OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

scary day for anisimov and redmond

redmond got his femoral artery cut in practice :x

Last edited:
:rofl: @ gerbe trying to stir it up with phaneuf. phaneuf was just like, "the hell up off me, **** boy"

:lol:

Good win in Carolina tonight, makes it 3 in a row on the road which is significant after our struggles last year

Thoughts are with Zach Redmond, from everything I've heard from the local media it was pretty horrific what happened to him, femoral artery cut :x spent 3 hours in surgery, but apparently he's going to be ok which is good to hear

Sup boys! Haven't been here in a long time. How's my hockey homies doing?

Bruins have been consistently good lately and I am really liking that. The Lucic/Krejci/Horton is going off. If anybody saw the Bruins/Lightning game last night, Krejci was really impressive. He just had another gear for speed. And Lucic and Horton have been consistently going to the net and using their big bodies for space. I really like that.

The Bergeron line is great as well. No problems with me. Yes, we all want Tyler to score more goals but I am actually don't really care that he isn't getting goals. He's been pretty consistent taking beatings around the net and he's got two really good players around him if he has to dish the puck.

Dougie Hamilton has provided something valuable to the blue line: offense! I read some Yahoo article a few weeks ago hyping Dougie to be the next Bobby Orr. Look, we all know he won't be and I don't want him to be Orr. I'm perfectly fine with him playing his game the way he has been playing since the lockout ended. Good shot that gets through traffic. I've noticed lots of his shots produce rebounds and the boys down low gobble it up. As a young rearguard, I do see some improvements he needs to do. I've seen him thread the needle a whole lot. He just needs to make a simple play and dump the puck into the opponents end when he feels pressure instead of trying to force a pass onto a teammates stick.

The only knock I have is Ference. I haven't seen him play very well. McQuaid has been solid for us. You know what you're going to get with McQuaid. Defense, hitting and fighting. Good. That's all I want you to do but something is wrong with Ference.

Just real solid up and down the lineup.

My dude Jonathan Huberdeau with another sick move in the shootout last night though 
pimp.gif

light work of the panthers today

bruins are even from a plus/minus standpoint when playing shorthanded :pimp:

^Kid is a Patty Kane clone. Can't go wrong with any of the top 3 this year.

Don't know how the Ducks keep pulling wins out, even when they play like ****, but I'll take it. Need a beat down of the Kings tonight.

Is Tortorella on the hot seat? If not, he should be. There's too much talent on that Rangers roster to be this offensively inept.

No excuses but everyone is hurt except Gaby.

I am disappointed in myself for not seeing more Lightning games in person. I have access to season tickets. Stamkos is so ridiculous

No excuses but everyone is hurt except Gaby.

I am disappointed in myself for not seeing more Lightning games in person. I have access to season tickets. Stamkos is so ridiculous

Where has Chris Kreider been all year? After the playoffs, I thought for sure he was gonna be a breakout star this season.

Honestly, half their roster is a AHL line up due to injuries and theyre soft. They lost A LOT with the departure of Prust & Dubi. Both of those were high evergy guys and willing to drop the gloves. They also just got rid of Rupp who does that as well.
Word to McDonagh getting boarded and it going unanswered. They can easily be punked.

So who is their scrapper? Bickel who is almost always a healthy scratch?

Krieds is just ... not performing, can you put that on Torts? Nah..

Is it Torts' fault for the overall performance.. eh maybe some but then again, i much rather have him than Mike Yeo right now.

Last edited:

I thought this was funny...

Since I live in one of the best hockey cities in the country, I really need to learn more about the game. I'm a casual fan, but I want to learn more about the intricacies of the sport, so I have a question...it may be a dumb question.

When you pass the puck to a teammate, and he passes it back to you and you score a goal...do you still get the assist?

Back
Top Bottom