Official Atheist/Non-Believer Appreciation Thread. Vol. Yes we exist

Originally Posted by Solaga

Good luck my friend of being a atheist. I ain't mad at ya.

I have to sleep on it but I'm almost 100% sure this is the worst song ever recorded in the history of music. And this is coming from a HUGE Bone Thugs fan.

My thing is (along with that earlier quote about all the other religions necessarily dismissed by people of faith), where is God now? He used to be involved in%##! according to the Bible, what's going on now? After Jesus he just figured "Screw it, we'll just take 2000+ years off then come in and have arapture" ? Nowadays, if someone comes out claiming to have some new revelation, he's looked at as at best misguided, and at worst insane. Why didthings used to be different?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." --Stephen F. Roberts
I like this.
pimp.gif
absolutely one of my favorite quotes regarding theism. Richard Dawkins said basically the same thing...

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further."

I always ask this of my friends that believe in God; if there is a god, how would you rate his performance? Like all in all, do you think he is doing a prettygood job? Floods, Famine, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, etc...Is he doing a good job? All of those 'mysterious ways' of his, how are those working out foryou? All the good *%@@ that happens to you that you know exactly why it happened, God can't really take the credit for that. The babies, promotions, gamewinning shots, not being ******ed...all of those things we can point to why they happen. The bad catastrophic stuff, not so much. 'Oh *%@@, anearthquake.....Damn god, I wish your mysterious ways were nicer and not in such an prick manner.'

Here's the thing, if there is a god, and there isn't, he is a prick. He is worse than your friend that puts his feet up on your couch while wearingshoes. If god created the world in six laughable days and rested the 7th, he hasn't been doing anything of any good since that sixth day. God, your restis over. How about not being such a prick. How about not working in mysterious ways and actually work in some good ways. Ways that can't be confused foryou being an a-hole.

And for the people that pray to him and reach for such guidance, I don't believe in god and am doing pretty well. I have survived lengthy amounts ofdebauched weekends without a single STD or baby (that I know of), a brilliant coke habit, and the occasional urinating on the holiest of basilicas. I am doingwell without ever uttering a meaningless prayer or without ever praying for someone else. As far as I am concerned, God is a meaningless entity that onlyleaves you empty. When your friend is raped or your daughter is born with the hair lip that makes her look like a mouse, please keep in mind that I once didheroin with Lou Reed while swimming in a lake of AIDS.

My thing is (along with that earlier quote about all the other religions necessarily dismissed by people of faith), where is God now? He used to be involved in %##! according to the Bible, what's going on now? After Jesus he just figured "Screw it, we'll just take 2000+ years off then come in and have a rapture" ? Nowadays, if someone comes out claiming to have some new revelation, he's looked at as at best misguided, and at worst insane. Why did things used to be different?

he is givng us time! he can not come untill the gospel has been spread enough and people have the chance to see the light and exept it or reject it, and sincehe is not bound by time 2,000 years to him is a blink of an eye, we bound him by time "hurry up!" when he is doing everything in his perfect timingjust like e said he would in the Word

Originally Posted by ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821

My thing is (along with that earlier quote about all the other religions necessarily dismissed by people of faith), where is God now? He used to be involved in %##! according to the Bible, what's going on now? After Jesus he just figured "Screw it, we'll just take 2000+ years off then come in and have a rapture" ? Nowadays, if someone comes out claiming to have some new revelation, he's looked at as at best misguided, and at worst insane. Why did things used to be different?

he is givng us time! he can not come untill the gospel has been spread enough and people have the chance to see the light and exept it or reject it, and since he is not bound by time 2,000 years to him is a blink of an eye, we bound him by time "hurry up!" when he is doing everything in his perfect timing just like e said he would in the Word
2000 years is a blink of the eye but the world is only 6000ish years old? Something doesn't add up. What's perfect about his timing?Seriously, it must be nice to be able to spit out meaningless blanket statements as proof.

And that quote makes perfect sense, because your comparison is ridiculous. When you buy a pair of pants you don't believe that it is th only right pair ofpants in the world and that everyone who doesn't wear them is wrong? Do you? Do you think they'll be condemned to hell for not fitting into your pants?

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further."

that's like saying I didnt find a pair of pants that fit perfect in one store and Im WRONG because I went to another store and found one that fits perfectand was custom made for me..........I went one God further because this God was truth! how does that quote even make sence?..........that like saying to a dude"we are all really single you just went one girl further and found a wife that you love"

that's like saying I didnt find a pair of pants that fit perfect in one store and Im WRONG because I went to another store and found one that fits perfect and was custom made for me..........I went one God further because this God was truth! how does that quote even make sence?..........that like saying to a dude "we are all really single you just went one girl further and found a wife that you love"

Not at all. What he is saying is that you only believe in one god more than I do. You reject every other god, I reject yours. Why do you reject all of thoseother gods? That is why I reject yours.

And it's funny, the OP "Lizett" is a complete herb and gets flammed everytime he post, all it took was the "Hey look at me, I'matheist/hypebeast/rebel because I go against the grain in order to justify why my life really sucks" road and the same dudes who are lame like him embraceand show him love. By seeing how Lizett is a lame it makes sense he is atheist.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Religion was created by the government to give people a sense of "hope" and to keep them from realizing what's really going on in the world and what our future has in store for us. 1 world government, New World Order, aliens living on earth etc.
Religion in it's purest sense...the belief in a higher being has been in existence long before "government" ever was

I was just typing this

When I say "government" I mean even back in the days the people in power taught peasants or regular people watever you wanna call them religion sothey can believe in hope or a higher power to distract them. With time as civilization became more intelligent and advanced so did religion

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

And it's funny, the OP "Lizett" is a complete herb and gets flammed everytime he post, all it took was the "Hey look at me, I'm atheist/hypebeast/rebel because I go against the grain in order to justify why my life really sucks" road and the same dudes who are lame like him embrace and show him love. By seeing how Lizett is a lame it makes sense he is atheist.

Yes, he's the lame one.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

that's like saying I didnt find a pair of pants that fit perfect in one store and Im WRONG because I went to another store and found one that fits perfect and was custom made for me..........I went one God further because this God was truth! how does that quote even make sence?..........that like saying to a dude "we are all really single you just went one girl further and found a wife that you love"

Not at all. What he is saying is that you only believe in one god more than I do. You reject every other god, I reject yours. Why do you reject all of those other gods? That is why I reject yours.

i reject other God's because I find them to be wrong, and you reject mine because you think mine is wrong, but that does not make us alike........justbecause you dont like apples and i dont like oranges doessnt make us both fruit haters

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." --Stephen F. Roberts
I like this.
pimp.gif
absolutely one of my favorite quotes regarding theism. Richard Dawkins said basically the same thing...

I always ask this of my friends that believe in God; if there is a god, how would you rate his performance? Like all in all, do you think he is doing a pretty good job? Floods, Famine, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, etc...Is he doing a good job? All of those 'mysterious ways' of his, how are those working out for you? All the good *%@@ that happens to you that you know exactly why it happened, God can't really take the credit for that. The babies, promotions, game winning shots, not being ******ed...all of those things we can point to why they happen. The bad catastrophic stuff, not so much. 'Oh *%@@, an earthquake.....Damn god, I wish your mysterious ways were nicer and not in such an prick manner.'

Here's the thing, if there is a god, and there isn't, he is a prick. He is worse than your friend that puts his feet up on your couch while wearing shoes. If god created the world in six laughable days and rested the 7th, he hasn't been doing anything of any good since that sixth day. God, your rest is over. How about not being such a prick. How about not working in mysterious ways and actually work in some good ways. Ways that can't be confused for you being an a-hole.

And for the people that pray to him and reach for such guidance, I don't believe in god and am doing pretty well. I have survived lengthy amounts of debauched weekends without a single STD or baby (that I know of), a brilliant coke habit, and the occasional urinating on the holiest of basilicas. I am doing well without ever uttering a meaningless prayer or without ever praying for someone else. As far as I am concerned, God is a meaningless entity that only leaves you empty. When your friend is raped or your daughter is born with the hair lip that makes her look like a mouse, please keep in mind that I once did heroin with Lou Reed while swimming in a lake of AIDS.

Lobotomy I love this post man
pimp.gif

Religion was created by the government to give people a sense of "hope" and to keep them from realizing what's really going on in the world and what our future has in store for us. 1 world government, New World Order, aliens living on earth etc.
Religion in it's purest sense...the belief in a higher being has been in existence long before "government" ever was

I was just typing this

When I say "government" I mean even back in the days the people in power taught peasants or regular people watever you wanna call them religion so they can believe in hope or a higher power to distract them. With time as civilization became more intelligent and advanced so did religion

what in the? who told you this?........this may be your opinion on how things "went" but it's not truth, distract them from what?

Not at all. What he is saying is that you only believe in one god more than I do. You reject every other god, I reject yours. Why do you reject all of those other gods? That is why I reject yours.

i reject other God's because I find them to be wrong, and you reject mine because you think mine is wrong, but that does not make us alike........just because you dont like apples and i dont like oranges doessnt make us both fruit haters
All he is saying is that you are an atheist minus one. that is all. you reject most gods, i reject all.

i reject other God's because I find them to be wrong, and you reject mine because you think mine is wrong, but that does not make us alike........just because you dont like apples and i dont like oranges doessnt make us both fruit haters
All he is saying is that you are an atheist minus one. that is all. you reject most gods, i reject all.

well duh Im an atheist minus one, but that ONE makes me nothing close to an Atheist, the quote makes the implicattion that we are "close in thinking"but that ONE sets us very very far apart.........I may have one stone in my hand and you have none does that mean we are close to having the same thing stonewise just because we have hands? NO

I like this.
pimp.gif

I always ask this of my friends that believe in God; if there is a god, how would you rate his performance? Like all in all, do you think he is doing a pretty good job? Floods, Famine, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, etc...Is he doing a good job? All of those 'mysterious ways' of his, how are those working out for you? All the good *%@@ that happens to you that you know exactly why it happened, God can't really take the credit for that. The babies, promotions, game winning shots, not being ******ed...all of those things we can point to why they happen. The bad catastrophic stuff, not so much. 'Oh *%@@, an earthquake.....Damn god, I wish your mysterious ways were nicer and not in such an prick manner.'

Here's the thing, if there is a god, and there isn't, he is a prick. He is worse than your friend that puts his feet up on your couch while wearing shoes. If god created the world in six laughable days and rested the 7th, he hasn't been doing anything of any good since that sixth day. God, your rest is over. How about not being such a prick. How about not working in mysterious ways and actually work in some good ways. Ways that can't be confused for you being an a-hole.

And for the people that pray to him and reach for such guidance, I don't believe in god and am doing pretty well. I have survived lengthy amounts of debauched weekends without a single STD or baby (that I know of), a brilliant coke habit, and the occasional urinating on the holiest of basilicas. I am doing well without ever uttering a meaningless prayer or without ever praying for someone else. As far as I am concerned, God is a meaningless entity that only leaves you empty. When your friend is raped or your daughter is born with the hair lip that makes her look like a mouse, please keep in mind that I once did heroin with Lou Reed while swimming in a lake of AIDS.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
this guy lobotomy knows exactly how to word exactly what imthinking, big ups

I was just typing this

When I say "government" I mean even back in the days the people in power taught peasants or regular people watever you wanna call them religion so they can believe in hope or a higher power to distract them. With time as civilization became more intelligent and advanced so did religion

what in the? who told you this?........this may be your opinion on how things "went" but it's not truth, distract them from what?

Basically I see this world differently then most. I'm not the kind of guy to shoot down your beliefs because who knows who's right but I do have mybeliefs. I belive that television, music, movies, games, religion, etc. Is a used to distract humans from what the "government" have been plottingfor years. I do believe in the N.W.O and that Aliens have been living on earth for a long time. If their is a God I believe he is from another planet

I like this.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
Um, thanks.
wink.gif

well duh Im an atheist minus one, but that ONE makes me nothing close to an Atheist, the quote makes the implicattion that we are "close in thinking" but that ONE sets us very very far apart.........I may have one stone in my hand and you have none does that mean we are close to having the same thing stone wise just because we have hands? NO

you're going nuts with those analogies

well duh Im an atheist minus one, but that ONE makes me nothing close to an Atheist, the quote makes the implicattion that we are "close in thinking" but that ONE sets us very very far apart.........I may have one stone in my hand and you have none does that mean we are close to having the same thing stone wise just because we have hands? NO
see, I don't see that as being the implication. I think the only implication is that we both have reasons for rejecting god(s). Probably thesame reasons even. I don't think Dawkins or Roberts were trying to say anything other than that. While it may seem ludicrous for one to not believe ingod, realize that you don't believe in a lot of them either.

"you're going nuts with those analogies"

It's because people dont seem to "get it" any other way, It's what Jesus had to do when teaching

And if you cant see the reason for that quote and the "Implication" it's giving you are not seeing it's trying to conpare the two, when youcompare something you are either trying to show how different it is or how alike it is..........the implication is in the comparison how can you not see that?

(bbl, gotta go get food)

I like this.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
My man George Carlin explains it best... But lobotomy that was well put

Back
Top Bottom