OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Why the slow post-season start for Seguin by the way?
so games 1, 2, and 3...he was just awful. turnovers and shying away from contact. exactly what happened in the regular season when he would sort of slump for stretches of time. games 4 and 5 he played better. i don't think he was as physical as he could be, still not really getting in there and digging, but he was a little better with turnovers. he was getting some GREAT chances, and although he wasn't finishing, he was doing something right to find himself in those spots imo. he just looked a little more confident with the puck these last two games. i do think he tries to put too many moves on guys sometimes rather than just use his speed and blow by guys. but you'll hear all the analysts say it, and it seems true from how he played this season, he really is a streaky player. let's hope that breakthrough in OT opened the gates.

Stoll is dangerous when he has that much room to pick his corner on net.  Never yelled so much in life, than I did last night after that. 
I'm proud of the guys, every single one, no one takes a shift off.  

I was so tempted to meet the team at the airport at midnight, but my pregnant gf already thinks I'm crazy, that would have sent her through the roof. 
laugh.gif

Gotta take my hats off to Ranger fans. I was in NY over the weekend and went with my cousin (who is a Ranger fan) to the game, amazing experience.

So regardless of how the Bruins' post-season ends, Seguin should be in the weight room adding to his frame and gaining strength to be more consistently elite in 2012-2013.

I dont follow hockey really but how didbthe rangers get the one seed? Strictly goaltending? Cuz their offense is doo doo

Not the start the Rangers needed. Just need some kind of flow to get the offense going. Dump and chase. Nothing after.

Rangers have looked really bad this series; they don't scare me even though we couldn't beat them this year...if you said that to me 2 weeks ago I would have been deathly afraid 

So regardless of how the Bruins' post-season ends, Seguin should be in the weight room adding to his frame and gaining strength to be more consistently elite in 2012-2013.

Anything less than 40 goals for him next year will be a disappointment.  As soon as the B's season is over, he needs to link up with Gary Roberts.  Just look at what his training regimen did for Steven Stamkos. 

Shoot the puck you @+*+*+# come on already

@+*+*+# dudes all cute on offense. Throw the damn puck at the net! Trying to be fancy and $+*%

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Rangers have looked really bad this series; they don't scare me even though we couldn't beat them this year...if you said that to me 2 weeks ago I would have been deathly afraid 

The Sens are the only team that can beat the Rangers in the East and it looks like they will. For some reason Ottawa didn't have any problems with them during the regular season sorta like your Flyers made light work of Pittsburgh in the regular season meetings. The Flyers don't draw the Pens in the first round and they make the first round exit. Same story with my Wings and Nashville. While I do subscribe to the playoffs being an entirely different beast, if a team draws a team that owned them in the regular season, chances are nothing will change in the playoffs. I expect the Kings to upset the Blues in the next round too. If Boston can beat Washington I feel they will survive against the remaining teams out East.

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Originally Posted by StillIn729

The Sens are the only team that can beat the Rangers in the East and it looks like they will. For some reason Ottawa didn't have any problems with them during the regular season sorta like your Flyers made light work of Pittsburgh in the regular season meetings. The Flyers don't draw the Pens in the first round and they make the first round exit. Same story with my Wings and Nashville. While I do subscribe to the playoffs being an entirely different beast, if a team draws a team that owned them in the regular season, chances are nothing will change in the playoffs. I expect the Kings to upset the Blues in the next round too. If Boston can beat Washington I feel they will survive against the remaining teams out East.
I agree to an extent, but Rangers have had their chances and are still playing excellent defense, they just can't get ANYTHING to go on power plays and they are playing soft to start tonight. I hope to see something change these next two periods.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Anything less than 40 goals for him next year will be a disappointment.  As soon as the B's season is over, he needs to link up with Gary Roberts.  Just look at what his training regimen did for Steven Stamkos. 
yeah. he needs to be add some physicality to his game. right now, he's rarely going to win a puck battle on the boards if you put a body on him. also, consistency. he is way too streaky a player to score 40. the only other thing that would keep him away from 40 is the bruins style and approach (defense first, rolling 4 lines, etc).

i don't wanna play the rangers or the bruins. both are match up problems for the flyers just like the flyers were w/ the pens. i think pens would've made to the finals had it been another team. if both win i think one of them will be in the finals.
edit. i agree with everything wings said.

Back
Top Bottom