Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harden is having a ridiculous year. Not trying to take anything away from him but let's not act like his team isn't better than the Thunder.
This wasn't the narrative to start the season.

They are better than the Thunder BECAUSE of Harden.

Houston's roster aint that bad. I thought they would be worse only because I assumed injuries to ryno/ego were all but guaranteed. When healthy those guys can help a lot of teams

Harden and Russ care TOO much about the MVP.

That should tell you these ***** ain't REAL MVPs.

Never seen ***** soo thirsty for the award man
laugh.gif
. I've seen dudes chase scoring titles and accolades....but the campaigning for MVP award by harden and Russ is OD.

The best players in the league let it speak for themselves. Hell, '08 was probably the last really close MVP race....and neither Kobe or Cp3 were gunning for it like crazy (although Kobe got that lifetime achievement MVP [emoji]128564[/emoji], deserving though).

Bron
KD
Steph
Kawhi

These dudes just play the game man.....

Westbrook is gonna go down as the greatest guard ever to never win a championship. Dude is a certified loser that no other all star would want to play with. Heck of a player though. I'd give him more respect if he actually didnt stat pad.

[/quote]
Westbrook is gonna go down as the greatest guard ever to never win a championship. Dude is a certified loser that no other all star would want to play with. Heck of a player though. I'd give him more respect if he actually didnt stat pad.

he's better than john stockton?

Last edited:
He will get 1 one day...

roll.gif
roll.gif

Let's just give MVP to whoever wins the Rockets/Thunder series.

Since Westbrooks teammates like helping him get dem triple doubles, let them help him win 4 games.

Beverley
Gordon
Ariza
Anderson
Capela

That team would have a top 10 pick in the draft :lol:
It would actually be interesting to see the posts when Anderson and Gordon signed. I didn't hear much fan fare of those signings.
And maybe, just maybe Hardens teammates are playing better than Russell's, because Harden is just a better player and makes them better at a higher rate than Russell. I mean Bobby Brown and Troy Williams got 1st quarter minutes tonight :lol:
Oh no. Westbrook averaged 2 more rebounds. Forget all that stuff. Who cares harden is responsible for more points per game, on a better team. 3-1 season series win. Because 10 rebounds! Not an arbitrary 8!

Last edited:
Let's just give MVP to whoever wins the Rockets/Thunder series.

Since Westbrooks teammates like helping him get dem triple doubles, let them help him win 4 games.
That's not how this works. While we're at it take away everyone's MVP who didn't at least make the Finals the year they won it. 

My only argument is that he stat pads, doesnt make any of his teammates better, no all star would want to play with him, and he's legit a nut. What past MVP falls into any of those categories? None.

Historic season? Ofcourse. He's a great player there's absolutely no arguing that. But MVP of the league? No.

Last edited:
Russell Westbrook is 41 points away from scoring the most points in a season since Kobe Bryant's 2,832 in '05-'06.

With 41 points, he's passes KD's 2,593 set in '13-'14. Doing so would be the most in a season since Kobe Bryant's 2,832 mark.

Think about this and add a triple double to Kobes season.......

take kawhi off the spurs and that team is a 20W team

Nah fam not even close. A team that has won over 50 games for like 18 straight seasons now all of a sudden would be a 20 win team without one player? FOH. Rockets and Thunder? Those teams would be 20 win teams without their main guy. Not the Spurs.

Also, this Russ only stat pads argument is kind of ridiculous. I mean maybe he does a little bit for rebounds but assists and obviously points no way not a chance in hell. If you watch their games sec constantly getting his wack *** teammates involved the whole game. Their play normally falls off a cliff when he leaves the games because they basically have no one else who can consistently create offense on their besides Kanter and Oladipo.

Also, Westbrook has ALWAYS been a consistent triple double threat even before this season. Dude had 18 last year with KD on his squad. Watch his game thats just the way he plays and it comes natural. Him grabbing boards actually benefits the Thunder because it allows the bigs to reach out and he has the speed to race down the court with the ball in his hands and create extra fast break opportunities.

My point is, yall have basically made it seem like Points, Rebounds, and Assists are a bad thing. Those stats are conducive to winning you dopes and thats also evidenced by their 33-10 record when he gets the triple doubles. Y'all haters can fall back and eat a ****. Dude just accomplished something that 6 months ago nobody thought could EVER be possible. He made basketball history, his teams in the playoffs after losing the second best player in the league, and he's been the clutches player in the league this season with signature shots and crazy buzzer beaters every other night. All of that carries great significance and is most definitely MVP worthy. The respect given to him by his peers and former NBA players shows that.

My only argument is that he stat pads, doesnt make any of his teammates better, no all star would want to play with him, and he's legit a nut. Historic season? Ofcourse. He's a great player there's absolutely no arguing that. But MVP of the league? No.
Who on his team can he actually make better?

My only argument is that he stat pads, doesnt make any of his teammates better, no all star would want to play with him, and he's legit a nut. Historic season? Ofcourse. He's a great player there's absolutely no arguing that. But MVP of the league? No.

If it's so easy to stat pad on a trash team, why don't we see this more often? I forgot how wild this thread was.

It would actually be interesting to see the posts when Anderson and Gordon signed. I didn't hear much fan fare of those signings.
And maybe, just maybe Hardens teammates are playing better than Russell's, because Harden is just a better player and makes them better at a higher rate than Russell. I mean Bobby Brown and Troy Williams got 1st quarter minutes tonight
laugh.gif

Oh no. Westbrook averaged 2 more rebounds. Forget all that stuff. Who cares harden is responsible for more points per game, on a better team. 3-1 season series win. Because 10 rebounds! Not an arbitrary 8!
Or it could be that Gordon and Anderson and now Lou (when healthy) are just better players in general than what Russ has around him. They've proven to be players before they got to Houston. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom