Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan Hill getting 4 million for 71 DNP-COACH'S DECISION

Sometimes life just ain't fair
If only I was at least 8 inches taller 
mean.gif

Washington is your only hope to knock off a Cavs team.

Brooks is still pulling those skrings though. He's going to get lost somewhere in there.

Get used to hearing this at the podium "I thought we played hard, we know what we need to change, we just need to watch the tape and make the adjustments, and come back better next game"

Washington is your only hope to knock off a Cavs team.

Brooks is still pulling those skrings though. He's going to get lost somewhere in there.

Get used to hearing this at the podium "I thought we played hard, we know what we need to change, we just need to watch the tape and make the adjustments, and come back better next game"

Yea, there is hardly any actual strategy discussion in there.

It is full of folks complaining about the game
Complaining about random teammates they encounter
Complaining about how I complain about them never discussing BASKETBALL in the game

And then there is @eNPHAN trying to get folks to realize they are just some **** :lol:

2k broke the online franchise mode

that's why nobody really plays it

i'd be down with one if it was only legit NTers

and as far as the 2k thread

i'm banned from it.

enough said.

(DC notice how everyone is making lockdown defenders now? or maybe not, you dont keep up with proam. also, the video i posted on NT and got "that video sucks" was featured on the 100th episode of 2ktv. LOL. they still can't hit open jumpers tho.)

Jimmy Butler ain't putting the Celtics over the top.

I understand people are waiting for those assets to materialize into something eventually but...Jimmy Butler still puts them a notch below Cleveland. 

Yeah I mean if Jimmy Butler and / or PG (I know he's playing well as of late) is the best Boston can get for that pick(s), then they're better off just grabbing what should be an elite level rookie on a extremely cost efficient deal.

Especially when you consider Zeke's potential departure in the near future, having a fultz or ball on a rookie deal isn't the end of the world when you realize that because of the new CBA, they're tied to you for probably the next 10 years.

Is there anything realistically attainable that would put the Celtics over the top?
Nope, and it was probably the smart thing to do to hold on to those assets and let them materialize

Because at the end of the day, foresight is everything. If you believe this draft is that good, then having fultz or ball locked in on a rookie deal and ultimately for almost 10 years is great value because Lebron's reign won't last forever.

Yeah I mean if Jimmy Butler and / or PG (I know he's playing well as of late) is the best Boston can get for that pick(s), then they're better off just grabbing what should be an elite level rookie on a extremely cost efficient deal.
 Isaiah Thomas is also 28. If you want to pair another star with him to contend...you better be sure that star is good enough to get it done because the window is slim. You bring in Jimmy Butler, who's pretty much the same age...it's gonna get ugly towards the end of those contracts when you got over 200 million invested in 2 guys who aren't going to beat Lebron James.

Only been watching a bit of this game, don't know what Wiggins' stats are, but every game I watch him in, he's taking some of the worst shots possible

Only been watching a bit of this game, don't know what Wiggins' stats are, but every game I watch him in, he's taking some of the worst shots possible
36pt

7rb 

3ast

2stl

3to

on 14-23 and 1-4 from 3pt, he's had a really good game obviously but....

Minny didn't get a FG in the 4th until the 2minute mark. That is crazy.

The etiquette is bad across the entire NBA when it comes to the last few seconds in games out of reach.

NObody can complain if you ask me, because they are all suspect.

The etiquette is bad across the entire NBA when it comes to the last few seconds in games out of reach.

NObody can complain if you ask me, because they are all suspect.

imo nobody should complain. players should be playing hard until the buzzer sounds anyways. miss me with that take him out or give him a hard foul bs too. if you don't want the opposing team styling on you, tell your teammates to D up until the end. how do you expect other grown men to care about not hurting other grown men feelings?

Players shouldn't be playing hard until the buzzer sounds, though.

That is one of the stupidest things I've heard.

82 games, you can't and won't win them all, sometimes you wave the flag and wait for better days

If a team is down 25, you really want them out there going 110%?

LOL, man get out of here with that ol' crap

There is a reason it is called etiquette. There is a reason FOR, etiquette, too, and nobody has it so they shouldn't complain but.....miss me with the "go hard the whole time" ish.

Last edited:
Players shouldn't be playing hard until the buzzer sounds, though.
That is one of the stupidest things I've heard.
82 games, you can't and won't win them all, sometimes you wave the flag and wait for better days
If a team is down 25, you really want them out there going 110%?

LOL, man get out of here with that ol' crap
There is a reason it is called etiquette. There is a reason FOR, etiquette, too, and nobody has it so they shouldn't complain but.....miss me with the "go hard the whole time" ish.

Team goes 12 deep b. Coach can easily find someone to play hard til the end. So yeah if you're down 25, you better have the scrubs in there playing hard until the buzzer sounds. 82 games? Lol. There are 15 men on a team to rotate through. If someone is too tired to play hard for whatever mins left in a blow up, I would question their will of wanting to be a professional basketball player.

Last edited:
Nah I just don't agree.

At all.

You know what I hate most in life Frisco?
It's being patronized.
Nobody likes to be patronized.
Asking Prfessionals in a Sport to put it all on the line in those situations is rediculous.

And I don't agree with rubbing it in someone's face or what Lance did. I think you have some etiquette and avoid it, but Toronto was way out of pocket complaining about it too.

Both sides are extremes, there is a middle here and neither side took it and both look equally bad to me but.....just because I don't agree doesn't mean I'm going to go to the extreme irrational other side of the topic and say play hard until the buzzer rings.

I'm just not agreeing with that, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom