Official Bitcoin Thread

I am why ? what happened I cant even sign on now

There are hackers that port sim cards over to burner phones to get peoples sms codes so they can sign onto coinbase, or any other sites that use that kind of weak authentication. You can read the jist of the hack here:

It is due to dumb MF'ers over at the cell phone companies who fall for Social Engineering hack.

There are hackers that port sim cards over to burner phones to get peoples sms codes so they can sign onto coinbase, or any other sites that use that kind of weak authentication. You can read the jist of the hack here:

It is due to dumb MF'ers over at the cell phone companies who fall for Social Engineering hack.

ok thanks for the info I just changed it.

hold up I just bought ethereum and it says it will arrive in 7 days:sick:. Im either going to be sick or happy when it gets to my account.

edit: warning to any other novices bank transfers take days to complete only debit anc credit are instant.

hold up I just bought ethereum and it says it will arrive in 7 days:sick:. Im either going to be sick or happy when it gets to my account.

edit: warning to any other novices bank transfers take days to complete only debit anc credit are instant.
If you been reading I stated this several times.. probably not the same page you posted on.

7 days bank transfers.

all good! dont feel sick. Through trial and error we learn from our mistakes dont look back just keep it pushing.

Kraken keeps crashing on me. I'm trying to get in on this Ripple wave. I see it went from .59 cent to .85 cent today.

I keep trying to get verified on mobile, should I be on my laptop?

has anyone cashed out on crypto in FY 16 and reported it on their return in the beginning of this year? How did you report them? Did you just report it under a basic capital gain?

need LTC to rebound. I bought in at $377 thinking it was going to grow at least one more day and I'd pump and dump

has anyone cashed out on crypto in FY 16 and reported it on their return in the beginning of this year? How did you report them? Did you just report it under a basic capital gain?
It is reported as a capital gain, and long term or short term capital gain depending on how long you held the crypto.
Crypto is reported as a property according to the IRS.

I would recommend telling your accountant if you cashed in, especially using Coinbase as an exchange, as currently the IRS got records of transactions from them.

It is reported as a capital gain, and long term or short term capital gain depending on how long you held the crypto.
Crypto is reported as a property according to the IRS.

I would recommend telling your accountant if you cashed in, especially using Coinbase as an exchange, as currently the IRS got records of transactions from them.
I am my accountant LOL but aside from basic W2 and 1099 forms I havn't had much to deal with. Coinbase doesn't send out 1099s and from everything I learned it never included crypto cause schools be behind on tech

but i have yet to cash out on anything crypto. Everything I bought this year is still in the coin

Here we go.

giphy-2gif.gif

I am my accountant LOL but aside from basic W2 and 1099 forms I havn't had much to deal with. Coinbase doesn't send out 1099s and from everything I learned it never included crypto cause schools be behind on tech
Well I am one too :nerd:

What program you use to report taxes? I’m assuming proseries or lacerte.

I thought the IRS ONLY subpoena records of users of anything 20K or more from Coinbase.

Back
Top Bottom