Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Harden hate was as recent as last season

I was 1 of his biggest haters. 1. He Came out of shape to start the season while dating Kloe, after games he'd be at strip clubs, clubs, etc.
2. Dwight drama. They both hated each other and it was the worst kept secret
3. So many turnovers last season. Terrible bounce passes
4. The Defense

This year he came in great shape that's basically where we start. Not the greatest vocal leader but you can tell how easy the game is for him and it's fun to watch....so far

Last edited:
That Pacer Defense and Pacer efficiency happened.

I know it's easy to think they have no business losing with PG13 out but fact is, If PG played Indy would have got blown out.

They are a much simpler team with out PG, they play much better and it shows.

#FreePaulGeorge

Last edited:
Lakers beat the Hawks with no D'Lo or Randle, handily too. Nah I'm slowly starting to believe Kobe was the reason for the franchise's worst regular season record last year. This doesn't make sense. Lakers really might be a 7th seed in the west this season, barring no major injuries to any rotation players.

:wow:

Lakers beat the Hawks with no D'Lo or Randle, handily too. Nah I'm slowly starting to believe Kobe was the reason for the franchise's worst regular season record last year. This doesn't make sense. Lakers really might be a 7th seed in the west this season, barring no major injuries to any rotation players.

Lakers have the best bench in the League.
Their bench is better than more than a few teams starting lineup.
Consider the fact that 2 guys from LAL bench shouldn't be on the bench they should start in place of DLo/Randle and well, you kind of don't miss those two really. (Halfassss joking but yea)

Lakers have the best bench in the League.
Their bench is better than more than a few teams starting lineup.
Consider the fact that 2 guys from LAL bench shouldn't be on the bench they should start in place of DLo/Randle and well, you kind of don't miss those two really. (Halfassss joking but yea)

Hmmmm true stuff

Can someone tell me what happen to deron Williams?
Looking over clips of his jazz days thinking WTF happen. I know he had some ankle injuries but son. I didn't expect his drop off to go this route.
Injuries are a *****.

He was great when the nets were in NJ too.
Sure was. Made an all star team practically playing 1 on 5 with them. But injuries coupled with a bad attitude is his downfall.

Kind of ridiculous that they had all 3 of those guys on the same team.

Even more ridiculous that they didn't want to pay to keep all 3 of them on the same team :lol:

Even more ridiculous that they didn't want to pay to keep all 3 of them on the same team :lol:

I feel you but at the same time, how long could you have bought Harden off the bench really.

It just doesn't make sense to have 3 MVP level players who are all pretty ball dominant, there's just not enough possessions for everybody to properly get theirs.

It worked then because they were younger but eventually someone would've have to have been moved.

I would've been interested to see what Harden/KD/Ibaka and whatever they got for Russ looked like though.

I feel you but at the same time, how long could you have bought Harden off the bench really.

It just doesn't make sense to have 3 MVP level players who are all pretty ball dominant, there's just not enough possessions for everybody to properly get theirs.

It worked then because they were younger but eventually someone would've have to have been moved.

I would've been interested to see what Harden/KD/Ibaka and whatever they got for Russ looked like though.

Well, I would've started Harden immediately. He was already playing over 30 mins a night :lol: I wouldn't have kept bringing him off the bench at all. I'm not saying keep Harden & keep your rotations & offense exactly the same as 2012. The players evolve, so should your rotations & approach.

And these guys are ball dominant because that's what you're asking them to do :lol: James & Durant in particular are fully capable of flourishing off the ball. They don't need to play with the ball every single time down the floor. We saw how Wade adjusted when Bron came, we see how Durant is adjusting now. These are dynamic, high IQ players man.

Scott Brooks probably wouldn't have made it work, but that's a coaching issue, not a personnel one. I would've kept all three. That means Harden isn't averaging 29 & 12 assists, Russ isn't averaging 30/10/10, that doesn't mean that they're less effective. KD has the lowest usage rate, but the highest PER of his career right now.

Last edited:
If Ingram takes a quick step up they could seriously be a playoff team.. mind blowing

Black and nance are some of the funnest bench bigs..

It's mind blowing as to what Tarik has become. Out of all the talent that came out of my HS, I didn't think he would be the one to make it. He was basically under the radar his entire time in HS and wasn't even the best player on his team. :lol: Then, he wasn't even that good in college. Proud of him

Last edited:
Love Larry Nance man, knew he was a steal for LAL where they got him in the draft.

Just does all the right things on the court especially on defense, great athlete + he got the gene.

Denver's Wilson Chandler has scored 25+ points in back-to-back games twice this season. It didn't happen once in his first nine NBA seasons.
I find this bizarre for some reason

Well, I would've started Harden immediately. He was already playing over 30 mins a night :lol: I wouldn't have kept bringing him off the bench at all. I'm not saying keep Harden & keep your rotations & offense exactly the same as 2012. The players evolve, so should your rotations & approach.

And these guys are ball dominant because that's what you're asking them to do :lol: James & Durant in particular are fully capable of flourishing off the ball. They don't need to play with the ball every single time down the floor. We saw how Wade adjusted when Bron came, we see how Durant is adjusting now. These are dynamic, high IQ players man.

Scott Brooks probably wouldn't have made it work, but that's a coaching issue, not a personnel one. I would've kept all three. That means Harden isn't averaging 29 & 12 assists, Russ isn't averaging 30/10/10, that doesn't mean that they're less effective. KD has the lowest usage rate, but the highest PER of his career right now.

Once again I see what you're saying but Harden isn't as effective off the ball as Wade or KD.

He's a PG, always has been and this is the first year he really has gotten to prove that.

It's also why he worked so well off the bench because he was the primary ballhandler.

Having all the money tied up in those guys wouldn't allow OKC to add any other shooters/pieces either and would probably have enabled Brooks to keep his job.

It's not about the numbers they are putting up now it's about the fit, like you just said Russ and Harden putting up career numbers and playing at their best because they are ball dominant.

KD playing his best in without being as usage heavy because he is the one who is immune to that, Russ or Harden off the ball is not getting the most out of them and one of them would've had to always be to make it work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom