Official Air Jordan 2011 thread

I'm riding with Tinker on this one...Can't wait til these drop
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Vuey

Originally Posted by dj2up10

So the insoles are interchangeable right? Between air/zoom?

Will someone explain what makes sense about putting a carbon fiber shank into an insole? I've never hated on the choice between zoom and air, and felt the 21 and 22s worked quite well. However, having a piece of carbon fiber inserted into a flimsy insole rather than a part of the structure of the shoe makes ZERO sense as the supposed top of the line hoop shoe on the market.
I read an article that the added support of the carbon fibre shank provide extra strenght to the mid sole which helped prolong Jordan's career . Since the XI's , all Air Jordan sig line have carbon fibre shanks, As Michael insisted it is a "must have" on his sig shoes.

The problem i see here is Air Jordans have crossed over into mainstream fashion, people like myself buy these to wear casually and look at the asthectics of the shoes rather than the performance/cutting edge technology behind it. Being the signiture line shoe, i will wait for them to drop to sale price and i'll pick up a pair.
tongue.gif

Both posts are very well said.  
The insole isn't going to look the same over time with all the wear and tear, I'd be surprised if the carbon fiber plate is still attached to the insole after taking beatings on the court.  

Originally Posted by cris77stan

Liking the new pics, but these are looking like a 2011 version of the XIs, which is not a bad thing

Cant wait to see the Black/charcoal pair that release in April, if theyre charcoal mesh black upper/midsole with a red outsole, can someone PS this
i got you. 
14mx45f.jpg

24q32fn.jpg

2upyc0g.jpg

another cw i cooked up many more in the sneaker art forum.

Originally Posted by dj2up10

So the insoles are interchangeable right? Between air/zoom?

Will someone explain what makes sense about putting a carbon fiber shank into an insole? I've never hated on the choice between zoom and air, and felt the 21 and 22s worked quite well. However, having a piece of carbon fiber inserted into a flimsy insole rather than a part of the structure of the shoe makes ZERO sense as the supposed top of the line hoop shoe on the market.

I think it adds in the stability of the shoe. I notice Kobe's use it also.

I felt it worked well on the XXI's. I think a lot of people slept on those as far as basketball and duarbility.
I never found the XXII's particularly comfortable and was a failure overall.

i still wonder what happened with the low full length zoom experiment as in the 2010 and alpha 1. putting the cushioning in the insole is the complete opposite of that idea.

Originally Posted by eltouha

i still wonder what happened with the low full length zoom experiment as in the 2010 and alpha 1. putting the cushioning in the insole is the complete opposite of that idea.
good question. since you thought to ask, what's your opinion? have you balled in both low full length zoom (alpha or 2010) and normal full length zoom (zoom bb1/bb2)? i prefer the immediate comfort of normal full length zoom. but long-term, the bottom loaded zoom seems to hold up better.

anybody have any interviews with design staff talking about the technical aspects of zoom and perhaps why they're going in this direction after taking such a different tact last year?

thanks.

^Maybe once we get an "official" press release from JB, that may answer alot of questions. That does seem like a "regression" in cushioning setup. The way Tinker spoke about the "bottom-loaded Zoom" in the 2010's, it was as if he utilized an awesome discovery. Same with "tech flex", "ips", etc... One hit wonders. I think the Air Jordan line in general has been that way after the VIIIs. New tech was introduced, then....disapprears. Whereas Kobe's and Lebron's line, each shoe keeps part of the formula of the previous.

Originally Posted by justice4all2028

good question. since you thought to ask, what's your opinion? have you balled in both low full length zoom (alpha or 2010) and normal full length zoom (zoom bb1/bb2)? i prefer the immediate comfort of normal full length zoom. but long-term, the bottom loaded zoom seems to hold up better.

anybody have any interviews with design staff talking about the technical aspects of zoom and perhaps why they're going in this direction after taking such a different tact last year?

thanks.

Honestly, the bottom loaded zoom in the 2010 is the most supportive J I've had. It's amazing. I didn't realize how un-supportive all my other kicks were until I wore the 2010's. They are super comfortable. I feel like JB scrapped the idea of the bottom loaded zoom so they could add the gimmick of the interchangeable soles to the 2011. Otherwise, it really makes no sense. The 2010's really lock down your ankle/foot and have a comfortable feel to them. I hope the 2011 isn't a step down in terms of comfort. I'd be VERY disappointed.

