Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanna convince myself of this happening but I just can't

Thunder won't be able to keep up pts wise. They have great shooters shooting 40, 50 3s in a game and ****. Thunder can't keep up with that.

Harden will get rockets good looks. If they make them they win if they miss okc wins and the rockets shouldn't be so cold that they lose 4 times in 7 games to an inferior team
Roberson has kept Harden in check though this season. Sans that last matchup every single game has been 1 possession. We've seen the greatest 3 point shooting team of all time go cold for extended stretches. Houston doesn't even shoot it that well, just volume. I've gone back in forth, but I think this is definitely going the distance (7 games) and OKC won't have near the amount of lulls they've had on offense now that Russ is going to be out there 40 minutes a night. This has such a feeling similar to that 06 Suns/Lakers series. 

Last edited:
When Harden goes to the bench the Rockets can sustain something.

When Russ goes to the bench... Pandemonium.

The Thunder aren't winning.

He won't be going to the bench nearly as much. He's played 40 minutes only 5 times this season. Dude is going to be at 42 or more every game guaranteed. 

Roberson has kept Harden in check though this season. Sans that last matchup every single game has been 1 possession. We've seen the greatest 3 point shooting team of all time go cold for extended stretches. Houston doesn't even shoot it that well, just volume. I've gone back in forth, but I think this is definitely going the distance (7 games) and OKC won't have near the amount of lulls they've had on offense now that Russ is going to be out there 40 minutes a night. This has such a feeling similar to that 06 Suns/Lakers series. 

Did you watch any of the games or you just looking at the box scores?

Their volume on 3s is so wild that they don't have to be that efficient to create a pt differential from the 3pt line that a team like OKC won't be able to overcome

He won't be going to the bench nearly as much. He's played 40 minutes only 5 times this season. Dude is going to be at 42 or more every game guaranteed. 
And they'll likely already be down in those minutes and the barrage of threes will come.

Their volume on 3s is so wild that they don't have to be that efficient to create a pt differential from the 3pt line that a team like OKC won't be able to overcome
We'll see. They shot a higher percentage against OKC than their regular season average (60-160/38%) on an average of 40 attempts a game. They average 36% on 40 attempts a game. Unless they up the attempts even more these are going to be close contests when you factor in Russ being out there more. We've seen them go cold for long stretches within games. 

As of right now I got the Rockets in 7, but it's literally a toss up and I want to see how they defend the 3 in Game 1. 

Last edited:
Only way Rockets/Thunder goes 7 if the NBA wants it to.  Otherwise we can match OKC defensively and out gun offensively.

Rockets in 5.

Steph + anybody probably does really well but man imagine Steph/Beard. Too much for me

Hope Beard gets some type of marquee player to play with. PG or Blake hopefully

Mike Vorkunov @Mike_Vorkunov

What if Carmelo wants to stay? Jackson says he told him: "We have't won here. You don’t want to end your career" w' a label as a non-winner
3:01 PM - 14 Apr 2017

24 24 Retweets

Kristaps Porzingis skipped exit meetings with New York Knicks management due to frustration over what he perceives as the dysfunction and drama surrounding the organization, team sources told ESPN.com.

The Knicks have struggled in Porzingis' two seasons in New York, losing a combined 101 games.

Porzingis, according to team sources, is frustrated with the lack of direction with the team, which is headed by team president Phil Jackson.

Link

Phil don't give a **** about the Knicks. :lol:

He just want to kick back and get that check. He accidentally got it right with Kristaps.

Lol at yall not realizing the zen master is playing his mind games on melo. Phil doesn't really want melo to leave, he wants to motivate him. Melo is gonna have a career season & win MVP next year, while leading the Knicks to the finals. Mark my words.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom