Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I would've started Harden immediately. He was already playing over 30 mins a night :lol: I wouldn't have kept bringing him off the bench at all. I'm not saying keep Harden & keep your rotations & offense exactly the same as 2012. The players evolve, so should your rotations & approach.

And these guys are ball dominant because that's what you're asking them to do :lol: James & Durant in particular are fully capable of flourishing off the ball. They don't need to play with the ball every single time down the floor. We saw how Wade adjusted when Bron came, we see how Durant is adjusting now. These are dynamic, high IQ players man.

Scott Brooks probably wouldn't have made it work, but that's a coaching issue, not a personnel one. I would've kept all three. That means Harden isn't averaging 29 & 12 assists, Russ isn't averaging 30/10/10, that doesn't mean that they're less effective. KD has the lowest usage rate, but the highest PER of his career right now.

Once again I see what you're saying but Harden isn't as effective off the ball as Wade or KD.

He's a PG, always has been and this is the first year he really has gotten to prove that.

It's also why he worked so well off the bench because he was the primary ballhandler.

Having all the money tied up in those guys wouldn't allow OKC to add any other shooters/pieces either and would probably have enabled Brooks to keep his job.

It's not about the numbers they are putting up now it's about the fit, like you just said Russ and Harden putting up career numbers and playing at their best because they are ball dominant.

KD playing his best in without being as usage heavy because he is the one who is immune to that, Russ or Harden off the ball is not getting the most out of them and one of them would've had to always be to make it work.

Him not flourishing off the ball has more to do with coaching (Brooks) & timing (he only had ONE season where he finally put it all together & OKC had no backup PG so that was his role.) He's better equipped than Wade to flourish off the ball given his jumpshot, so I'm not trading a player with his talents under the idea that he's can't be devastating off the ball. I flatly disagree with that given that there isn't anything he can't do offensively.

He's a combo guard fam, not purely one or the other. His numbers were virtually identical in the reg season & the playoffs, including that disastrous Miami series. So it really didn't matter who he shared the court with or what his role was, he was equally effective. So I don't know where you're getting that from.

I mean yea :lol: that's how superteams work. You use all your space on 3-4 guys, with hopes that their greatness will cover up the other holes on your roster. It's worked in the past.

It's not an ideal fit, but neither was Lebron & Wade w/ Spoelstra as the coach. KD & Harden can do everything on offense, I'm just not seeing how they wouldn't be devastating off-ball players. They'd be taking open shots all day with Russ putting pressure on the defense. Or they'd be going 1on1 with minimal help.

But the point is moot since Bennett didn't wanna pay up :lol:

Millionaire Mike Conley been a top 15 player looking at the #'s so far. :nerd:

Always knew he could do it. He just needed the keys to the team and the system to do it.

This should've happened 2 seasons ago after Hollins left, but we were still stuck on the pound that junt inside mentality. Now, he may only have 2 good years left in him to see this type of production instead of 4.

I'm more impressed with Marc thus far considering the type of injury he had. Not playing the DPOY defense he had a few years ago, but a lot better than last season. After the terrible shooting start, he's pulling the number back up to a more respectable %. 3PT% has been a shock. I'm expecting some regression in that department, but he's at 41% now. He will probably end up around 36-38%, which is still great.

Also, Jimmy B with a 29 PER and a 63 TS%. :x

I mean I knew Rose was holding things back (hi Knicks) but ****.

Free Tyson Chandler! Even if he isn't the TC from 2010-2013, he's still serviceable and should be playing for a contender.

I love how Capela and Nene are either finishing at the rim on these lobs/putbacks, or getting fouled and *gasps* making the FTs. Great change of pace.

Capela finally being what we thought he could be. :pimp:

And yes, those black HOU jerseys are fire and should be their mains.

I've always hated bum juice Tyson Chandler for some reason the outfits been getting by on reputation

dwight held capela back. son doing work now.

this is the year of the player getting out of other players shadows and getting jango unchained. the d is silent.

#netstape :pimp:

I was told they weren't getting better any time soon :lol:. Imagine if they had Tyler and that other rfa they tried to get whose name escapes me. You'd think I'd get tired of being right all the time but tbh it never gets old

Boston :rofl:

Ever since this post, they've been getting scraped by 20 every night. :lol:

View media item 2243271
NT jinx is undefeated.

NT jinx truly is real.

A-Friend said the other day Lakers were lowkey tanking, then they go out and smash hawks.

so you got jinx's and reverse double helix jinx's

cavs are winning it all this year. :nerd:

NT jinx truly is real.

A-Friend said the other day Lakers were lowkey tanking, then they go out and smash hawks.

so you got jinx's and reverse double helix jinx's

cavs are winning it all this year. :nerd:
Knicks are gonna beat us Wednesday and then again Friday

roll.gif

even that seemed like he was telling a joke. he couldnt even be tough without that doofy *** smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom