Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ali for sure was brownskin. basically the same color as chance the rapper. Just not dark brownskin.

Joe was pretty fairskin if i recall correctly. But still had darker features. Curry has green eyes and red hair lol. I'm sure he got hella names called at him growing up. :smh:

Ball Brothers about to keep lightskin on the map after Curry retires.

Last edited:
This is turning into a full fledged colorism discussion, isn't it?

It is....[emoji]128548[/emoji][emoji]128554[/emoji].

Dudes are simplifying it....when it's a majority of factors including privilege, perception, colorism etc that comes into play.

Could've had a real discussion....but this is NT :lol:

I'm not buying this narrative that Curry doesn't get heat from the media. He was heavily steamed for losing last year, he was claimed to not "show up" during the first Finals despite putting up 25, 5 & 5 during that stretch. The thing with Steph is that he doesn't really give you anything to talk about, one of the cockiest athletes in the world when he's on court but off the court he keeps it pretty simple and calm.

I think guys are looking at the heat Lebron draws and comparing it to Curry, and that's skewing people's minds. Lebron draws that criticism because he constantly does things to trigger it. He also has had people literally calling him the greatest to ever play the game before he even won 1 championship, when your being discussed in those convos then your game is gonna be picked apart based off the praise alone.

Being light skin can have its issues. I once was working as a plumber at a mall me or the guys I was with weren't familiar with. The 2 guys I was with were white. Black dude asked us where some store was and we didn't know. He immediately assumed it was because we were all white on some racial ****. I'm half Black half Puerto Rican. Ha ha ha

You're severely out of touch if you don't think Steph gets some of the hate he does due to his skin.

I'm not buying this narrative that Curry doesn't get heat from the media. He was heavily steamed for losing last year, he was claimed to not "show up" during the first Finals despite putting up 25, 5 & 5 during that stretch. The thing with Steph is that he doesn't really give you anything to talk about, one of the cockiest athletes in the world when he's on court but off the court he keeps it pretty simple and calm.

I think guys are looking at the heat Lebron draws and comparing it to Curry, and that's skewing people's minds. Lebron draws that criticism because he constantly does things to trigger it. He also has had people literally calling him the greatest to ever play the game before he even won 1 championship, when your being discussed in those convos then your game is gonna be picked apart based off the praise alone.
People pick and choose when they play this card.

The Warriors, primarily Curry have been on the butt end of jokes on the internet and in the media for an entire year now. **** is ****** talking about he doesn't get "heat" 
laugh.gif

Same with KD. According to some of you weird *** ******...he's the biggest turncoat and fraud in NBA History. Him going to GS has been deemed WORST than what Lebron did by going to Miami. Again...**** is ****** talking about he doesn't get "heat"?

I will say with Curry...he didn't become hated until the tail end of that 2015 run. When he was ascending to that...he was either relatively well-liked...or not even discussed that much because he wasn't in that Supertstar category yet. 

At the end of the day...**** is all jokes. If you wanna keep it buck...every sports critic is like the 2 dudes from that Carmelo Anthony Foot Lockers commercial. ****** enjoy sports...and enjoy debating so there you have it. All these dudes we "hate" are all hall of fame athletes. 

I don't remember curry getting hated on so much about 2 years ago. Most of this hate is from players, Curry is the NBA Golden child. I think most of it is from how popular he became overnight. LeBron is jealous of him and the love he gets, so is Cp3 and Russ.

If we can keep it funky Steph is cocky as ****. Like he's not humble at all. I'm a fan of his game and that **** still rubs me the wrong way. I lowkey hate the over the top showboating culture him and the warriors have perpetrated of acting like damn fools during games. Seen a kid from Oregon in the tourney squirming on the ground like a damn goldfish and I was just smh :smh:..they take that **** too far. And then the whole 'I love God' schtick comes off not as a front but like an alibi for his heathen ways. Like them church people that think it's ok for them to gossip and judge because they're 'saved'.

So basically curry brings that type of heat on himself with his antics. No different from other arrogant athletes a la Kobe or Barry bonds. Don't have nothing to do with his nouget

Last edited:
If we can keep it funky Steph is cocky as ****. Like he's not humble at all. I'm a fan of his game and that **** still rubs me the wrong way. I lowkey hate the over the top showboating culture him and the warriors have perpetrated of acting like damn fools during games. Seen a kid from Oregon in the tourney squirming on the ground like a damn goldfish and I was just smh :smh:..they take that **** too far. And then the whole 'I love God' schtick comes off not as a front but like an alibi for his heathen ways. Like them church people that think it's ok for them to gossip and judge because they're 'saved'.

So basically curry brings that type of heat on himself with his antics. No different from other arrogant athletes a la Kobe or Barry bonds. Don't have nothing to do with his nouget

QFT

Difference is Steph is Cocky ON THE COURT, i can't think of one thing he's done off the court that would deem him as cocky (For reference my Favorite player is Kobe so idgaf about a player being cocky if he backs it up). A lot of the hate comes when your being discussed more. He won a chip two MVP's and had one of the best seasons in NBA history so discussion is gonna ramp up from supporters & detractors. Hell Russ this year is an example of that.

When your on top people are gonna start gunning for you harder it's just part of the game.

People pick and choose when they play this card.

The Warriors, primarily Curry have been on the butt end of jokes on the internet and in the media for an entire year now. **** is ****** talking about he doesn't get "heat" 
laugh.gif

Same with KD. According to some of you weird *** ******...he's the biggest turncoat and fraud in NBA History. Him going to GS has been deemed WORST than what Lebron did by going to Miami. Again...**** is ****** talking about he doesn't get "heat"?

I will say with Curry...he didn't become hated until the tail end of that 2015 run. When he was ascending to that...he was either relatively well-liked...or not even discussed that much because he wasn't in that Supertstar category yet. 

At the end of the day...**** is all jokes. If you wanna keep it buck...every sports critic is like the 2 dudes from that Carmelo Anthony Foot Lockers commercial. ****** enjoy sports...and enjoy debating so there you have it. All these dudes we "hate" are all hall of fame athletes. 
Exactly... he got heat when he went to the Warriors. Prior to that he never really got heat...even the ***** said it himself in an interview b. But now that they teamed up, best believe they're gonna get all da heat if they lose or don't live up to expectations obviously. Same with Steph. 

wardell only cocky and arrogant on the court though. that's exactly where they should be feeling themselves. I dont have a problem with it. if you're a bad man, say it loud. He's hella humble and understated in interviews and all other spots though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom