Official BBQ thread

Having a vaccum seal for left over bbq is the best way to ensure freshness. And if you save the juices even better, you can do a "twice smoked shoulder"

Some of yall might inject brisket. Have yall had any success with using beer as the liquid plus other ingredients?

I want to try using craft beer but i have a feeling it might make my brisket dry.

What kind of cutting board yall using? Used to have a marble block broken off a counter top but someone jacked me for it :lol:

Was looking at boos block but the price is pretty dam stiff. Over 100$ for a basic sized board.

My buddy has a Boos Block. One of those buy it for life things I guess.

Personally wouldn't spend that much.

Maybe look into DIYing one? I might try and do one this summer.

Last edited:
What kind of cutting board yall using? Used to have a marble block broken off a counter top but someone jacked me for it :lol:

Was looking at boos block but the price is pretty dam stiff. Over 100$ for a basic sized board.

Bamboo cutting board from Costco. Came with 3 sizes for like $40? Has held up 3 years so far.

I used to work for CUTCO back in the day and one thing I learned from them is not to use wood based cutting boards since wood is so porous and has the tendency to hold onto bacteria.

I used to work for CUTCO back in the day and one thing I learned from them is not to use wood based cutting boards since wood is so porous and has the tendency to hold onto bacteria.

I've heard this as well.

Marble seems best but will be harder on your blades.

Maybe go to a counter top store and see if they have scraps to sell?

Yeah the bacteria thing is why i dont really want a wood board but if i get a plastic, or one of those rubber kind its still gona get cuts in it the same way as a wood board.

I might just stick to a wood board for slicing cooked meat only.

That brisket looks tender af.

Yeah its been a while since ive done a pork butt too.

I saw a video of a pulled BEEF shoulder. Looked amazing.

If anyone has any tips ill try and knock one out soon.

Last edited:
Yeah the bacteria thing is why i dont really want a wood board but if i get a plastic, or one of those rubber kind its still gona get cuts in it the same way as a wood board.

I might just stick to a wood board for slicing cooked meat only.
Yea but plastic isn't as porous as wood.

You can't wash stuff out of wood like you can plastic

not Jamaican but i love making jerk...
this is the base

bonnet pepper
all spice
ginger
maybe a little vinegar

or just get a pre made marinade...had this one recently it was decent...
View media item 2460394

Had a jamaican neighbor who used to make the best jerk chicken I ever had. Miss it so much ​
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom