OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

pimp.gif
At Cody Hodgson's SHG last night... Steal at center ice then cut up everyone on CAR to get to the net unassisted.
pimp.gif

:pimp: At Cody Hodgson's SHG last night... Steal at center ice then cut up everyone on CAR to get to the net unassisted. :pimp:
That was pretty sweet.....Flyers Pens tomorrow :smokin :smokin body is ready after taking an L to the Rags we need to come out strong and beat Pittsburgh, Boston up next too :smh:

This Flyers team just isn't that good, they will compete next year

This year is a do the best you can do year

They need retooling on D, moving Briere should be a priority if hell wave his clause

This Flyers team just isn't that good, they will compete next year

This year is a do the best you can do year

They need retooling on D, moving Briere should be a priority if hell wave his clause

Yeah I heard rumors about the Blues wanting him....then it mentioned Shattenkirk :lol: that would be amazing but they're not that stupid to move a young puck moving Dman for a 35 yr old. Danny is a valuable chip for a team that thinks they can make a run though hes got 109 pts in 108 playoff games which is absurd, but the Flyers will still make the playoffs I believe...losing Mez took away solid depth and Luke Schenn has actually been solid. Also my boy Simmonds and Voracek have been in beast mode lately...we aren't winning the cup but I think they can win a round or mayyyybe two depending on match ups (aka not getting Boston round 1)

Ouch. Wear a damn half shield. I know a majority of players are starting to wear them and rightfully so to avoid **** like that.

Only thing that would be impacted by making half shields mandatory is that it would take away from the spontaneous fights.. Cause with no shield at all.. you can just start whaling at eachother.. But with a visor... Both would have to agree to a fight and take off the helmets to fight. Which isnt too bad because honestly, i hate when players fight with their helmets on.. Only because it must hurt like a ***** to repeatedly hit that thing in the middle of a fight.

I think players should wear Kevlar socks too...

MN State High School Boys Hockey tournery has begun.. :pimp: Cant wait for the Lets Play Hockey Expo this weekend. :pimp:

Last edited:
I don't feel bad for anyone who gets hit in the face who isn't wearing a visor, you deserve it, it's simply Darwinism at work.

I don't feel bad for anyone who gets hit in the face who isn't wearing a visor, you deserve it, it's simply Darwinism at work.

Deserve it? Really?

I'm all for visors, but I think there should be a grandfather rule. MANDATORY for all new players starting in the 2013-14 season.

Yup you deserve it, you took a completely unnecessary risk and paid for it in full, after Bryan Berard Chris Pronger you think player would learn,

So if you get hit in the face don't come crying to me becase I have ZERO sympathy, wear a ******g visor, there is no reason not to.

Last edited:
im not saying anyone is specifically crying about it guys it's a turn of phrase.

Point is wear a visor or suffer the consequences.

Yup you deserve it, you took a completely unnecessary risk and paid for it in full, after Bryan Berard Chris Pronger you think player would learn,

So if you get hit in the face don't come crying to me becase I have ZERO sympathy, wear a ******g visor, there is no reason not to.

You know the risks involved, but to say someone DESERVES it is flat out ridiculous.

You don't need to have sympathy, but I have a problem with you saying Staal, Berard, Pronger, etc deserved their injuries....I think you're completely off-base.

*I guess Richard Zednik deserved to have his throat slashed also...I mean, throat protectors are mandatory in juniors and he chose (like the rest of the league) to not wear one. Same line of thinking, right?

Last edited:
I wear as much gear as possible. You won't catch me trying to be tough :lol:

Seriously though if I feel a stinger or get hurt, I always then think of how I can avoid next time and what gear would help. I wear some football pads, some rollerblading pads, all kinds of crap

i wear a full cage...mostly because im not trying to get teeth replaced or my eye messed up. i'd play like a total poof without the full cage :lol:

You know the risks involved, but to say someone DESERVES it is flat out ridiculous.

You don't need to have sympathy, but I have a problem with you saying Staal, Berard, Pronger, etc deserved their injuries....I think you're completely off-base.

*I guess Richard Zednik deserved to have his throat slashed also...I mean, throat protectors are mandatory in juniors and he chose (like the rest of the league) to not wear one. Same line of thinking, right?

an random skate flying, randomly slashing you corded artery, =/= getting hit in the face with a puck.

It's reasonable to forgo a neck guard because the consequences aren't as great, as scary as it is with the amount of medical staff at games a neck slashed player will be fine, nobody has had their career seriously altered by neck slashin, it's not kill bill.

But eye injuries? Players have had career and vision threatening injuries by not wearing visors.

Use the legal standard of negligence.

Could a reasonable person foresee getting hit in the face by a puck as a possible outcome of playing hockey professionally without a visor.? Yes.

Not wearing on is extremely ******g negligent.

Both Richard Zednik and Clint Malarchuk almost died due to getting skates to the neck....but hey, their careers weren't seriously altered tho.

Back
Top Bottom