would be. hous has surpassed expectations.

Last edited:

Russell Westbrook is the casual NBA fan vote

But purest know it's kawhi or harden

Too bad KD got injured and couldn't make things more interesting
Only people who doesn't have Russ 1 or 2 at worst is the contingent on here. Kawhi ain't even in the race.
The best player on a 60-18 team is not in the race? Who is also a top 10 scorer in the league?

Like I said, if Rose has an MVP, Kawhi should too.

IMO

1. Harden
2. Kawhi
3. Westbrook
GIve it to Steph then, not Kawhi.

I don't even know if Stephs numbers are better, but his team damn sure is, and Steph is good, so give it to Steph.

Kawhi can step off.

Russell Westbrook is the casual NBA fan vote

But purest know it's kawhi or harden

Too bad KD got injured and couldn't make things more interesting

Only people who doesn't have Russ 1 or 2 at worst is the contingent on here. Kawhi ain't even in the race.
The best player on a 60-18 team is not in the race? Who is also a top 10 scorer in the league?

Like I said, if Rose has an MVP, Kawhi should too.

IMO

1. Harden

2. Kawhi

3. Westbrook
GIve it to Steph then, not Kawhi.

I don't even know if Stephs numbers are better, but his team damn sure is, and Steph is good, so give it to Steph.

Kawhi can step off.
Steph ain't been the best player on his team this year.

It's KD but injury got him out the race

Plus he already got 2 and voters fatigue

Steph ain't been the best player on his team this year.

It's KD but injury got him out the race

Plus he already got 2 and voters fatigue
​nah. steph is the main man and the engine on that team. in the beginning of the year when they were tryin to run the offense through kd they weren't clicking the way they click when curry runs the show.

steph has zero shot at mvp tho .

Last edited:
Do they still count in the box score if they are 'fake'? How do you quantify which are 'real'? You sound ridiculous.

It's been covered in explicit detail. You can a turn a blind eye if you want but you know what it is. You're gassed off a phrase and ignoring the context. Lamelo's 92 was also completely legit in your book right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom