***Official Political Discussion Thread***

am i missing something or are we discussing starvation wages and long-term financing techniques in the same conversation?

HALF of US workers cap out at 2x minimum wage and the question is financial savvy?
The question is why aren't people taught how to manage money, then understanding the value of the the dollar. If people would have been taught about money, wealth building first, none of this would be an issue.

I personally would like to see a health and education agenda going in this country, for which people are paid to attend.

You see this is cool and all, and I would agree, but it also touches on my point about personal responsibility politics being injected into the mix at every turn

Education and housing are two areas where society has allowed the cost of them to hyperinflate. Maybe if going to college was cheaper then loans wouldn't drag down someone's economic prospects for life. If housing was less expensive maybe more people could afford homes.

American needs to tackle the systematic issues because that is what drivea most of the poor outcomes we see, not poor choices by people.

I agree 100%, but RIGHT NOW we can step in and say “whoa bud! You don’t want to spend 100k on your liberal arts degree in lesbian dance.”

in the future I like your plan and it needs to go that direction.

KHUFU KHUFU my mom was telling me when she got divorced in the 90s it was still hard to get financed without a man.

she had to have my dad co sign on an apartment for her in the 80s while he was out on deployment as well.

You see this is cool and all, and I would agree, but it also touches on my point about personal responsibility politics being injected into the mix at every turn

Education and housing are two areas where society has allowed the cost of them to hyperinflate. Maybe if going to college was cheaper then loans wouldn't drag down someone's economic prospects for life. If housing was less expensive maybe more people could afford homes.

American needs to tackle the systematic issues because that is what drivea most of the poor outcomes we see, not poor choices by people.

"America needs to tackle the systematic issues because that is what drives most of the poor outcomes we see, not poor choices by people."

I really get a kick out of folks who claim education is the great equalizer...

pay-scale3.png

Y’all out here stealing groceries? :lol: :smh:

I hope you thieves don’t make these stores get rid of self checkout.
The little amount ppl steal is nothing compared to the amount the grocery store saves by making customers do their labor.

Bill Burr says it best :lol:

Sebastian too

Last edited:
KHUFU KHUFU my mom was telling me when she got divorced in the 90s it was still hard to get financed without a man.

she had to have my dad co sign on an apartment for her in the 80s while he was out on deployment as well.
Women were still slaves in this country, up until the late seventies. Minimum wage earnings were indeed directed at them first. This is how they allowed white women to be a part of the Affirmative Action situation, then hiring them as minorities, yet only paying them minimum wage.

Last edited:
Why is that?

if it's too low it can be increased; too high leads to job losses that probably aren't coming back and we re-create the problems caused by offshoring

the wreckage would be blamed on Democrats and we will have lost some of the trust on economic matters we've been building up for many years

it will always be better for workers to have Democrats in control doing things like incrementally raising the minimum wage, than for Republicans to be in control and appointing anti-labor activists to cabinet positions and passing legislation to erode what few rights still exist

$15 minimum wage is popular however and seems relatively safe. i'm playing devils advocate mostly on what the right number actually is

one could argue (and I'd agree) that if Democrats don't act on increasing the minimum wage they would do more electoral harm to themselves than whatever fallout of a $15 minimum wage would be

"America needs to tackle the systematic issues because that is what drives most of the poor outcomes we see, not poor choices by people."

I really get a kick out of folks who claim education is the great equalizer...

pay-scale3.png

Sorry for not just reading the whole article but does this include only wealth added or does it also include wealth inherited? Also, does it address the gap in quality of education?

[/COLOR]
Truth man. America is nothing more than a marketers dream. Everything is within everyone’s price range. Live in shake but want a Gucci belt and Jordan’s, or buying a house knowing you can’t afford it in 6 months. People are wild. Got whole companies that run on people giving them money for nothing with these cash apps.

I’m sweating if I got more than 500 on my single credit card and mortgage isn’t more than paid 3 months in advance . Can’t imagine how these people living

Just so y’all see I ain’t faking the funk. If I can’t buy it, I don’t. If the money ain’t in the bank, then i don’t need it.
9871800A-4DF0-4EC6-86F0-4E860FD8F6F3.png

We have the same score :nthat:

132CE37C-CF51-41AC-8CFA-59AEBAC79FC7.jpeg

Sorry for not just reading the whole article but does this include only wealth added or does it also include wealth inherited? Also, does it address the gap in quality of education?

“For Black families and other families of color, studying and working hard is not associated with the same levels of wealth amassed among whites. Black families whose heads graduated from college have about 33 percent less wealth than white families whose heads dropped out of high school. The poorest white families—those in the bottom quintile of the income distribution— have slightly more wealth than black families in the middle quintiles of the income distribution. The average black household would have to save 100 percent of their income for three consecutive years to overcome the obstacles to wealth parity by dint of their own savings activity.”

"Bootstraps" though SMH.

No matter how much the minimum wage is, The "Black Tax" in the United States gotta be dealt with ASAP.

Discrimination laws need to be updated and enforced in all areas of life from loan applications to job applications.

The outcome of this study?

Nothing.

Not saying it’s right but this should surprise no one. I had an executive recruiter tell me in the past something about how he advised his Asian candidates to change their name to make them seem more employable. I don’t know if it’s for simplicity or employability but I have noticed a lot of Asians do go by “Caucasian American” names. I don’t know if I’ve seen African Americans do the same but maybe some of y’all can comment on that.

I’ve been participating in hiring and selection for development programs for over a decade and I can honestly say I have never looked at a name and crafted a story. That’s just weird to me. Blind resumes, as they’ve alluded to, would obviously be the answer but I don’t know how if that could be mandated but based on that video, some companies do try to do that which I think is good.

I don’t know how long it’s been around but I don’t find all the self-identification stuff on apps weird. They ask if you’re Hispanic/Latino and if you say no, you get another box with all the other ethnicities.

My boy had been in the hospital since Dec 22nd With covid. Just got the call that he passed away this morning. I really wish we, as a country, would have taken this **** more seriously and handled the response appropriately.

Hope everyone stays safe.

Not saying it’s right but this should surprise no one. I had an executive recruiter tell me in the past something about how he advised his Asian candidates to change their name to make them seem more employable. I don’t know if it’s for simplicity or employability but I have noticed a lot of Asians do go by “Caucasian American” names. I don’t know if I’ve seen African Americans do the same but maybe some of y’all can comment on that.

I’ve been participating in hiring and selection for development programs for over a decade and I can honestly say I have never looked at a name and crafted a story. That’s just weird to me. Blind resumes, as they’ve alluded to, would obviously be the answer but I don’t know how if that could be mandated but based on that video, some companies do try to do that which I think is good.

I don’t know how long it’s been around but I don’t find all the self-identification stuff on apps weird. They ask if you’re Hispanic/Latino and if you say no, you get another box with all the other ethnicities.
Years ago before I left corp america I noticed white candidates applying for positions, while also placing their pics on their resumes. Black candidates never used their pics, nor did the asian applicants. White candidates? Oh man, the pics were retouched, downright studio headshot worthy.

My boy had been in the hospital since Dec 22nd With covid. Just got the call that he passed away this morning. I really wish we, as a country, would have taken this **** more seriously and handled the response appropriately.

Hope everyone stays safe.
I’m sorry for your loss Brodie. That’s brutal and unfortunate that he had to lose his life due the negligence of our leader and his followers. Keep your head up pleigbboi.

Back
Top Bottom