Official Nike HyperDunk Thread... Kobe PEs(away and home) now available.

Originally Posted by BOLT55

Originally Posted by RockDeep

so retail on these are gonna be 110?
Good luck with that. But lets hope.

page 1 got the retail for 110, if true then these will mcfly of the shelves! that's very reasonable for a shoe with all the new techs and marketing they got going. I was expecting a price tag of around 140. Maybe nike learned their lesson from the Air Force 25 release which were retailed at 150 and 175.

My intent on that comment was to say, Good Luck GETTING THEM at that price....as the few who will have access Im sure will be reselling them at an absurdamount.

With the Celtics winning the NBA Championship and with the 2008 Beijing Summer Games approaching quickly, all of Basketball Nation's eyes are impatiently waiting for the tip-off to the Summer Olympics Basketball games. Initially, the Beijing Olympics were set to be a homecoming party for Yao Ming and Yi JianLian, unfortunately, Yao got injured towards the end of the Rockets' season. Yi though, is slated to run with his Chinese squad.

As we mentioned during our extensive coverage of the Nike Hyperdunk, the Hyperdunk will serve as Nike's showcase piece for Nike Olympics Basketball athletes. As part of this, many of the Nike's players and Nike sponsored Olympic teams will wear PE editions of the Nike Hyperdunk. Yi JianLian is set to wear a traditionally Chinese colored Red/Gold/Black Nike Hyperdunk that also features Yi's Scorpion/Yi logo at the tongue and his Olympics number 11 on the medial toe.

The "Yi" Nike Hyperdunk PE has released in China and will make it's way into the House of Hoops by Foot Locker late July.
yi-nike-hyperdunk-p.jpg

yi-nike-hyperdunk-1.jpg

yi-nike-hyperdunk-2.jpg

yi-nike-hyperdunk-5.jpg

yi-nike-hyperdunk-3.jpg

Words cannot express how much I hate House of Hoops

page 1 got the retail for 110, if true then these will mcfly of the shelves! that's very reasonable for a shoe with all the new techs and marketing they got going. I was expecting a price tag of around 140. Maybe nike learned their lesson from the Air Force 25 release which were retailed at 150 and 175.

My intent on that comment was to say, Good Luck GETTING THEM at that price....as the few who will have access Im sure will be reselling them at an absurd amount.

that rules out any large chain stores (footlocker, champs, eastbay etc.), niketowns (since they charge retail), house of hoops... leaving us with"boutique" type stores. thats lame. performance shoes should not be released this way.

Believe me. I am with you guys.

Nike has whats called Energy Releases, and they are to created to quickly move products which are rare or limited in production, but when it hurts the GeneralReleases of the same Product, thats counter productive.

This happens often with the Lebron Line. This is also the case with Kobes line. Vince's line Needed an Energy Release other than TDot's. House of Hoopsis merely ONE Store which not known by many general consumers other than the small stint of Commercials they did on initial opening and is really not worth thedamage it is doing to the Lebron line as well as other Products in Nike's Basketball line.

If word were to get out to ALL Consumers that Nike offers limited products in ONE place and all other consumers are given only the option of traditional colorways which aren't as popular anymore, this could further hinder Nike Basketballs bottom line.

The Sharkley and Hyperdunk are releases which could keep things above water IF Footlocker buys into colorways which aren't too basic and safe.

The hyperdunk had a crap load of Colorways sampled up which KILL the General Releases seen so far as well as Limited Kobe and McFly releases... but unlessRetailers ordered them or Nike plans to do Special Online releases...

Nikeid will be the only place they can really look to get wild and hope a continued buzz will take place. Like the AF25 debacle, Nike rests its hopes on thesuccess of the Hyperdunk.

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

My intent on that comment was to say, Good Luck GETTING THEM at that price....as the few who will have access Im sure will be reselling them at an absurd amount.

that rules out any large chain stores (footlocker, champs, eastbay etc.), niketowns (since they charge retail), house of hoops... leaving us with "boutique" type stores. thats lame. performance shoes should not be released this way.
Wow that is crazy. thanks Rock and Downy for the clarification. I was under the impression that these were your everyday type of release and thati'll be seeing these all summer long on the courts in pick games and bball leagues.

ZKIII's for me untill the release of the ZKIV.

^ my statements are just assumptions based off what has been said, hope no one is taking them as anything else.

^^^SINcereOne03: I am totoally with you! I have two vouchers just waiting to be u on Nike.com and I've been saving them for these Hyperdunks, but it looksas if Nike is going to screw us again! AHHHH!

JUST RELEASE THEM NIKE!

The left shoe gave it away....
Dang the left shoe the whole top gave it away. Almost everybody thats 25+ knows thats the Back to the future style with the numbers and stuff.
laugh.gif

There would have been a perfect chance to showcase and build Hype for the Hyperdunk by releasing Colorways of each team in the playoffs at Footlockers or Urban Retailers in those Respective Cities with an even More Limited release at other locations across the US.

Its a No Brainer to have a Celtic & Laker Release for the Finals with all the Hype and History these two teams have.

Ball Dropped.
Interesting.

It's simply amazing that Nike's business subsidiary Converse immediately capitalizes on the timeless rivalry by reminding fans, both young and old,that Magic and Bird both wore the Weapon Mid when the two teams met last in the Finals. I've gathered that the manufacuturing constraints in producing acouple thousand pairs of shirts is much different and less than that of fabricating a limited run of gaudy sneakers. But at this point in the game, I'velearned to expect this non-action.

On another note, the shirts were pretty shoddy. Very thin fabric...but hey, Cons blessed me with them so I ain't mad, and actually have rocked them both onseparate occasions. (Who's excited for the true-to-material reissue of the Weapon in '09?
eek.gif
)

The hyperdunk had a crap load of Colorways sampled up which KILL the General Releases seen so far as well as Limited Kobe and McFly releases... but unless Retailers ordered them or Nike plans to do Special Online releases...

Nikeid will be the only place they can really look to get wild and hope a continued buzz will take place. Like the AF25 debacle, Nike rests its hopes on the success of the Hyperdunk.

I know no words strong enough to describe how angry I will be at Nike if they do not release those white/golds.

I'm fully prepared to be disappointed, and yet again, I will have to ask why Nike has to toy with us like this.
frown.gif
mad.gif

Why can't Nike get something right for once? Just once?

Originally Posted by JDRone

There would have been a perfect chance to showcase and build Hype for the Hyperdunk by releasing Colorways of each team in the playoffs at Footlockers or Urban Retailers in those Respective Cities with an even More Limited release at other locations across the US.

Its a No Brainer to have a Celtic & Laker Release for the Finals with all the Hype and History these two teams have.

Ball Dropped.
Interesting.

It's simply amazing that Nike's business subsidiary Converse immediately capitalizes on the timeless rivalry by reminding fans, both young and old, that Magic and Bird both wore the Weapon Mid when the two teams met last in the Finals. I've gathered that the manufacuturing constraints in producing a couple thousand pairs of shirts is much different and less than that of fabricating a limited run of gaudy sneakers. But at this point in the game, I've learned to expect this non-action.

On another note, the shirts were pretty shoddy. Very thin fabric...but hey, Cons blessed me with them so I ain't mad, and actually have rocked them both on separate occasions. (Who's excited for the true-to-material reissue of the Weapon in '09?
eek.gif
)

It would never happen, but I would love to see them make them in the US like a lot of their basketball shoes from the 80s were. I am def amped for someWeapons though.

"It would never happen, but I would love to see them make them in the US like a lot of their basketball shoes from the 80s were. I am defamped for some Weapons though."

I'm inherently skeptical in regards to retro models, especially with what we've seen from companies across the board. Whether it's adidas and thepoor leather they placed on both the Centennial and Forums or Nike altering the silhouette of the Air Force 1, people just don't seem to have a good graspon how to reissue models. But after seeing how Converse freaked things with the Pro Leather '76 Mids and Lows, I'm fairly excited. Leather quality isunbelievably smooth as is the midsole and upper stitching on my below pair.

My anticipation and hopes are reliant upon a move back to a more traditionally flatter upper, and thus a more prominent Y-Bar. We shall see.

JUST GOT MY LATEST ISSUE OF SLAM MAGAZINE...WHILE BROWSING, SAW THE NIKE HYPERDUNK AD RELEASING JULY 26!!!!!!!! ON NDC

Originally Posted by kobehead

Just to let everyone know. I believe those White/Golds will be one of the first Hyperdunk GRs to release. I remember when I saw a few of the Marketing guys wearing these samples a few months ago...

My eyes popped out of my head. The Gold isn't as Shiny as it appears in the pics, but still a good Summer shoe to probably be released in the Fall none the less.

I would just save them for the following Summer.

Hey RockDeep, do you got any info on the ZK3 MVP release?

It will release in Asia next week

Nice, Maze. Those blackouts are hot. Olympic GR's look good, too. Thanks.

On a related note, I finally took my black/gold/purples out of their mangled box... for the very first time. I was completely floored by how light they are.

Back
Top Bottom