Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respect to Bomani keep it a buck about the babying of Steph compared to other superstars.

Eh....he had some points. Y'all don't wanna talk about the "other reasons" y'all ***** be fronting on Steph.....and think he's "babied" though :nerd: :nerd:.

The perception of him being privileged, babied, "light skin privilege", perception of being "soft", a goodie two shoes, the media holding him and his family up as a standard, the perception of steph not being a real ***** etc"

:nerd: :nerd:

That's the more honest and interesting convo. But it may not be for the message board :lol:.

tumblr_ojeovhhRQu1rsnx72o1_500.png

Harden with the icy fit [emoji]10024[/emoji][emoji]10024[/emoji][emoji]10024[/emoji]

Respect to Bomani keep it a buck about the babying of Steph compared to other superstars.

Eh....he had some points. Y'all don't wanna talk about the "other reasons" y'all ***** be fronting on Steph.....and think he's "babied" though :nerd: :nerd:.

The perception of him being privileged, babied, "light skin privilege", perception of being "soft", a goodie two shoes, the media holding him and his family up as a standard, the perception of steph not being a real ***** etc"

That's the more honest and interesting convo. But it may not be for the message board :lol:.

Was it a series of tweets from Bo?

*I think it would be a GREAT discussion...but probably in General so it doesn't take away from this thread.

Last edited:
here's the thing though, it's really weird, the hatred for Curry. I mean Bronze is a prick. but curry really doesnt do much to garner the depth of hatred some dudes have. Besides challenging bron for dominance in the L. Which is probably the biggest motivator.

I'm sure one of the many reasons my boy hates Curry is because he's lightskin. My boy is asian :x

loves bronze doh. :x

Was it a series of tweets from Bo?

*I think it would be a GREAT discussion...but probably in General so it doesn't take away from this thread.

Nah. It was on Bomani's radio show.

Also, found this excerpt from this article about Steph last week interesting and funny.

View media item 2402026

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2695972.amp.html

If you grew up playing "city ball"......you already know how it was when dudes like the Currys come to the court. The initial perception is them dudes are "soft", "privileged", "jump shooters" from the burbs.....so you press them and try to intimidate them.

You get mad when they don't fold.....and bust your *** :lol:. Especially if they style on you a lil bit. There's a feeling of resentment. Like damn, these ***** got everything....and I can't stop em on my court...on my terms. That frustration is real.

I think the people that "hate" Steph probably dislike him because of his fans. I mean last year media was asking could that team beat the 96 Bulls. You know the attention they were getting heavily last year, losing in the finals, AND Steph didn't get obliterated in the media like Bron usually does when he takes L's. So I feel like that's what rubs people the wrong way.

Some superstars especially ones that are marketed nice guys I've noticed don't get slack for blowing it in the playoffs like Bron does. Maybe I'm overanalyzing it 

Steph indeed took the L for his performance in the finals last season. But that's really been the only L he held in a few seasons

"light skin privilege", perception of being "soft", a goodie two shoes, the media holding him and his family up as a standard, the perception of steph not being a real ***** etc"

When I bring those things up, folks tell me I am race baiting. But it is legit. I say the same thing about Blake. If Blake was as Dark as Pat Beverely, folks wouldn't test him as much.

Same as Steph and the same will happen to Lonzo Ball.

It is a real thing

I think the people that "hate" Steph probably dislike him because of his fans. I mean last year media was asking could that team beat the 96 Bulls. You know the attention they were getting heavily last year, losing in the finals, AND Steph didn't get obliterated in the media like Bron usually does when he takes L's. So I feel like that's what rubs people the wrong way.

Some superstars especially ones that are marketed nice guys I've noticed don't get slack for blowing it in the playoffs like Bron does. Maybe I'm overanalyzing it 

That's part of it. I mean, anytime something new challenges an established thing that's been great for some time....there's always some backlash when the new thing that had al the momentum falls short.

Lebron gets this hate too. I mean, ***** called Bron the "chosen one" since Hs....compared him to Jordan....and he did that "not 1, not 2, not 5 rings" **** with the heat. There are people a certain age and of a certain mindset that will never put LeBron in that category. No matter what he does. And some of it stems from that.

So naturally....when it fails, it leaves some backlash and a moment to gloat and fuel that fire. It comes with the territory.

Naw bro, it has absolutely nothing to do with him not being as critiqued and criticized like the other superstars after blowing games. It's because he's light skinned and privileged.

Last edited:

Naw bro, it has absolutely nothing to do with him not as critiqued and criticized like the other superstars. It's because he's light skinned and privileged.
**** I feel like KD isn't light skinned and privileged and before the move to GSW he wasn't critiqued and criticized like the other superstars. 

lightskin dudes dont typically flex in sports do they though? blake and steph best that come to mind honestly.

You are entitled to feel that way but it is definitely a real thing.

Look up Tragic Mulatto syndrome.

My post was in response to this....

From recent memory, curry the greatest lightskin professional athlete ever? Broken barriers?

Not being facetious. this actually is a convo I've had with friends. Him being in the goat talks of guy/athlete was the end result. Being lightskin was a subcategory we had. Hella bases covered as far as chips, personal achievement, family life, health, wealth, not a bad looking guy. In that same convo is Brady, Jeter, MJ, Kobe, Beckham, Christiano, etc.

From recent memory, curry the greatest lightskin professional athlete ever? Broken barriers?

Not being facetious. this actually is a convo I've had with friends. Him being in the goat talks of guy/athlete was the end result. Being lightskin was a subcategory we had. Hella bases covered as far as chips, personal achievement, family life, health, wealth, not a bad looking guy. In that same convo is Brady, Jeter, MJ, Kobe, Beckham, Christiano, etc.

Joe Louis? Muhammad Ali?

Didn't DUI-Ty say on some video 'dont let these lightskin ****** beat you' talm bout curry and klay?

Theres a large bit of anonymosity in the black community between lightskin people and brownskin/darkskin people. Clearly deep rooted feeling from the slave days and the separation between house and field slaves based on looks and shades. And then the perceived notion of whom is better than simply because of the darkness or lightskin of their complexsion. I've seen it first hand my whole life. It's while as the world aroudn us gets more and more mixed that this is still a thing in our community. It certainly is though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom