OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

I thought this was funny...

Since I live in one of the best hockey cities in the country, I really need to learn more about the game. I'm a casual fan, but I want to learn more about the intricacies of the sport, so I have a question...it may be a dumb question.

When you pass the puck to a teammate, and he passes it back to you and you score a goal...do you still get the assist?

No, your teammate gets the helper.

Player A passes to Player B who then gives it back to Player A, who scores a goal. Player B gets the Assist

Player A passes to Player B who then passes to Player C, who scores a goal. Player A & Player B get the Assists (there are secondary assists in hockey)

Last edited:

I thought this was funny...

Since I live in one of the best hockey cities in the country, I really need to learn more about the game. I'm a casual fan, but I want to learn more about the intricacies of the sport, so I have a question...it may be a dumb question.

When you pass the puck to a teammate, and he passes it back to you and you score a goal...do you still get the assist?

No, your teammate gets the helper.

Player A passes to Player B who then gives it back to Player, who scores a goal. Player B gets the Assist

Player A passes to Player B who then passes to Player C, who scores a goal. Player A & Player B get the Assists (there are secondary assists in hockey)

thanks bro, that has literally been wracking my brain all day for some reason lol.

repped

Give it a shot. Hockey is deep and pretty fan friendly in terms of how much knowledge you need to enjoy a game. Like basketball, as you watch more and more, you start noticing defensive and offensive schemes, fore-checks, ect.

Just dont make a huge mistake and become a Bruins fan.

Give it a shot. Hockey is deep and pretty fan friendly in terms of how much knowledge you need to enjoy a game. Like basketball, as you watch more and more, you start noticing defensive and offensive schemes, fore-checks, ect.

Just dont make a huge mistake and become a Bruins fan.

Come on bro, I'm from Pittsburgh, thats not even an option lol. I understand the game for the most part, hockey is REALLY big in Pittsburgh. Its really multicultural here as well, you can find hockey on in any household here. But I agree with what you said, I need to start watching it more to learn all the little things that make the game really exciting

I live in Alberta so I know what you're talking about. I also have family in Morgantown, West Virginia who are Penguins fans. So Ive heard how crazy that city is.

I can just imagine that if its anything like up here, playoff time in the pubs in Pittsburgh is :nthat:

I hear it all the time from local sports media, but do most hockey fans actually consider Crosby and Malkin to be the best in the world?

Most fans... I think you could say Crosby is #1 and Malkin would be arguably #2 as a general consensus. Ovechkin kind of fell off over the last year and a bit.

Depending on who you talk to.. But i would say Yes.

i give it to Crosby ... When that man is healthy.. He simply shats on everyone. EVERYONE. PITT is pretty lucky to have them both.

Last edited:
As well we should be. Team does not look to have nearly the same intensity this season. Everyone came down to earth..

Terrible game for the Pens, and I worry about Vok being a viable option in the playoffs

But I had a shut out tonight so I don't really care :smokin

Caps have a tough one tonight in Philly, but they've won 5 of 7 and seem to be getting Oates' system. Their power play is disgusting (in a good way) and the PK is coming around. Not to mention Ovechkin is playing his best all-around hockey. I really think that in due time, Ovechkin is going to have a complete transformation like what happened with Ilya Kovalchuk. Another thing...I don't know what Mike Ribeiro is going to want as far as a payday, but the Caps need to do whatever it takes to retain him. Dude is too smooth out there with the puck.

What's Wrong With The New York Rangers?

The loss of guys like Prust and Dubinsky are looming large. Those guys played a bigger part in the team's identity than what was probably given credit to. I would have never thought I'd see the day when a Rangers-coached team of John Tortorella's was "soft." This is crazy.

Last edited:
Boston and St Louis want Briere but the no trade is gonna be an issue

Briere is a family man also...I can't see him waiving his NTC and uprooting his boys from their schools around the Philly area.

IF it does go down, I'd love to see Chris Stewart as part of the package. Philly fans would love how he plays. He's real tight w/ Wayne Simmonds also.

Briere is a family man also...I can't see him waiving his NTC and uprooting his boys from their schools around the Philly area.

IF it does go down, I'd love to see Chris Stewart as part of the package. Philly fans would love how he plays. He's real tight w/ Wayne Simmonds also.

I don't see him waiving unless maybe the Flyers are really out of it

I love Briere but I'd do it to get rid of the 6.5 cap hit if it brought back something decent

That trade Joe Nieuwendyk did yesterday :\

Not really sure how I feel about it.

His track record with trades really isnt all that great.

Sounds like the Stars trade was done moreso as a security move for the future. Morrow, Jagr, Nystrom, and Ryder are all free agents next year.

Back
Top Bottom