Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Becuz no1 wants to watch indiana past the 1st round...lebron avg like 40 against them...miller time is just a memory of heat checks

Why we gotta get the Cavs b 
mean.gif
Easy sweep
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Nah not gonna sweep us, that's a bet I'll take all day
nerd.gif
. But we probably about to take this L. 

Last edited:
Surprised with the tip-off time for Game 1 and 4 of the Cavs vs Pacers series. Bron is prime time TV. They have them setup in NBA TV land with those starts, even with those games being on Saturday and Sunday respectively. You would think it would be a little later in the evening on both games.

I see the Raps/Bucks and the Wiz/Hawks will be getting that NBATV treatment

I also see that Game 3 of LAC/Jazz will be on ESPN2. They usually do this?

Does Joel have a house out there or was he visiting someone? And Joel actually took a recruiting trip to the University of Virginia? Whoa

LOS ANGELES -- Joel Embiid is lounging on the couch in a private home in Pacific Palisades, spinning yarns about hunting lions, offering reviews of his favorite television movies and showing a visitor how he can flex his left knee without any pain. There's no brace, no crutches and, he says, no problem with his left knee, which was surgically repaired on March 24.

"I feel very lucky," Embiid said in his first public comments since his operation to repair a meniscus tear. "When I went into that surgery, I went in thinking I was going to have a six-month recovery. That's what they told me: six months or more. I'm thinking, 'No, not again.'

"When they did the MRI [before the surgery], it looked like my meniscus was fully torn. But when they got it in there, they realized that wasn't the case. It really turned out to be nothing, just a small, little thing. So that's very good."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...elphia-76ers-says-knee-bad-originally-thought

Looking at the brackets the 5 over the 4 are the only upsets I see in each conference

I don't know why, but I don't fear you guys like year's past.

At the end of the day, it'll be how well we respond when SAS put Kawhi on Conley. Our top 6 guys have performed well as of late, but its outside of the top 6 that concern me. Will need guys like B Wright, Daniels, Ennis, Selden or whomever to step up when needed. Ready to see if we have another drive to kick in because guys like Marc and TA have been coasting.

Last edited:
If Aldridge can play like LA from the Blazers the Spurs can get to the WCF. But he's been so damn mediocre. Def dont trust them this year in any series.

Celtics vs Wizards breakdown...

The basketball world needs—nay, deserves—a bloodbath between these two bitter rivals. With any luck, that’s just what we’ll get.

The Boston Celtics will leave behind one perimeter-oriented foe in Chicago for another in D.C. There will be no place for Isaiah Thomas to hide on defense against the Washington Wizards, not with the threat Otto Porter Jr. has become. Nor can a deep Boston team count on taking advantage of Washington’s second unit now that Brandon Jennings and Bojan Bogdanovic have settled in as legitimate threats off the bench.

If this series devolves into the high-scoring showdown that these team’s nearly identical offensive efficiency marks suggests, the C’s could have a tough time keeping up with the Wizards’ wealth of firepower.

That is, unless Jae Crowder and Avery Bradley can catch fire like Beal, Porter and Bogdanovic seem to do regularly.

The Wizards have long had the talent to go deep into the postseason. Under Scott Brooks, they look like they have finally put it all together, at least on the offensive end.

Boston, meanwhile, started off the IT3 era with back-to-back first-round ousters. A trip to the second round, with a team still lacking the proper support for its diminutive star, might be the ceiling for these C’s.

Prediction: Wizards in 6

Celtics vs Wizards breakdown...

The basketball world needs—nay, deserves—a bloodbath between these two bitter rivals. With any luck, that’s just what we’ll get.

The Boston Celtics will leave behind one perimeter-oriented foe in Chicago for another in D.C. There will be no place for Isaiah Thomas to hide on defense against the Washington Wizards, not with the threat Otto Porter Jr. has become. Nor can a deep Boston team count on taking advantage of Washington’s second unit now that Brandon Jennings and Bojan Bogdanovic have settled in as legitimate threats off the bench.

If this series devolves into the high-scoring showdown that these team’s nearly identical offensive efficiency marks suggests, the C’s could have a tough time keeping up with the Wizards’ wealth of firepower.

That is, unless Jae Crowder and Avery Bradley can catch fire like Beal, Porter and Bogdanovic seem to do regularly.

The Wizards have long had the talent to go deep into the postseason. Under Scott Brooks, they look like they have finally put it all together, at least on the offensive end.

Boston, meanwhile, started off the IT3 era with back-to-back first-round ousters. A trip to the second round, with a team still lacking the proper support for its diminutive star, might be the ceiling for these C’s.

Prediction: Wizards in 6
Make sure you have my money ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom