Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

morningstar7777:
He claims he does NO drugs or Alcohol, so there must be something wrong with this dood mentally.
Damn, it's like that?
laugh.gif
"Oh, you don't smoke or drink? Must be something wrong with you. Got to be."

Hell, I don't smoke or drink either. None. That just made me even more of a fan of Lin (and I'm definitely a fan; I just hate the sensational comparisons).

So you really don't agree that he looks a lot like a mix between Stockton, Nash and Zeke? Come on, man!

and the intangibles of magic 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

Floyd Mayweather tho,
30t6p3b.gif
"Jeremy Lin is a good player but all the hype is because he's Asian.
Black players do what he does every night and don't get the same praise."

He claims he does NO drugs or Alcohol, so there must be something wrong with this dood mentally. I WAS a fan too, but he's reaching.
30t6p3b.gif
Nobody has done what Jeremy Lin has done as far as the history of the NBA is concerned. Asian or not this guy is something special. 
This is 75% true.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Floyd Mayweather tho,
30t6p3b.gif
"Jeremy Lin is a good player but all the hype is because he's Asian.
Black players do what he does every night and don't get the same praise."

He claims he does NO drugs or Alcohol, so there must be something wrong with this dood mentally. I WAS a fan too, but he's reaching.
30t6p3b.gif
Nobody has done what Jeremy Lin has done as far as the history of the NBA is concerned. Asian or not this guy is something special. 
This is 75% true.

I'm telling ya'll, Lin really represents Asian-Americans a lot, you have no idea how refreshing it is to finally have someone to relate to in sports, and someone I actually played against and knew a little bit. And to see him succeed this well? It's really unbelievable.

I'm telling ya'll, Lin really represents Asian-Americans a lot, you have no idea how refreshing it is to finally have someone to relate to in sports, and someone I actually played against and knew a little bit. And to see him succeed this well? It's really unbelievable.

i honestly don't feel like floyd's statement is that far fetched
it's like when christophe lemaitre lost to yohan blake but he got all the attention since it's rare to see a white guy run that fast

i honestly don't feel like floyd's statement is that far fetched
it's like when christophe lemaitre lost to yohan blake but he got all the attention since it's rare to see a white guy run that fast

Floyd's statement is ignorant...being Asian did NOT help him when he was playing high school ball, when he was being scouted...

Floyd's statement is ignorant...being Asian did NOT help him when he was playing high school ball, when he was being scouted...

Originally Posted by acidicality

Tell me about it. I'm Vietnamese- American and played point guard. Lin has reinvigorate the NBA to me. I'm officially a Knick's fan, and hope he succeeds to the max  getting a Chip with them. I stopped watching basketball after Wade/ Shaq... as far as watching whole full games. I didn't think Lin was gonna blow up like this. I thought he was gonna be a role player, to be honest. But what he's done in the past week, will forever be remember. The thing smart about Lin, is he doesn't bring race into his interviews. I know Asians be knocking him for it, but I like that he's not bringing in the fact he's representing Asians. Let his skill speak for itself..... What's more powerful, is his story has truly united people of all colors, and background. He's the American dream, something in this day and age, is hard to attain.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Tell me about it. I'm Vietnamese- American and played point guard. Lin has reinvigorate the NBA to me. I'm officially a Knick's fan, and hope he succeeds to the max  getting a Chip with them. I stopped watching basketball after Wade/ Shaq... as far as watching whole full games. I didn't think Lin was gonna blow up like this. I thought he was gonna be a role player, to be honest. But what he's done in the past week, will forever be remember. The thing smart about Lin, is he doesn't bring race into his interviews. I know Asians be knocking him for it, but I like that he's not bringing in the fact he's representing Asians. Let his skill speak for itself..... What's more powerful, is his story has truly united people of all colors, and background. He's the American dream, something in this day and age, is hard to attain.

Floyd Mayweather tho,
30t6p3b.gif
"Jeremy Lin is a good player but all the hype is because he's Asian. Black players do what he does every night and don't get the same praise."
Floyd sounding mad salty. Stay wanting that attention.

Which black player does that on a nightly basis and doesn't get praise?

Floyd Mayweather tho,
30t6p3b.gif
"Jeremy Lin is a good player but all the hype is because he's Asian. Black players do what he does every night and don't get the same praise."
Floyd sounding mad salty. Stay wanting that attention.

Which black player does that on a nightly basis and doesn't get praise?

Floyd Mayweather tho,
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
no. bc mostly he's been playing his @%+ off dummy. he wasn't getting any praise last year when he struggled at times and looked horrible at times. I didn't see PBF saying anything back then.
wonder how PBF would feel if back in the 50s, if a white guy said the same thing about black players. 

"Earl Lloyd is a good player but all the hype is bc he's black. White players do what he does every night and don't get the same praise." and i'm pretty sure lloyd didn't set the nba on fire like lin is doing now.

from now on I'm going to ignore anything that ****** says.

Floyd Mayweather tho,
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
no. bc mostly he's been playing his @%+ off dummy. he wasn't getting any praise last year when he struggled at times and looked horrible at times. I didn't see PBF saying anything back then.
wonder how PBF would feel if back in the 50s, if a white guy said the same thing about black players. 

"Earl Lloyd is a good player but all the hype is bc he's black. White players do what he does every night and don't get the same praise." and i'm pretty sure lloyd didn't set the nba on fire like lin is doing now.

from now on I'm going to ignore anything that ****** says.

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by 219elite

people said Nash was a poor mans Stockton early in Nash's career the same way ppl will say Lin is a poor mans Nash. *shrugs*
When I see Lin play, I think of a slower Tony Parker with better court vision.  I don't see anything of Nash in Lin's game at all.  People who are throwing out names like Stockton and Nash - they're making me question if they're really paying attention to how Lin plays. 
It's because you were in diapers when Stockton was playing.

Originally Posted by 219elite

people said Nash was a poor mans Stockton early in Nash's career the same way ppl will say Lin is a poor mans Nash. *shrugs*
When I see Lin play, I think of a slower Tony Parker with better court vision.  I don't see anything of Nash in Lin's game at all.  People who are throwing out names like Stockton and Nash - they're making me question if they're really paying attention to how Lin plays. 
It's because you were in diapers when Stockton was playing.

Back
Top Bottom