Note: I do believe that the combination of the 2010's ankle lockdown and the bottom length zoom is integral. The Alpha 1's didn't feel nearly as comfortable as 2010, and really felt bulky/heavy/goofy.

Does anyone know when jumpman23.com will launch videos on the breakdown of the AJ2011? I do not remember what month it was last year when they had the videos on the 2010? Any ideas? I really like the 2 colors I've seen thus far.

at 1st glance, it lookd like a basic team shoe but after lookn at the details, they quickly grew on me.

with the interchangeable sole & that soft full tongue, u can tell that these will be crazy comfy.

they look lightweight but i'm thinkn u gotta still wear ankle braces when balln.

that huge jumpman on the back looks sick too!

im curious wut the FL exclusive will look like.

these will be bought, and worn to Chappel Hill just like the 2010 carolina's! and hopefully JB puts out that same black and "university blue", a.k.a. "Carolina Blue". worldwide, GO HEELS!

i agree that the bottom loaded zoom is the best configuration so far. i love both my 2010 and alphas. the one thing the 2010 had substantially on top of them is the separated toe box. these two aspects really should have been retained imo.

i agree that the bottom loaded zoom is the best configuration so far. i love both my 2010 and alphas. the one thing the 2010 had substantially on top of them is the separated toe box. these two aspects really should have been retained imo.

Its crazy how these new innovations dont get much attention. The separated toe box is unbelievable how such a large toebox can go uncreased. I also think people ignore the fact that if you wear the color socks JB created for the 2010s in mind, the window really blends into the shoe. Complain all you want about having to buy the socks, but it def adds style beyond the shoe itself. The carolinas and all blacks can easily be worn with all black socks too.

Maybe a fetch, but I don't think these were randomly designed to look like the XI.  They were purposely designed to be an "updated" version hence the 11 in 2011?

Just my opinion, don't fire me guys
embarassed.gif

All the haters are either gonna eat their words or they're whylin...the concord XI are easily my favorite Jordan and the same probably goes for a large amount of others. This is as close/similar to that shoe as a designer can get while being different/advanced (I guess besides 6 rings). They're clean and mark my words

...WHEN PICS DROP OF THESE WORN WITH JEANS A LOT OF PEOPLE WILL CHANGE THEIR TUNE.

They are a little boring and I think it's because there's no patent leather. If the black part was patent leather IT'D BE A WRAP.Can someone do a patent leather Photoshop?

Originally Posted by CEO InSane

^Maybe once we get an "official" press release from JB, that may answer alot of questions. That does seem like a "regression" in cushioning setup. The way Tinker spoke about the "bottom-loaded Zoom" in the 2010's, it was as if he utilized an awesome discovery. Same with "tech flex", "ips", etc... One hit wonders. I think the Air Jordan line in general has been that way after the VIIIs. New tech was introduced, then....disapprears. Whereas Kobe's and Lebron's line, each shoe keeps part of the formula of the previous.

That's why I think JB has fallen behind with the technology in a lot of aspects and instead has been releasing gimmicks. They tell us how great this new technology is(like the 2K9) only for it to never to be seen or heard from again. They did the same with the window last year. It's amuising watching people try and defend this new "technology" every year.

Not much has carried over besides the use of zoom air, the XXI and XXII and carbon fiber plates.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by CEO InSane

That's why I think JB has fallen behind with the technology in a lot of aspects and instead has been releasing gimmicks. They tell us how great this new technology is(like the 2K9) only for it to never to be seen or heard from again. They did the same with the window last year. It's amuising watching people try and defend this new "technology" every year.

Not much has carried over besides the use of zoom air, the XXI and XXII and carbon fiber plates.

The new technology of the 2010 was the bottom loaded zoom, and the separated toe box. Both of which were amazing. The window was only a design gimmick. It was not anything more than that. I am frustrated at the removal of the bottom loaded zoom and the introduction of the new interchangeable insoles gimmick though. They should have stuck with the bottom loaded zoom and the separated toe box and adjusted from there.

Back
Top Bottom